Windows 10: Laptop become unResponsive After switching from AC to DC

Discus and support Laptop become unResponsive After switching from AC to DC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hello everyone i wish i find solution for my issue I play games with my laptop .. and i always keep it plugged to the power .. but once power goes off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hamadax97, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Laptop become unResponsive After switching from AC to DC

hello everyone i wish i find solution for my issue

I play games with my laptop .. and i always keep it plugged to the power .. but once power goes off

the operation system become unresponsive and the game runs 1 FPS .. until they power come backs!!

why this happens? i want also to mention that i did not have the problem when i was on windows 7.

submitted by /u/hamadax97
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hamadax97, Sep 12, 2020

2. ASUS Laptop Battery Keeps Switching from AC to DC mode

I have an ASUS X450J laptop with Windows 10 and Li-ion battery 15V, 2950mAh, 44Wh. My problem is whenever I charge the laptop, it keeps switching between "Plugged In" and "On Battery" rapidly. It sometimes charges the laptop normally, but sometimes it keeps switching from AC to DC mode and the other way around for a couple of minutes, especially when a lot of tasks are running simultaneously (high power consumption).

I don't think it's my charger or battery problem because I've tried replacing both of them but this still happening. Any idea would be highly appreciated.

Michael O. Y., Sep 12, 2020
  3. April 2018 issue with de AC/DC adapter

After the april update my ac/dc adapter stop working. The pc said it was plugged in bub it was discharging. Now the computer is utterly discharged and it doesn't recognize the ac/dc adapter.

Jay Meneses, Sep 12, 2020
  4. MN12BIRD Win User

Laptop become unResponsive After switching from AC to DC

AC/DC Adaptor for external hardware

switching power supply means it uses transistors to switch the AC power on and off REALLY fast to emulate DC power. It has to do with the internal design of a power supply not really like a "switch" in the way you might think of it. Most PC power supplies are switching but I think a few high end ones use some different designs.

Make sure the type of power is correct. AC or DC. If DC make sure the polarity is correct. Pos to Pos of course! The amperage can be as high as it wants. It needs to be at least what the device drawing the power needs but it can always be more. Just as long as it's not less. Like a few people said the device only pulls what it needs from the supply. The supply can have 80 Amps available and yet a device might only pull .5 Amps when it needs it.

The fact something fried when you had a PSU with .25 Amps too much might have just been a coincidence.

MN12BIRD, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Laptop become unResponsive After switching from AC to DC

1. Laptop become unResponsive After switching from AC to DC - Similar Threads - Laptop become unResponsive

2. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  3. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  4. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  5. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive: Hello everyone, I'm just looking for some help / tips for my laptop. It's an Acer Aspire E5-575 that was purchased a couple years ago too old to update to Windows 11. I get that this computer is getting on the older side, but this is an issue I've been having for a long time...
  6. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive: Hello everyone, I'm just looking for some help / tips for my laptop. It's an Acer Aspire E5-575 that was purchased a couple years ago too old to update to Windows 11. I get that this computer is getting on the older side, but this is an issue I've been having for a long time...
  7. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. The laptop has lag when AC / DC is connected.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The laptop has lag when AC / DC is connected.: Hello everyone!My name is Marian and I recently bought a "Dell Precision M4600" laptop. I recently discovered that when the laptop is plugged in I lag, in games and in general. When I disconnect it, everything goes normally. I tried to update all the drivers, I also changed...
  9. Applications becoming unresponsive

Applications becoming unresponsive: I purchased a Dell i7-Gen 8 laptop over a year ago and moved my applications from my old laptop, including two database applications: Family Tree Maker 2019 and Microsoft Money 2007. Both programs worked flawlessly until an update in early September 2020. Since then, I am...
  10. ModernUI becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    ModernUI becomes unresponsive: Gaming PC, usual response after gaming for 1 hour or more. Can't click on Start tile, no apps will launch (Mail, Edge, etc.) can double-click program icons to run Windows applications. Usually fix by CTRL/ALT/DEL, log out then restart. Win10 16299.192 GeForce 390.65...