Windows 10: Laptop black screen after installing windows 10

Discus and support Laptop black screen after installing windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have an issue with my computer which I cannot seem to figure out. My laptop has been working fine for a long time, yesterday I decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ComputerDudeYE, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Laptop black screen after installing windows 10

Hello, I have an issue with my computer which I cannot seem to figure out.

My laptop has been working fine for a long time, yesterday I decided to do a fresh install of Windows 10 just because I felt like doing it. All seemed fine until the installation was done, and Windows did the restart countdown. I held down the power key as to be able to pull out the installation USB. Then when I turned my computer on again, the screen was completely black. No bios, no logo, just black. After a few seconds, the laptop turns itself off. This happens everytime I try to turn on my PC.

Since I am unable to even reach BIOS, I just have no clue what to do. I tried plugging the USB in again but it made no difference.

I have tried doing a battery power drain, plugging out thr battery and just running on the eletric cable. I also removed all RAM slots and tried them in different positions. The only difference that made is that the computer didn't turn itself off anymore, but the screen was still just black.

What could have caused this, and is there anyway to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

:)

ComputerDudeYE, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Laptop black screen after installing windows 10

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Laptop black screen after installing windows 10

1. Laptop black screen after installing windows 10 - Similar Threads - Laptop black screen

2. Black Screen after Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen after Install: Good day. Here I am thinking I was clever to do a freah install of windows to get rid of junk. To start, here is my system:MSI B550M Mortar MoBoRyzen 5 5600X CPUGTX970 4gb GPU old faithfulKingston 512 m.22 x 8GB DDR4 2666 Ram only one currently installed in A2So, I did a...
  3. Black screen after clean windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after clean windows 10 installation: Im installing an SSD on my dads old dell pc. But Im getting a black screen after install and restart. What should I do? Steps taken: 1.Boot to bios and change 1st boot order to usb thumb drive 2.boot from thumb drive and install windows 10 pro 3.after installation...
  4. Black screen after installation

Black screen after installation: So, this problem has arisen since the release of version 1703. My computer immediately after installing this update showed a black screen with no cursor and no ability to call any program. I tried to clean install with formatting the entire disk, did not help. I reread all...
  5. No boot or black screen after installing windows 10

No boot or black screen after installing windows 10: Hi Again , my name is alex [15 age] i solved the last issue but after installing windows 10 on laptop its black screen or no boot i think. When i power on the laptop nothing happend, i can hear the cooler but its only black screen , i can t go to bios or something like...
  6. After installing Windows 10, screen went black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After installing Windows 10, screen went black: After installing Windows 10 the screen of my PC went black. I can only use the Safe Mode and don’t know how to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-windows-10-screen-went-black/2246d081-5477-47fe-af9e-2de8ff0cefd4
  7. Windows black screen after installing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows black screen after installing: I installed windows 10 x64 and after loading the desktop, the screen blacked out. I can only boot through safe mode and I've looked throght many forums but nothing seems to work. Please help!...
  8. Black screen after starting laptop (window 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after starting laptop (window 10): I have a ASUS N53S and after having upgraded to windows 10, I came across a few issues. The update when well and windows 10 is working on my laptop, however, I have an issue where I am presented with a black screen when i start my computer. I do see a ASUS screen and a...
  9. Black screen after windows 10 install.

Black screen after windows 10 install.: My laptop Acer Aspire 5750-6831 worked perfectly for about two years with windows 7 64 bit, and after migrating to Windows 10, now presents the following problem: Only the blue LED of utility power and the fan turn on. Nothing else works even keyboard or mouse - the screen...
  10. After installing windows 10 10046 it black screens

After installing windows 10 10046 it black screens: Ayer waiting 4 hours for windows 10 to 'set up' it black screens i waited another 1 hour then shut down and start it back up again, it goes through the installation recovery repair then black screens 5113