Windows 10: Laptop behaving stragely on Battery

Discus and support Laptop behaving stragely on Battery in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys. I have an acer v5 552 pg, basically an older laptop but It serves me okay, and works fast paired with a decent 240gb ssd so its a keeper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Marko1401, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Marko1401 Win User

Laptop behaving stragely on Battery

Hi guys.

I have an acer v5 552 pg, basically an older laptop but It serves me okay, and works fast paired with a decent 240gb ssd so its a keeper for now.
    There is win10 on it, of course.

Lately I have noticed some weird and strange behavior which I may want to discuss with you guys, is there a HW expert around?

So I've noticed slowdowns, real slowdowns when the laptop operates on battery power. SFC reports ok, all disk checks report error free and memory is good.

Possible motherboard failure? As in an inflated condensator?

Can you guys point me out to some hardware settings I can go through or some software/hardware debuggers so I can be sure before I turn it in for repairs?

Btw, I'm techy - so when I say sluggish behavior that means that at 5-6 instances, juggling a movie and an email program was a huge issue for the laptop, something that does not happen when on AC power as in - at all. There are even sometimes compilers running without problems along with other stuff....Laptop behaving stragely on Battery :)

Any directions?

A big thanks!

:)

Marko1401, Aug 21, 2017
  2. toxaris Win User

N96 Battery / Charge Problem

Isnt that the way you do to "reset" battery if the battery have shown strage behavours?

toxaris, Aug 21, 2017
  3. Ralf_G Win User
    "This battery is not available for use" error message on using HID UPS battery on Windows 10.

Try installing the UPS maker's battery management software. The way Win10 behaves it almost seems as if some UPS's are detected as internal computer batteries, as in laptops.

Ralf_G, Aug 21, 2017
  4. Helmut Win User

Hi,
    I would look in the in the Power Options. There is a whole array of settings in there relating to being on battery or mains power.
    Consider calibrating the battery as well, capacity drops over time and thus the accuracy of values set in the Power Options.

Helmut, Aug 22, 2017
  5. Marko1401 Win User
    Thank you.
    How do I calibrate the battery then?

Is there a specific setting you may have in mind? The CPU is set to 5% minimum and 100% maximum, that's the first one I had in mind related. Missing something?

Marko1401, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop behaving stragely on Battery - Similar Threads - Laptop behaving stragely

2. Laptop behaving kinda weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop behaving kinda weird: Hello everyone.So i've been Experiencing this problem since the past like couple of days i was using my laptop and all of a sudden i got UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION Bsod then the laptop restarted but it was really really slowed down and after i opened something it just froze...
  3. Laptop battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop battery: Laptop battery only 86% when plugged in. Used to be 100. What is wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery/a0a18d7b-13cd-4e7d-842a-ae4870c4bf48
  4. Laptop battery

Laptop battery: Hello. I have a question that bothers me.Recently my laptop battery was dead and it won't charge because it has come to the end of its capability to hold the charges.So I bought a new battery and it is the correct battery for my laptop...
  5. Laptop Battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Battery: Hello. I have a question about laptop battery. I encountered this battery when issue when i was charging the laptop . At first when i was charging the laptop it seemed ok but over few seconds the battery icon showed that it was not connected and was not charging . It seemed...
  6. laptop battery

laptop battery: Give me a genuine answer, is windows 10 has some negative affect on laptop battery? As i have upgraded my W8.1 pro to W10, and i found that the battery life started reducing....
  7. laptop not behaving as power > battery settings mean it should

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop not behaving as power > battery settings mean it should: W10 Pro V 1903 OS build 18362.720 I have my power > battery settings set up as: low battery level - 20% with notifications turned on critical battery level - 10% also with notifications turned on see attached screenshots BUT, if I'm on battery the only notification I get...
  8. Very strage situation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Very strage situation.: Hey! So I have a situation with my laptop that I can't really find a way to fix. So my laptop has switched to password mode out of no where, and I forgot my password and I only know my pin. So I click "forgot password", but it says it will not work without internet, and for...
  9. Laptop battery

Laptop battery: Why will my laptop battery charge up when it is plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery/2aef5dc2-9261-4903-a085-7fb0d15289b9
  10. Laptop battery

Laptop battery: HP Laptop plugged in but not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery/e00eb5c1-1515-499b-8fe1-95364a47b4e2