Windows 10: Laptop battery says 100% but dies when unplugged

Discus and support Laptop battery says 100% but dies when unplugged in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]Does your laptop battery say 100% but dies when unplugged? If yes, it may be due to several reasons – like a defective charger, failing battery,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 22, 2023.

1. WinClub New Member

Laptop battery says 100% but dies when unplugged

Laptop battery says 100% but dies when unplugged [​IMG]
    Does your laptop battery say 100% but dies when unplugged? If yes, it may be due to several reasons – like a defective charger, failing battery, etc. This post will discuss this topic in detail and give you effective methods to resolve this issue on your Windows 11/10 laptop. Laptop battery says 100% but dies […]

This article Laptop battery says 100% but dies when unplugged first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 22, 2023
  2. MSAsker Win User

Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged

Windows 11 task bar icons shows 100% charge. I did confirm this by generating battery report, it too showed 100% charge.

But when I unplug the charge the laptop dies.

The battery was replaced 1 and 1/2 months back. Before that I had a dead battery, I was using laptop plugged. But after replacing the battery it was working fine on battery power. I was getting backup time of about ~3hrs (this is exactly same that I got when I purchased the laptop).

But last day after fully charging the laptop, I unplugged the charger and tried to turn on but it was not able to boot.

So, I plugged in the charger again and tried to boot and it turned on.

At the time of posting this, the battery had a small drain and now it shows 97% charge, the Capacity Remaining section in battery report also shows a small drain.

Batter report still shows my battery details in Installed battery section

Laptop battery says 100% but dies when unplugged 75098758-ab16-4244-bb1c-312ee118ffae?upload=true.png

Last three day usage

Laptop battery says 100% but dies when unplugged b69399de-6608-4985-91c6-af31cf3f0dc1?upload=true.png

How do I verify whether this is battery issue or a circuit board issue ?

MSAsker, Apr 22, 2023
  3. Laptop dies without power supply even tho battery says it has charge

Laptop battery says 100% but dies when unplugged 107938d1485973461t-laptop-dies-without-power-supply-even-tho-battery-says-has-charge-untitled.jpg
    My laptop (HP 15 Notebook PC) won't boot unless it is plugged in even though the battery apparently has charge. (It won't charge past 73% also?) If I unplug the power supply it will die instantly. This started happening yesterday after I installed the latest windows 10 update and I just wanted to see if It is software thing before I go and buy a new battery, any help appreciated thanks.

JosephCook, Apr 22, 2023
  4. Juntao Win User

Laptop battery issue

Hey everyone! I have an old dell laptop with a pentium 2 and 64MB of ram. Real powerful(lol). It is running 98. The old battery had died and purchased a generic replacement supposedly for that model. The numbers match and all. The problem is the notebook will not recognize the battery. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. It is just for notes and stuff.

Juntao, Apr 22, 2023
Thema:

1. Laptop battery says 100% but dies when unplugged - Similar Threads - Laptop battery says

2. Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged: Windows 11 task bar icons shows 100% charge. I did confirm this by generating battery report, it too showed 100% charge.But when I unplug the charge the laptop dies.The battery was replaced 1 and 1/2 months back. Before that I had a dead battery, I was using laptop plugged....
  3. Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged: Windows 11 task bar icons shows 100% charge. I did confirm this by generating battery report, it too showed 100% charge.But when I unplug the charge the laptop dies.The battery was replaced 1 and 1/2 months back. Before that I had a dead battery, I was using laptop plugged....
  4. Battery fully charged but when I unplug the charger it died

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery fully charged but when I unplug the charger it died: Recently my laptop suddenly died and thought that my laptop just died because of low battery..But when I turn on the laptop suddenly my laptop is fully charged..I tried to unplug the charger and my laptop suddenly died eventhough it say that the laptop is fully charged..I...
  5. Laptop Battery died at 20%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Battery died at 20%: I've had the laptop for maybe 9 months. Today i had 20% battery life left and when it popped up that the battery was low and in battery saver mode, it then immediately went to 0% and shut off, why would it do this? how can i fix it or keep it from happening again?...
  6. Acer laptop does not power on when unplugged (battery tests say ok)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer laptop does not power on when unplugged (battery tests say ok): I'm not even sure this is the right place to post this but I've been evertywhere including acer support community and they didn't get me anywhere. I have an Acer Aspire E5-774G-52W1 from late 2016 running windows 10 20h2 and over the past few months I have noticed it doesn't...
  7. Laptop goes sleeping when on 100% battery and charging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop goes sleeping when on 100% battery and charging: It only occurs when the Laptop is on 100% battery and charging (connected to power source). The Power-LED flashes in yellow color (5 fast flashes). After the LED-flashing, for half a second there is a Windows-Screen stating "Locking". After that the PC goes into sleep mode (I...
  8. Laptop goes sleeping when on 100% battery and charging

Laptop goes sleeping when on 100% battery and charging: It only occurs when the Laptop is on 100% battery and charging connected to power source. The Power-LED flashes in yellow color 5 fast flashes. After the LED-flashing, for half a second there is a Windows-Screen stating "Locking". After that the PC goes into sleep mode I can...
  9. Laptop battery dies unexpectedly even when at a 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop battery dies unexpectedly even when at a 100%: My monitor doesn't turn on when I close my lid even when my back-lit keyboard is on proving its awake unless I hard shutdown, and sometimes when that happens my battery level jumps to 0 when i turn it back on. This always happens even when I close the lid for a few minutes. I...
  10. HP Laptop turns off when I unplug it from the charger, though the Battery is at 100% also...

HP Laptop turns off when I unplug it from the charger, though the Battery is at 100% also...: My HP laptop with Windows 10 shuts off the momemt I unplug the charger. Searching the net, a few articles told me about adaptive brightness and it's relation to this. That reminded me that my adaptive brightness also stopped functioning, though I'm not really sure when. It...