Windows 10: Laptop bios dot not detect bootable USB(win10) - Tried everything ..

Discus and support Laptop bios dot not detect bootable USB(win10) - Tried everything .. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The USB works on other computers and is detectable by their bios - it also is detected by the OS of the laptop, but not on BIOS. I have tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by easylifer, Mar 7, 2021.

1. easylifer Win User

Laptop bios dot not detect bootable USB(win10) - Tried everything ..

The USB works on other computers and is detectable by their bios - it also is detected by the OS of the laptop, but not on BIOS. I have tried the following:

1. Made another bootable with rufus in GPT partition, both GPT and MBR don't work .
    2. Disabled Safe Boot
    3. Tried with Legacy Boot
    Nothing works and I do not understand why. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

easylifer, Mar 7, 2021
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Mar 7, 2021
  3. JJP.1 Win User
    How to create bootable win10 for BIOS??????

I am using Rufus for creating a bootable win10.

But, I have BIOS PC.

But, Rufus is creating bootable USB for UEFI only.

I can't create win10 bootable USB for my BIOS.

Also, which partition scheme and file system should I choose?????

I attached a picture of this.

Laptop bios dot not detect bootable USB(win10) - Tried everything .. [​IMG]

Please help me, how to create bootable win10 USB for BIOS???????

JJP.1, Mar 7, 2021
  4. JJP.1 Win User

How to create bootable win10 for BIOS??????

There is no media creation tool available for win10 1809 version.

So, I can't use media creation tool.

Can you give me link for 1809 media creation tool if available????

JJP.1, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop bios dot not detect bootable USB(win10) - Tried everything .. - Similar Threads - Laptop bios dot

2. Bootable installation media not detected in BIOS ASUS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable installation media not detected in BIOS ASUS: Hi, I have an old ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TP401MAR from 2021 that came with Windows 10. I want to sell it to get an Android tablet. But since I installed ChromeOS Flex on I had to reinstall Windows 11 via the BIOS. But when I use my Rufus Created USB Flash Drive with UEFI...
  3. Bootable installation media not detected in BIOS ASUS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable installation media not detected in BIOS ASUS: Hi, I have an old ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TP401MAR from 2021 that came with Windows 10. I want to sell it to get an Android tablet. But since I installed ChromeOS Flex on I had to reinstall Windows 11 via the BIOS. But when I use my Rufus Created USB Flash Drive with UEFI...
  4. bootable usb cannot be detected on my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bootable usb cannot be detected on my laptop: Hi, I was trying to upgrade my laptop's old hdd to a new ssd after installing the new ssd I made a bootable usb using the media creation tool with another pc but it seems like my laptop won't boot to the usb, I tried enabling the legacy support and made the usb the first...
  5. Windows bootable usb not showing in bios

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows bootable usb not showing in bios: This is my first time installing windows 10 and when i check the boot manager there are three options:1.From my hardrive 2.Usb pendriveUEFI3.From a EFI fileShould i boot from the second option?Also iam using usb 3.1...
  6. Win10 Bootable USB installation question

Win10 Bootable USB installation question: A while back ago I created a Windows 10 USB Bootable stick using the Media Creation Tool. How can I find out which version and build number I have on my USB bootable stick? I am guessing it is 20H2, but I really prefer to double check it. Is there a command to check this...
  7. Bootable USB detection issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bootable USB detection issues: I own a Micromax Canvas Laptab LT666W currently running Windows 10 20H2. The touchscreen and audio device has stopped working (not due to hardware issues to the best of my knowledge), so I am trying to do a fresh OS install using a bootable USB drive. I tried the following...
  8. How to create bootable win10 for BIOS??????

How to create bootable win10 for BIOS??????: I am using Rufus for creating a bootable win10. But, I have BIOS PC. But, Rufus is creating bootable USB for UEFI only. I can't create win10 bootable USB for my BIOS. Also, which partition scheme and file system should I choose????? I attached a picture of this....
  9. Win10 not seeing bootable USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 not seeing bootable USB: Hi, I've added a Linux live disk (ISO) to a USB drive using Rufus & changed the UEFI so all the USB boot options are the preferred ones. My laptop still does not see the USB during boot (also the light on the USB drive stays off as if it's receiving no power). Any...
  10. SSD not detected in Win10 install but is detected in bios

SSD not detected in Win10 install but is detected in bios: Hi all, This is my first build and I am so close yet it feels so far away. I'm at the final step of installing Windows 10 onto my PC I have a bootable USB drive connected and everything goes smoothly until I have to select a hard drive! I have a Mushkin Enhanced Reactor...