Windows 10: Laptop black (grey) screen no beep

Discus and support Laptop black (grey) screen no beep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So when I tried week ago to turn on my laptop in the morning, at first it show black screen (without beep. LED's are on). Only when I restarted laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mikuś007, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Mikuś007 Win User

Laptop black (grey) screen no beep

So when I tried week ago to turn on my laptop in the morning, at first it show black screen (without beep. LED's are on). Only when I restarted laptop it finally turned on. It was the second day something like this happened. My laptop has been working great since this time, but today again I had same problem. Can anyony help? Thanks

:)

Mikuś007, Jul 17, 2018
  2. JDavila05 Win User

Black screen &a beeping noice.

My screen is black & beeping as soon as I turn on my laptop.

JDavila05, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Zebeon Win User
    Laptop help!!! Not posting, no beeps just black screen w/fans running

I have 2 different client laptops that have the same problem.
    (Sorry mods if this is in the wrong section-)

One is a hp dv6000 series
    other is a Gateway- unsure of model at the moment-

anyways-

Both will power up with all fans and lights, but nothing else-
    No Bios, no post, no beeps, just a black screen?

I have tried plugging in an external monitor with no luck.
    I am thinking the board is prob bad.... but would like to know for sure.

Any suggestions on what to try? *Confused Laptop black (grey) screen no beep :confused:

Thanks

Zebeon, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop black (grey) screen no beep - Similar Threads - Laptop black grey

2. Grey screen with black lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen with black lines: Recently, after I was done playing a game some odd black and grey lines had started to appear on my screen. I turned the pc off and back on again, and the problem still continued, in the very view times I had been able to boot back up, the only thing I was able to really do...
  3. Grey screen with black lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen with black lines: Recently, after I was done playing a game some odd black and grey lines had started to appear on my screen. I turned the pc off and back on again, and the problem still continued, in the very view times I had been able to boot back up, the only thing I was able to really do...
  4. black screen and beeping

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    black screen and beeping: I see a black screen and when I click my mouse it beeps. Help Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-and-beeping/2003b371-ce4f-4400-9a72-fe4e4291dd66
  5. Dell laptop beeps 8 times and black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell laptop beeps 8 times and black screen: When I turn on the laptop it starts beeping 8 times and the screen is black and so on forever. I’ve tried many tricks to fix it but it can’t. Can someone please help me? Dell Inspiron 5558...
  6. My laptop beeps 8 times and screen is black.

My laptop beeps 8 times and screen is black.: So my laptopDell 5558 is beeping 8 times and stops then again and i see nothing, just black. So i connected it to tv with tv on hdmi and it was not beeping and i saw boot. Then i got in msconfig and i turned safe boot minimun. After that i dont see share screen on tv via hdmi...
  7. black screen and beeps on failed startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen and beeps on failed startup: computer worked yesterday now on power on get black screen and beeps on failed startup. two short one long beep. Repeats this a couple times and then rapid series of beeps. wireless light lit and hard drive blinks. Tried this several times. HELP!!!...
  8. black & grey screen windows 10 microsoft laptop

black & grey screen windows 10 microsoft laptop: how to fix black screen windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-grey-screen-windows-10-microsoft-laptop/e9297a30-7670-4860-b0b3-62a541963208
  9. PC Boots - 2 Beeps - Black Screen

PC Boots - 2 Beeps - Black Screen: My PC was rebooting Modem & Router when it was accidentally turned off. Boots to black screen with two fast beeps & continued to beep twice every 2 min. MS-7696 Motherboard. 2 beeps = parity problem. 117303
  10. PC black/grey screens then restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    PC black/grey screens then restarts: Hey all So the last 2 days on 3 separate occasions my computer has crashed and restarted, when it happens my screens (2) either turn black or a random colour (light greyish on 2 of 3 occasions). All 3 times have happened whilst I have been watching netflix, in-between...