Windows 10: Laptop blocks internet access to other devices when connected to a network

Discus and support Laptop blocks internet access to other devices when connected to a network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, so about two weeks ago I was using Netcut, a program that inspects your Wi-Fi and sees who's connected. I used it to block some people, and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JayF.05, Dec 25, 2018.

1. JayF.05 Win User

Laptop blocks internet access to other devices when connected to a network

Hello, so about two weeks ago I was using Netcut, a program that inspects your Wi-Fi and sees who's connected. I used it to block some people, and then something had gone totally wrong:

None of the devices could connect to the Wi-Fi, not even the Laptop PC I had used to block the devices could connect. I suspect that it may be a virus that blocks the Wi-Fi when it's connected to a network. Everything returns to normal once I disconnect this computer. I believe it may have changed my MAC address, but I don't know how to return it back to normal. I've tried resetting my PC multiple times, and even a recovery reset, but nothing works. I think I might've broken my wireless card or something.

Please help. If I have to get a new laptop let me know. If I have to buy a wireless card, then I'm not buyin

:)

JayF.05, Dec 25, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Laptop blocks internet access to other devices when connected to a network [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Laptop blocks internet access to other devices when connected to a network [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 25, 2018
  3. how to access laptop from other laptop by internet remotely

Method – 1 : AdHoc Network
    Here I am Using Two Laptops say ‘Laptop-1’ and ‘Laptop-2’ for sharing the Data.Therefore First of all we need to Configure both the Laptops One by One as illustrated below.

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to boost and Increase your internet speed

Setting Up Laptop – 1
      • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 1’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name as shown below in the Image.
      Laptop blocks internet access to other devices when connected to a network 1.jpg
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Now You need to Configure your TCP/IP Settings to Assign the IP Address to the Laptop.
    • Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.1
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.2
    Laptop blocks internet access to other devices when connected to a network 2.jpg

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Setting Up Laptop – 2
    • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 2’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name.
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Next Open ‘Wireless Network adapter’ Properties.
    • Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.2
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1
    Laptop blocks internet access to other devices when connected to a network 3.jpg

Note- Carefully Enter the Above Details Remember the IP Address should be different for both the Laptops.

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Now Open Your Network Adapters and Connect.Also You can Use Map Network Drive to Share the Files or Folder as shown below in the Image.
    Laptop blocks internet access to other devices when connected to a network 4.jpg

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to Write in English Without Mistakes : SmartEdit

Method – 2 : Using IP Messenger – Simple and Easy
    This is the Best Method to Connect two Laptops or Computers for sharing the Files.You just need to Download and Install IP Messenger on Both the Laptops or Computers and You are all Done.How to Transfer Data Using USB Cable

• Set the IP address of one Laptop to be 192.168.0.x(x can be any value between 0-255) and set the another computer IP address 192.168.0.y(y can be any value between 0-255)
    • Make sure that value of x doesn’t match value of y it should be different (For Example set IP 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2)
    • Now Run IP Messenger and You will see the Connected Devices in the List
    • Now You just need to Drag and Drop the Files that you want to Share
    • Accept the Files from the Other Computer and You are all Done

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Laptop blocks internet access to other devices when connected to a network

Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Laptop blocks internet access to other devices when connected to a network

1. Laptop blocks internet access to other devices when connected to a network - Similar Threads - Laptop blocks internet

2. Safety for a child when devices access internet on other networks - not at home. Also...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Safety for a child when devices access internet on other networks - not at home. Also...: Hello, added child's mobile and laptop to Safety. Blocked unwanted apps/sites. Blocked app downloads on App Store. Will all this work when the child takes phone/laptop elsewhere and accesses another network? How can I prevent the child from downloading browsers other than...
  3. Network connected, but no internet access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network connected, but no internet access.: My laptop suddenly couldn't connect to internet. I've tried many different wifi and lan connection but it didn't work. It shows "No internet, secured". I had an update a few days ago, but after the update my laptop was working fine. This morning suddenly the problem occurs....
  4. Network connected, but no internet access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network connected, but no internet access.: My laptop suddenly couldn't connect to internet. I've tried many different wifi and lan connection but it didn't work. It shows "No internet, secured". I had an update a few days ago, but after the update my laptop was working fine. This morning suddenly the problem occurs....
  5. Internet connection but no network access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection but no network access: After a power outage we have one computer with a weird problem. The computer is able to access the internet but can't see any computers on the network and other computers cant see it either. All other computers are working normally. Ran nearly all of the troubleshooters with...
  6. Windows blocks the entire internet network of other PCs and devices

Windows blocks the entire internet network of other PCs and devices: I'm here to ask you for help. In our broadcaster we have various PCs and servers running 24 hours a day. In the last few days, always at the usual times 00: 00/01: 00 - 08: 00/09: 00 - 13: 00/13: 30 approximately our network it reaches a ping of 400 and the download drops...
  7. Connected to network but no internet access

Connected to network but no internet access: Hi I have been facing an issue on my work PC for the past 3 days. I can connect to my corporate network or any other pocket wifi but there's no internet access. Apps like Outlook/skype/teams are do not have internet access. I also cant browse the internet. What...
  8. Device Is Connected To WiFi Network But Says "No Internet Access"

Device Is Connected To WiFi Network But Says "No Internet Access": Hi, I recently bought an Acer laptop with Windows 10 installed on it. It was working fine at the beginning. But later when I updated to the newer version of Windows my WiFi connection started having issues. Can anyone here help me identify where the problem is? Here are...
  9. Laptop blocks internet access to other devices and itself when connected to a network

Laptop blocks internet access to other devices and itself when connected to a network: Hello, so about two weeks ago I was using Netcut, a program that inspects your Wi-Fi and sees who's connected. I used it to block some people, and then something had gone totally wrong: None of the devices could connect to the Wi-Fi, not even the Laptop PC I had used to...
  10. Connects to network, no internet access.

Connects to network, no internet access.: Hi guys! I know next to nothing about networks so I could really use your help. I've recently moved to a new house and my laptop, phone, and PC all connected fine. However the PC started to have problems connecting to the internet and then lost all connection the very...