Windows 10: laptop battery poor

Discus and support laptop battery poor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my laptop battery is poor, and i already order a new battery. but the battery arrived about 4 more days. so do i can still use it or you dont recommend... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cacano_667, Sep 16, 2021.

1. laptop battery poor

my laptop battery is poor, and i already order a new battery. but the battery arrived about 4 more days. so do i can still use it or you dont recommend to use it?

:)

cacano_667, Sep 16, 2021

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Sep 16, 2021
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

laptop battery poor pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 16, 2021
  4. laptop battery poor

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

laptop battery poor pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

laptop battery poor

1. laptop battery poor - Similar Threads - laptop battery poor

2. HP Laptop Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop Poor Performance: I have come into possession of an HP G62 laptop, probably 10 years old at least running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. It has an AMD Athlon II P320 dual core processor 2.10 GHz with 3 GB RAM.I've removed everything non-essential and performance is still abysmal. Any program...
  3. HP Laptop Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Laptop Poor Performance: I have come into possession of an HP G62 laptop, probably 10 years old at least running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. It has an AMD Athlon II P320 dual core processor 2.10 GHz with 3 GB RAM.I've removed everything non-essential and performance is still abysmal. Any program...
  4. Laptop battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop battery: Laptop battery only 86% when plugged in. Used to be 100. What is wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery/a0a18d7b-13cd-4e7d-842a-ae4870c4bf48
  5. Laptop battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop battery: Hello. I have a question that bothers me.Recently my laptop battery was dead and it won't charge because it has come to the end of its capability to hold the charges.So I bought a new battery and it is the correct battery for my laptop...
  6. Poor battery life after Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Poor battery life after Windows update: So I recently bought a new laptop, an ASUS zephyrus G15. The battery life was great, around 7 hours (without gaming). This changed suddenly after a Windows update. Now I barely have 2 hours of charge with all battery saving options enabled. Does anyone have an idea how I can...
  7. Laptop Battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Battery: Hello. I have a question about laptop battery. I encountered this battery when issue when i was charging the laptop . At first when i was charging the laptop it seemed ok but over few seconds the battery icon showed that it was not connected and was not charging . It seemed...
  8. Laptop battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop battery: Why will my laptop battery charge up when it is plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery/2aef5dc2-9261-4903-a085-7fb0d15289b9
  9. Laptop running poorly for gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop running poorly for gaming: An update for Geforce and Windows came about, so I updated them both and restarted my laptop. I went to play some games afterwards then suddenly I noticed a major frame drop issue... What I did was I checked to see if my drivers are up to date (which they are), checked my...
  10. Incredibly Poor Performance on a Powerful Laptop.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Incredibly Poor Performance on a Powerful Laptop.: Hello I have owned this computer for about a year and it has started to struggle with very simple tasks such as gaming on small games that it really should not have any problems with. I cannot play any games without having FPS fluctuations anywhere and I have updated all...