Windows 10: Laptop Black Screen Charger Glitch

Discus and support Laptop Black Screen Charger Glitch in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So whenever I unplug my laptop, it goes dark. Then when I plug it back in, it goes blank. I found a solution but it got annoying after 10 times of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Adi Ramjas, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Laptop Black Screen Charger Glitch

So whenever I unplug my laptop, it goes dark. Then when I plug it back in, it goes blank. I found a solution but it got annoying after 10 times of the method I came up with. Does anyone know a permanent solution?

:)

Adi Ramjas, Dec 31, 2019
  2. John Ado Win User

black screen when charger is plugged in

Hi Kenneth,

Tell us more about the issue. Answer the following:

• Does it mean that if you pull out the charger, you can get a regular screen?
    • Can you describe the black screen? Is it like as if it doesn't have any power or is it booted but not showing anything at all?
    • Have you checked if the laptop was just drained of its power?
    • Have you tried leaving the laptop on charge? Were you able to turn it on?

We look forward to your response.

John Ado, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 31, 2019
  4. IanReyn Win User

Laptop Black Screen Charger Glitch

Black Screen when Laptop charger is plugged in.

One night, I downloaded the Windows 10 update. Note that I downloaded the update with my laptop unplugged. The next day, I try to use my laptop only to find that when I plugged in the charger, the screen went black, black as in as if it had turned off. I
    unplugged my charger, and it worked fine. So every time I plug in my charger the screen blacks. I already tried to change my power plan, and it worked yesterday, but all of the sudden it didn't work today.

I have an ACER Aspire E 15

EDIT: I just ran an SFC Scan, will edit again if problem fixes.

IanReyn, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Black Screen Charger Glitch

1. Laptop Black Screen Charger Glitch - Similar Threads - Laptop Black Screen

2. Laptop screen glitching and then going completely black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen glitching and then going completely black: hey, my laptop screen will go black whenever I connect to WiFi, I use windows 10 and recently factory reseted my laptop, although this did happen before the factory reset too, I’d love it if someone knew what was going on with it....
  3. Laptop screen glitching and then going completely black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen glitching and then going completely black: hey, my laptop screen will go black whenever I connect to WiFi, I use windows 10 and recently factory reseted my laptop, although this did happen before the factory reset too, I’d love it if someone knew what was going on with it....
  4. Laptop screen glitching and then going completely black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black Screen when Laptop charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen when Laptop charger is plugged in.: I have an Asus TUF A15One day i'm reseting my Laptop using method reset PC I'm using Windows 11, after that when i want some game, and pluged in my laptop, suddenly my laptop goes black screen, not 100% black just cover 80% off the screen and the rest of it still working....
  6. Black Screen when Laptop charger is plugged in.

Black Screen when Laptop charger is plugged in.: I have an Asus TUF A15One day i'm reseting my Laptop using method reset PC I'm using Windows 11, after that when i want some game, and pluged in my laptop, suddenly my laptop goes black screen, not 100% black just cover 80% off the screen and the rest of it still working....
  7. Black screen when charger is plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when charger is plugged: Black screen when charger is plugged Hi. I have recently bought a laptop - ASUS TUF Gaming F15. I don't know if it was like that since the first time I bought it, but whenever I plug the charger, the screen temporarily turns black and then goes back to normal....
  8. Black screen when charger is plugged

Black screen when charger is plugged: Black screen when charger is plugged Hi. I have recently bought a laptop - ASUS TUF Gaming F15. I don't know if it was like that since the first time I bought it, but whenever I plug the charger, the screen temporarily turns black and then goes back to normal....
  9. Black screen when charger is plugged

Black screen when charger is plugged: Hi. I have recently bought a laptop - ASUS TUF Gaming F15. I don't know if it was like that since the first time I bought it, but whenever I plug the charger, the screen temporarily turns black and then goes back to normal.What can I do to stop it from turning black, or is it...
  10. Screen glitch and Black screen

Screen glitch and Black screen: I was recently using Google Chrome on a computer running Windows 10 when a notification popped up informing me of a graphical error. Then the next day, just after logging on, a few graphical glitches appeared and the whole screen went black. The glitches kept appearing and...