Windows 10: Laptop Booting After Waking Up from Standby Mode Sleep/Hibernate

Discus and support Laptop Booting After Waking Up from Standby Mode Sleep/Hibernate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is the problem, when I sleep/hibernate my device, all the systems are turned off, and when I wake it up from sleep/hibernate my device is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Irfan Nurdiansah, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Laptop Booting After Waking Up from Standby Mode Sleep/Hibernate

This is the problem, when I sleep/hibernate my device, all the systems are turned off, and when I wake it up from sleep/hibernate my device is restarting booting and I have to log in again and all my apps I opened before are closed. I've tried everything on internet but nothing works. Please help!

Device: ASUS X550LD

:)

Irfan Nurdiansah, Nov 23, 2020

2. Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

Make sure your batteries are good. They need to be regularly replaced every 3 - 5 years. Weak batteries make for an unreliable UPS. *Frown Laptop Booting After Waking Up from Standby Mode Sleep/Hibernate :( But new batteries are cheaper than a whole new UPS.

Totally disagree with that! No way sleep affects performance. As for stability, on rare occasions, a computer will not properly come out of sleep. Typically a simple reboot resolves that. But once a computer boots properly, sleep mode does not interfere.

Sleep mode is nothing new. Microsoft and the applicable hardware makers have had over 20 years to sort problems out.
    Sorry, but that makes no sense. First, hibernation was indeed developed for notebooks - so when you close the lid, you can resume exactly where you left off. Yes, you can use hibernation with a PC and you can use hybrid mode on a notebook But hybrid mode was developed for the PC.

Second, if a user suffers from frequent blackouts they should definitely be using a good UPS with AVR. Note I've lived in Tornado Alley for the last 28 years so I have some experience with that. But more importantly, if a user suffers from frequent blackouts and they don't use an UPS, they should be saving their work and "gracefully" shutdown the computer, not put it in sleep mode.

Lastly, hybrid mode is called hybrid mode because it is just that, a mixture of modes. In hybrid mode, data stays in RAM (in a low voltage state) for faster wake times. But in hybrid mode, a full hibernation file is also created in case the user (or Mother Nature) decides to remove power completely.

Newer versions of Windows are not XP. So true, there is no need to reboot Windows just because it has been awhile since the last reboot. I only reboot my 6 W10 systems when some Windows Update or security program update requires it.

Memory leaks should not be part of this discussion. Those are faults and exceptions, and very rare. Exceptions don't make the rule. If a program is that buggy, get rid of the program.

As for things left in memory, as I noted above data is indeed left in memory to speed up wake times from sleep mode. Remember, unless you unplug the computer from the wall (or flip the master power switch on the back of the PSU - if it has one) your PC is in "Standby mode" and +5Vsb standby voltage is being distributed to multiple points across the motherboard.

If you terminate a program, that memory space is freed up. But if you keep, for example, a Word document open and allow your computer to sleep, some of that data will be retained in RAM for quicker wakes.

See Fred Langa, Is Data Safe in Sleep/Standby/Suspend Mode?

Bill_Bright, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Chadi Win User
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Laptop Booting After Waking Up from Standby Mode Sleep/Hibernate [​IMG]

Chadi, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Laptop Booting After Waking Up from Standby Mode Sleep/Hibernate

sleep or hibernate

sleep and hibernate are the same thing now.

S3 'sleep' has the entire system powered off, EXCEPT for system ram. a copy of ram is stored on the HDD when entering sleep.
    To answer the OP's question about the HDD taking wear and tear moving the laptop around - in sleep mode, it is powered off. ONLY system RAM has power in S3 sleep states.

Hibernate is when it loses power, it boots from the saved copy of ram. Often, this can load slower than a fresh boot since it has to load more from the HDD than usual.

so asking which you prefer... well, unless its a laptop you plan to store overnight or something, use sleep. its the same thing.

S3 sleep drains my laptop battery at only 2-3% an hour, so its not like its going to have a large impact on daily use.

Mussels, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Booting After Waking Up from Standby Mode Sleep/Hibernate

1. Laptop Booting After Waking Up from Standby Mode Sleep/Hibernate - Similar Threads - Laptop Booting Waking

2. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: Here is minidump attached. What can I do?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W9d-obpJtdEZ3kvZVFMis3D3Se2v-o9a/view?usp=share_link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/6408f6c8-e2d8-477f-ac7c-583016dd156b
  3. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: Here is minidump attached. What can I do?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W9d-obpJtdEZ3kvZVFMis3D3Se2v-o9a/view?usp=share_link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/6408f6c8-e2d8-477f-ac7c-583016dd156b
  4. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: I notice my laptop always face BSOD when waking up from either hibernate mode or sleep mode. The BSOD error is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Tried sfc /scannow but no issue found.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  5. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: I notice my laptop always face BSOD when waking up from either hibernate mode or sleep mode. The BSOD error is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Tried sfc /scannow but no issue found.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  6. Windows Explorer not responding after waking up from sleep/hibernation mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer not responding after waking up from sleep/hibernation mode: Hello all.For around 2 weeks now, I have been facing an issue: Windows Explorer on my laptop ASUS ROG G15QE will not respond after waking up from hibernation/sleep mode. I have tried doing sfc /scannow and a few other methods. I have also updated to the latest version of...
  7. Windows Explorer not responding after waking up from sleep/hibernation mode

Windows Explorer not responding after waking up from sleep/hibernation mode: Hello all.For around 2 weeks now, I have been facing an issue: Windows Explorer on my laptop ASUS ROG G15QE will not respond after waking up from hibernation/sleep mode. I have tried doing sfc /scannow and a few other methods. I have also updated to the latest version of...
  8. Windows Explorer not responding after waking up from sleep/hibernation mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate: I want to take advantage of fast startup and I have enabled it in the power settings. When I shutdown the machine, it goes to hibernate mode. To restart the machine, I have to first press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds, which terminates the hibernation and...
  10. Bug: Key to wake up sleep mode is used as command in Windows - Standby & Hibernate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bug: Key to wake up sleep mode is used as command in Windows - Standby & Hibernate: I have Windows 10 Pro 1909. If i wake up the PC with Spacebar and a video was opened, it starts to play the video. ESC closes a program. Enter opens a program, if chosen on Desktop before automatic sleep. This is annoying. The key used to wake up the PC shouldn‘t interact...