Windows 10: Laptop Battery randomly goes to zero

Discus and support Laptop Battery randomly goes to zero in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have an issue with my laptop's power.Occasionally, when I boot up my computer and log in, I'd immediately get a message saying that my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MattMovies 599, Apr 14, 2023.

1. Laptop Battery randomly goes to zero

Hello, I have an issue with my laptop's power.Occasionally, when I boot up my computer and log in, I'd immediately get a message saying that my PC battery is low. And then a second later, my computer would immediately die. Then when I charge it, it then says my battery level is at 1%, despite it being higher before.Please help with this, It's getting really annoying.

:)

MattMovies 599, Apr 14, 2023
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Battery Goes ZERO!!!

There are a couple of possible solutions to this:

There is an issue with the latest Windows 10 Update being reported on this forum, whereby when shut down is selected, the laptop only sleeps - to see if this is the case, shut down your laptop and after a few seconds see if all lights (Power
    HDD & WIfi) go out, if they do go out, then this is not your issue.

If you are quite sure your battery is healthy, then there is another know issue with one of the previous Windows 10 updates regarding the ACPI Battery Driver, Follow these Steps to rectify this issue:

• Disconnect Power Supply
    • Remove battery.
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop.
    • Control Panel - Device Manager.
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and Uninstall.
    • Shutdown.
    • Disconnect Power Supply.
    • Insert battery.
    • Connect Power Supply.
    • Turn on the laptop

I Hope this Answers your Question

DaveM121, Apr 14, 2023
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Apr 14, 2023
  4. archz2 Win User

Laptop Battery randomly goes to zero

Sudden battery drop to zero

I have Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 laptop running 64 bit windows 10 version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1165)I am facing an unusual battery drain to sudden 0. This began happening yesterday and happened again today. I suppose the battery drops to zero from 50-60%. There's no warning. The laptop just closes all of a sudden.Every time I work with my laptop plugged in the wall charging. I don't turn off the charging even it's full and continue to use it as it is. I only use my laptop on battery when I'm commuting, and that's exactly when I have faced this issue. I bought this laptop in April 2019. I'm enclosing the battery report html as a zip generated using Windows Powershell. Please suggest a solution.

battery-report.zip

archz2, Apr 14, 2023
Thema:

Laptop Battery randomly goes to zero

1. Laptop Battery randomly goes to zero - Similar Threads - Laptop Battery randomly

2. Laptop Battery randomly goes to zero

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Battery randomly goes to zero: Hello, I have an issue with my laptop's power.Occasionally, when I boot up my computer and log in, I'd immediately get a message saying that my PC battery is low. And then a second later, my computer would immediately die. Then when I charge it, it then says my battery level...
  3. Laptop Battery randomly goes to zero

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Battery randomly goes to zero: Hello, I have an issue with my laptop's power.Occasionally, when I boot up my computer and log in, I'd immediately get a message saying that my PC battery is low. And then a second later, my computer would immediately die. Then when I charge it, it then says my battery level...
  4. Battery Goes To Zero After Restarting/Shutting Down At Low Battery Level.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Goes To Zero After Restarting/Shutting Down At Low Battery Level.: I bought this laptop about a month ago, and this problem occurred for the first time 6 days ago. I have tried disabling fast startup, hibernation mode, and I even perform full shutdown shutdown /s /f /t 0, it doesn't seem to work at all.I can confirm there's nothing that uses...
  5. Sudden battery drop to zero

Sudden battery drop to zero: I have Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 laptop running 64 bit windows 10 version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1165)I am facing an unusual battery drain to sudden 0. This began happening yesterday and happened again today. I suppose the battery drops to zero from 50-60%. There's no warning. The...
  6. HELP! Laptop randomly goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Laptop randomly goes to sleep: So I’ve had this problem for the last few weeks. The laptop with suddenly go to sleep in the middle of working . After this happens I’ll press the power button and it wakes up with everything right where it was. The laptop is set to never sleep. Things I’ve noticed: 1) It’s...
  7. laptop screen goes dark randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    laptop screen goes dark randomly: I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 with a Ryzen 3 3250u, VEGA 3 graphics, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD. I have had to repair the laptop from a crash about 2 months ago which required me to reinstall windows 10. Last night, I was browsing a website and my secondary monitor went green and my...
  8. When waking up from sleep mode the battery goes too zero

When waking up from sleep mode the battery goes too zero: When i turn my pc on after sleep mode It will first seems like its full batery but than after a few minutes its going into hibernation mode all of a sudden with no warning! When i turn on the pc it will not turn on until i charge it. Then it will show battery alert error and...
  9. Laptop goes sleeping randomly

Laptop goes sleeping randomly: My laptop goes sleeping randomly 1. I observed that right before that happens, the Power-LED flashes in yellow color 5 fast flashes. Sometimes when the LEDs flash in that way, I move the mouse to prevent the PC to go to sleep and it appears to work. Because of that...
  10. Zero battery after Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Zero battery after Anniversary update: It may not be connected of course, but soon after the Anniversary update the battery of my new Cube tablet PC started draining. Battery apps reported that it was charging, and the charging notification light continued to flash, but the level fell to zero and the computer...