Windows 10: Laptop boot/repair options not working

Discus and support Laptop boot/repair options not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop has died today and I was wondering if anyone knew a technical fix that could help. I only bought it a few months ago, but this morning the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pcdead9, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Pcdead9 Win User

Laptop boot/repair options not working

My laptop has died today and I was wondering if anyone knew a technical fix that could help. I only bought it a few months ago, but this morning the keyboard stopped working. I updated the laptop and restarted it which worked fine.

A few hours later the screen froze, then blue screened. Since then it either gets stuck on the bootup screen or bluescreens.

None of the help options work, it keeps saying 'it ran into a problem'. I tried resetting, undoing latest updates, a cmd scannow option, automatic repair, booting in safe mode. None of these actions were able to be completed.

Does anyone have any advice? Thank you

:)

Pcdead9, Oct 1, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Josef Bri Win User
    Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Oct 1, 2020
  4. UNI
    Uni Win User

Critical Service Failed - Automatic Repair and Advanced Options

Update:
    Tried the Repair disk. Still back to "Your pc ran into a problem", "Preparing automatic repair" followed by Advanced Options which have been tried again.

Would anyone recommend:
    • bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot

Otherwise, I have a bootable Win PE file waiting to be burned on to USB key, as suggested by other Forum user, but unsure what to do with it when (or if) it boots up the laptop.

Thema:

1. Laptop boot/repair options not working - Similar Threads - Laptop boot repair

2. Windows won't boot and repair options aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't boot and repair options aren't working: I built a new PC over the holiday and it's been working great, but this morning I got sent to the recovery screen and I can't seem to fix it. I had payday 2 freeze on me last night and I pressed the power button to reboot, the game sometimes does this weird freeze where...
  3. Windows won't boot and repair options aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't boot and repair options aren't working: I built a new PC over the holiday and it's been working great, but this morning I got sent to the recovery screen and I can't seem to fix it. I had payday 2 freeze on me last night and I pressed the power button to reboot, the game sometimes does this weird freeze where...
  4. Help? Boot options repair and media tool download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help? Boot options repair and media tool download: Is someone able to post and reply to help me use what I have to safeboot my windows 8 / 10 computer? The first repair and manage assist worked fine though the boot loop response petsisted and dont even ask why I did not have a restore point - first thing in good promise and...
  5. Help? Boot options repair and media tool download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help? Boot options repair and media tool download: Is someone able to post and reply to help me use what I have to safeboot my windows 8 / 10 computer? The first repair and manage assist worked fine though the boot loop response petsisted and dont even ask why I did not have a restore point - first thing in good promise and...
  6. Help with Add Boot Option Laptop will not boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with Add Boot Option Laptop will not boot.: My system will not boot so I am unable to follow the BSOD instructions. This is a Dell Inspiron 3580 laptop, less than a year old. OS is Windows 10, I don't know the version. My laptop crashed after trying to use System Restore to correct a problem. The message was it could...
  7. Getting no option to boot to after having to repair drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting no option to boot to after having to repair drivers: title submitted by /u/mrzewzie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iz5nl1/getting_no_option_to_boot_to_after_having_to/
  8. Advanced repair options not working?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advanced repair options not working?: please read to the end Hello. I've been on an infinite loop of automatic repair since this morning. But now every time the auto repair starts, it says it can't fix the fault. There. The funny thing is that everything I try in the advanced options fails. Whether it's...
  9. Lenovo laptop doesn’t seem to be booting and repair also not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lenovo laptop doesn’t seem to be booting and repair also not working: After a certain amount of time, the machine quickly goes into repair mode by re-booting. Now, all options under repair mode including factory reset isnt possible and getting cancelled automatically. When the system is switched on, it goes with a message saying that its trying...
  10. Laptop won't boot, repair, recover - typical options already tried

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop won't boot, repair, recover - typical options already tried: Hi Microsoft Support Community, I have a dell alienware r3 15 which is stuck in recovery mode after failing to install NVidia CUDA Toolkit 10.0. When the installation completed it prompted my computer to restart and never woke up. I have tried all recovery options...