Windows 10: Laptop black screen with cursor before login

Discus and support Laptop black screen with cursor before login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, My laptop is running Windows 10 and I believe has tried to do an automatic update. I can now not get to the login screen as I just have black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wattsamu, Apr 23, 2020.

1. wattsamu Win User

Laptop black screen with cursor before login

Hi All,

My laptop is running Windows 10 and I believe has tried to do an automatic update.

I can now not get to the login screen as I just have black screen, although I can see the cursor.

I have tried to boot in safe mode and have the same issue.

I have tried to reset the laptop to the last available reset point and have the same issue.

I have tried a factory reset but keeping files and have had no luck.

I have not tried a complete wipe as I do not want to lose files.

Any ideas?

Sam

:)

wattsamu, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Mojo212 Win User

Black screen no cursor or login

My Samsung laptop is technically switched on in the sense that it has power, however when I switch it on there is no login screen, no screen with the samsung logo, and no cursor. No matter how many buttons I press or how often I switch it on and off, it remains the same - black, power but nothing else. Any advice?

Mojo212, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Black Spinning Circle with Cursor Pointer Before Login screen

I am in Windows 10 14393.2046 Build and during Boot I am Experiencing Black screen with a cursor and spinning circle ,having updated my Graphics Card Drivers Up to Date and Windows 10 1607 Cumulative Updates too.Since i didnt have any startup issues in
    Windows 8.1 ,10240 as well as 10586 builds and i performed all troubleshooting steps and annoyed me.I can say that it is a windows issue and you have to sort it out ,only problem is

• Windows Logo Spinning Circle
    • Black Screen spinning Circle
    • Login

sasikumar4395, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Laptop black screen with cursor before login

Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Cyril Robinson AzariahJ, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Laptop black screen with cursor before login

1. Laptop black screen with cursor before login - Similar Threads - Laptop black screen

2. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello this morning I woke up to my pc booting into a black screen with only a cursor and nothing else.I have tried the tutorials on how to fix it but they need access to the task manager which doesn't come up for me...
  3. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello this morning I woke up to my pc booting into a black screen with only a cursor and nothing else.I have tried the tutorials on how to fix it but they need access to the task manager which doesn't come up for me...
  4. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen with cursor before login

Black screen with cursor before login: Hi ,When the computer boots up, before login there is a black screen with the cursor and it goes no further. I couldn't boot into safe mode due to a logonui.exe stack error. Other options explored such as resetting the PC did nothing.Thanks for reading, any ideas are greatly...
  6. Black screen with cursor before login

Black screen with cursor before login: Hello, I can't login to my laptop when i boot i end up with a black screen with cursor. I've tried everything from ctrl+alt+del and ctrl+shift+esc but nothing happened. Please help me, please...
  7. Black screen with cursor before login.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor before login.: When powering on my laptop it only shows a black screen with the cursor after the logo. Ctrl+shift+esc as well as ctrl+alt+del does not do anything. Help please. submitted by /u/Van_3 [link] [comments]...
  8. Black Screen with cursor before login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen with cursor before login screen: Title. Every time I boot up my pc, it begins with the motherboard loading screen thing as normal and then into a black screen with only my cursor visible. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn’t do anything so I don’t know what else to try. Manually shutting down my pc by holding the power...
  9. Black screen and cursor before login

Black screen and cursor before login: Yesterday my PC was updated to windows 10, I turned it off and the next day I turned it on it started up with the usual logos and start up sound, but the screen stays black and the cursor appears only when I kove the mouse. What do I do?...
  10. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello, Yesterday I have updated my Windows 10, but today i can't start the system. When the laptop is starting, before the login screen, we only see black screen with cursor. I can boot the computer in safe mode and works fine, but I don't know how to fix it, becasuse...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blocked cursor windows login screen