Windows 10: Laptop Bitlocker Enabled No Admin Password

Discus and support Laptop Bitlocker Enabled No Admin Password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop with Bitlocker enabled, I have no Admin password. I do NOT need the date on the hard drive. 1. How do I format the hard drive 2. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MJL6514, Aug 6, 2019.

1. MJL6514 Win User

Laptop Bitlocker Enabled No Admin Password

I have a laptop with Bitlocker enabled, I have no Admin password. I do NOT need the date on the hard drive.

1. How do I format the hard drive

2. Can I just replace the hard drive/SSD and proceed as 'normal'

Thanks

MJL6514

:)

MJL6514, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 6, 2019
  3. UEFI Admin Password needed if BitLocker is enabled?

Just a quick question. I have enabled BitLocker with TPM-Only protector and was just wondering if I need to set an Admin BIOS/UEFI password to prevent someone from changing the UEFI settings. I also have Secure Boot enabled as well along with the following BitLocker protection policies below.

In my UEFI boot settings, I have Windows Boot Mannager and then my Internal HDD as the boot order.
    Boot from external media is enabled, because I tend to reinstall Windows from my Windows 10 bootable USB flash drive.

With all these below BitLocker settings and policies, do I really need to set an Admin or Supervisor password to prevent an attacker from changing the UEFI settings in case the laptop gets stolen?

My current BitLocker protection settings from the Windows 10 v1803 Security Baseline.

Disable new DMA devices when this computer is locked:
    Enabled

Allow Secure Boot for integrity validation:
    Enabled

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-reduce-1394-d

Prevent installation of devices that match any of these device IDs
    PCI\CC_0C0A

Prevent installation of devices using drivers for these device setup classes:
    {d48179be-ec20-11d1-b6b8-00c04fa372a7}

win10freak, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Laptop Bitlocker Enabled No Admin Password

why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Bitlocker Enabled No Admin Password

1. Laptop Bitlocker Enabled No Admin Password - Similar Threads - Laptop Bitlocker Enabled

2. Enabled admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabled admin rights: I have a ssd and had I my pc and I wanted to move files from the ssd to hdd I looked it up and turns out I needed to enable all admim right, so that I did but after following the steps I restarted my pc and when I opened it, a other user pops up and I need to put my user and...
  3. Used laptop with admin password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Used laptop with admin password: [ATTACH] i cant figure out what this. It has ameriacan megatronics running in it. The man had recently been released from prison. Its all i know of him. I failed to get the password. now i cant do anything with it. Can someone explain how i can remove paswords? preferably...
  4. Laptop says incorrect password but password never enabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop says incorrect password but password never enabled: I updated windows last night. Now whenever i turn on the computer I get my picture, my name and an error that says ‘the password is incorrect. Try again’ It is a local user that has never had a password enabled on it. It doesnt allow me to enter a password either. I just...
  5. Admin password + bitlocker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin password + bitlocker: Hello, I wanted to install Linux (with a usb key) but it asks me for an administrator password. I tried recovery sites but it doesn't work. The computer is completely blocked with additional bitlocker encryption. My question is: is there a way to erase everything? I could...
  6. Laptop recovery with no admin password and encrypted bitlocker drive with no recoevery key.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop recovery with no admin password and encrypted bitlocker drive with no recoevery key.: A disgruntled former employee gave himself full admin rights on his work laptop (Dell Latitude), disabled other user accounts, and encrypted C Drive with BitLocker. No passwords or recovery keys are known. I am so far unable to do anything on laptop without admin password...
  7. UEFI Admin Password needed if BitLocker is enabled?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UEFI Admin Password needed if BitLocker is enabled?: Just a quick question. I have enabled BitLocker with TPM-Only protector and was just wondering if I need to set an Admin BIOS/UEFI password to prevent someone from changing the UEFI settings. I also have Secure Boot enabled as well along with the following BitLocker...
  8. Bitlocker Not Enabling

Bitlocker Not Enabling: I just started up Bitlocker, and completed most of the process, but the program ever got around to encrypting. I assume this is due to system administrator lock-out, but I've confirmed I have sys admin privileges. This is a brand-new computer without a network. Attached is...
  9. Enabling BitLocker

Enabling BitLocker: On my personal laptop, I'm trying to turn on BitLocker and I get this notice. Does anyone know and have any detailed instructions on how I can do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/enabling-bitlocker/5ff617a2-e9da-44ea-827f-131e28056882"
  10. Enabling Bitlocker with GPO

Enabling Bitlocker with GPO: Once the GPO for BitLocker's settings have been configured and assigned do I still need to manually enable Bitlocker on the specific device or should the GPO kick off the process automatically? 95742