Windows 10: Laptop blackout: what to do to protect data

Discus and support Laptop blackout: what to do to protect data in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I'm locked out my main laptop device (a Yoga 920 i7 8550U with Windows 10, up to date) because suddenly it died and I doesn't boot, nothing.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ARonkas, Feb 3, 2019.

1. ARonkas Win User

Laptop blackout: what to do to protect data

Hello,

I'm locked out my main laptop device (a Yoga 920 i7 8550U with Windows 10, up to date) because suddenly it died and I doesn't boot, nothing. Amazon offered me a complete refund if get it back promptly. So I did it.

After the surge of peace coming from the fact I didn't lost 2000$ and I didn't have to struggle with Lenovo's tech support (really sloppy) I'm now afraid for my data in term of security.

My account is PIN/fingerprint/password protected, all my sensible files are under C:\Users\$me$, all the security features where leaved to defaults.

Is my data at real risk?

A part from removing the device from my account like Google, Dropbox, etc., is there any key passage I'm missing?

:)

ARonkas, Feb 3, 2019
  2. @RaXxaa@ Win User

Data Hiding\Protecting software,Need quick reply

hello everyone, i recently have problems in my laptop and sending it inn for a repair, now i cant take the hdd out to have my data protected but i hope nothing is done to it, so i need a software that hides or protects my folder from being opened?
    Any suggestions?

@RaXxaa@, Feb 3, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Laptop blackout: what to do to protect data

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Laptop blackout: what to do to protect data

1. Laptop blackout: what to do to protect data - Similar Threads - Laptop blackout protect

2. Windows blackout?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows blackout?: I have no images, but while i was doing my normal stuff, my screen randomly fully blacked out and then one of my app icons appared in the conor and there was very old windows icons appearing too, then it just went to my background with nothing, after i ctrl alt delled, it...
  3. Windows blackout?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows blackout?: I have no images, but while i was doing my normal stuff, my screen randomly fully blacked out and then one of my app icons appared in the conor and there was very old windows icons appearing too, then it just went to my background with nothing, after i ctrl alt delled, it...
  4. Screen Blackout

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Blackout: I got a new psu 750W and since then my main monitor (I use two) randomly will go black for like 2 seconds and then come back on. It seems to be at random times so I have no idea
  5. bitlocker data protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker data protection: I encountered the bitlocker data protection message when I was trying to recover documents from my hard drive on my laptop. The Lenovo laptop kept over heating and the mother board failed. I removed the ssd drive from the laptop and using an enclosure to access the drive. I...
  6. bitlocker data protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker data protection: I encountered the bitlocker data protection message when I was trying to recover documents from my hard drive on my laptop. The Lenovo laptop kept over heating and the mother board failed. I removed the ssd drive from the laptop and using an enclosure to access the drive. I...
  7. bitlocker data protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. What is the most efficient way to protect my data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the most efficient way to protect my data?: hello, I have lost my all data thrice and I am not getting the reason for that to happen, can anyone suggest me the best way to protect my data and without again losing it. I am the owner of Nitech stainless INC, help needed urgently. * Moved from education...
  9. Data Protection or Virus Protection?

in Windows 10 News
    Data Protection or Virus Protection?: How many private users read long and drawn-out privacy policies when buying or installing software anyway? Especially when it comes to security software. After all, these programs promise not only protection from cyberattacks but also greater privacy. The data experts of...
  10. Data & Personal Protection

in Windows 10 Support
    Data & Personal Protection: According to Computer Active, a magazine I have just bought, on page 7 they state that "AVG has issued an updated privacy policy that appears to grant the company the right to harvest and sell on data collected from users of its popular 'free' av tool, including browsing and...