Windows 10: Laptop Begins Lagging When Set To Display Only On Second Monitor

Discus and support Laptop Begins Lagging When Set To Display Only On Second Monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use a laptop for all of my work, and I plug it into a monitor on my desk with an HDMI cable. When the display settings are set to "Extend these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JakeM_42, Sep 6, 2021.

1. JakeM_42 Win User

Laptop Begins Lagging When Set To Display Only On Second Monitor

I use a laptop for all of my work, and I plug it into a monitor on my desk with an HDMI cable. When the display settings are set to "Extend these displays", everything is fine. However since I have an OLED laptop screen, when it's docked I want to set it to display only on the second monitor, my main desk monitor, because I am not using the screen on my laptop when it is docked. However as soon as I change the settings in my display settings to "Show only on 2", the screen starts lagging a lot. The mouse lags, video playing lags, its essentially unusable, like 10 fps or something like that. Bu

:)

JakeM_42, Sep 6, 2021

2. Second Monitor Lag

Hey. My second monitor has enormous amounts of lag when connected. I use Windows 10, my second monitor is 1920x1080, while my original monitor where the DVD recorder is located is 1600x900. It lags on the 1080p monitor, while the default monitor works flawlessly.

How do I troubleshoot this?

Shima Xinkai, Sep 6, 2021
  3. Second Monitor

I connected a monitor to my Inspiron Laptop. The second monitor displays the same info as the lap top. When I go to settings it will not detect the monitor. I have upgraded all the drivers. Any suggestions?

cdbbroyles, Sep 6, 2021
  4. Laptop Begins Lagging When Set To Display Only On Second Monitor

Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 6, 2021
Thema:

Laptop Begins Lagging When Set To Display Only On Second Monitor

1. Laptop Begins Lagging When Set To Display Only On Second Monitor - Similar Threads - Laptop Begins Lagging

2. Monitor opening programs in second display when unlocked, and already on PC only setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor opening programs in second display when unlocked, and already on PC only setting: Hello, My PC is an asus zenbook. I use it with a second display when I am at my desk, but when I am undockedit is still opening applications in the other screen. I have tried the Windows key and P to switch to "PC screen only", which has not resolved the issue. The computer...
  3. Monitor opening programs in second display when unlocked, and already on PC only setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor opening programs in second display when unlocked, and already on PC only setting: Hello, My PC is an asus zenbook. I use it with a second display when I am at my desk, but when I am undockedit is still opening applications in the other screen. I have tried the Windows key and P to switch to "PC screen only", which has not resolved the issue. The computer...
  4. Laptop lags only when external monitor is set as main display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop lags only when external monitor is set as main display: I know it's been fixed in Windows 11, but 11 has other problems and I don't like the look of it. The only solution is to reboot the laptop while the monitor is connected, which is annoying. Does this problem occur in Windows 7 ? I tried setting the preferred gpu in nvidia...
  5. Second Monitor does not display on boot from Shutdown. Second monitor is only displayed on...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Second Monitor does not display on boot from Shutdown. Second monitor is only displayed on...: This just started happening recently after I updated Windows and my graphics driver. When I shutdown the computer and turn it back on, I am not able to see the display on my second monitor. But with only one monitor working, if I click restart, the computer reboots and now...
  6. Display Settings for Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display Settings for Second Monitor: Display setting is not working for my second monitor since installing Windows 10 on my PC. It does not allow me to set up second monitor, please help. Have check driver set up, still not working....
  7. [Monitor] Second Monitor Lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Monitor] Second Monitor Lagging: Good Morning Everyone; I've recently run into an issue after this past Tuesday's Win10 update (Running Win10 build 1903 as of October-2019). I've got two monitors, both NEC AccuSync LCD93VX (one runs direct VGA to vid-card, the other runs a DVI-bypass through a StarTech...
  8. second laptop for display monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    second laptop for display monitor: Won't detect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-laptop-for-display-monitor/744493e6-624f-456e-8663-0dfc47c6b535
  9. Second Monitor Lag

Second Monitor Lag: Hey. My second monitor has enormous amounts of lag when connected. I use Windows 10, my second monitor is 1920x1080, while my original monitor where the DVD recorder is located is 1600x900. It lags on the 1080p monitor, while the default monitor works flawlessly. How do I...
  10. The second monitor is lagging

The second monitor is lagging: I plugged in a second monitor via a docking station and encountered an issue connected with short term slowdowns with a mouse cursor on this second monitor. It looks like the signal goes long from a remote device. I performed some troubleshooting such as updated Windows...