Windows 10: Laptop booting into black screen no cursor and cant use usb

Discus and support Laptop booting into black screen no cursor and cant use usb in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. My laptop with windows 10 on it bsod once and then it didnt restart just shutdown. I didnt know it was a big problem then but when i tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nemanja_180, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Laptop booting into black screen no cursor and cant use usb

Hi.

My laptop with windows 10 on it bsod once and then it didnt restart just shutdown.

I didnt know it was a big problem then but when i tried to boot it up, black screen no cursor

I have tried using usb but no luck because BIOS has only 1 priority and thats Windows boot manager

Yes i have tried alot of keys to wake up even external monitor but no luck

Only when i unplugged the power once it displayed error Unmountable boot volume and then it happens even with the power cable plugged

Dont send me links about windows installation, i cant boot from usb or anything.

:)

Nemanja_180, Jul 20, 2018

2. Windows Update Bricked my PC. Black screen, no cursor, no BIOS screen, can't boot from USB

Same problem here, unable to boot after upgrade. Black screen, NO cursor, NO Bios screen, nothing.

Unable to boot from alternatives (USB, CD). Tried blind login etc as suggested elswhere, no success.

Finally removed the hard drive, now successful boot from USB (Linux).

Inserted hard drive again, NO bios, No cursor again. Unable to do anything with notebook.

Conclusion? Cumulatieve update Windows 10 Version 1607 voor x64-systemen (KB3213986) bricked my hard drive on my laptop. (ACER Aspire 7551G)

Upgrade worked fine on my desktop PC. Have to find some way to mount laptop's drive on an other computer to check for corrupted bootblock and/or dataloss.

DJE Lubbers, Jul 20, 2018
  3. jds63 Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Laptop booting into black screen no cursor and cant use usb

Black screen with mouse cursor

Hi Ar Rom, thanks for answering.

I couldn't use any of those steps because I can't get through the blue screen.

I tried to clean install windows 10 using a bootable usb drive. I went to the boot manager and click on usb device (uefi), after that the windows logo shows up and a spinning circle a minute later the screen turned black. I could only see the cursor.

I left the laptop like that the whole night, in the morning the screen was still black with the cursor. So, I read that I should use a HDMI cable to watch the screen on a TV. I did that and nothing happened.

I turned it off and turned it on again and it worked perfectly until the login screen, suddenly I got a blue screen again with error:0xc000021a (I think it happened because I disconnected the laptop from the tv).

I had to turn it off again and when I turned on it shows the same blue screen with the "inaccesible boot device" message.

Daniel_G33, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Laptop booting into black screen no cursor and cant use usb

1. Laptop booting into black screen no cursor and cant use usb - Similar Threads - Laptop booting black

2. Laptop will not boot to windows; Black Screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop will not boot to windows; Black Screen with cursor before login: I have an HP Laptop 14 dk1046nr which originally had an AMD Athlon Silver 3050U, 4GB of DDR4 RAM, and a 500GB Hard Drive. I recently upgraded this computer to 8GB of DDR4 and a 256GB NVMe SSD, while still leaving the entire hard drive. I must not have cloned it correctly,...
  3. PC booting to a black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC booting to a black screen with cursor: Hey, My PC was working fine yesterday night as it installed the latest update. This morning however I cannot access anything anymore. As soon as it boots I don't see the login screen but go directly to a black screen where I can move my cursor. I've been googling around...
  4. Laptop freezing then black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezing then black screen with cursor: This has been an on/off issue with my laptop. It's a Lenovo IdeaPad 330S 15in, the i7 with GTX1050 variant. The OS is Windows 10. It runs perfectly well almost all the time, but there are those random, occasional moments when it just freezes before going black screen with a...
  5. PC boots up into a black screen with cursor

PC boots up into a black screen with cursor: I recently began having problems booting up. The pc starts up on a black screen where nothing works except win+p. I also got another error saying that the boot partition is missing. Is there a way of fixing this without losing any data?...
  6. Black screen with cursor after automatic repair or booting from usb

Black screen with cursor after automatic repair or booting from usb: Hello I was booting from usb drive in order to repair my pc .. but the pc accidently turned off while restoring system point. Then i try to turned it on, after automatic repair the black screen comes with cursor .. also try booting from usb nothing comes just a screen with...
  7. Windows 10 Usb install booting black screen with no cursor

Windows 10 Usb install booting black screen with no cursor: So heres what happened, I desired to move from windows to linux mint, i really liked it, games ran just as good with the new Valve Proton Engine, but then i desired to use my other ssd to make my computer run both windows and linux mint, I have done this before on my dell...
  8. Booting to black screen with cursor

Booting to black screen with cursor: Hello and thank you all for any help or ideas. In general, on startup my computer is 'scanning and repairing' drives, then booting into a black screen with cursor. I don't have a pc easily available to install usb boot programs but have tried a couple thus far. Refreshing or...
  9. Windows boots to black screen, no cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boots to black screen, no cursor: Windows 10 Prof x64 Sager Laptop, i7 NVidia 980M<br /><br /> This morning I resumed my computer back from sleep and different programs started hanging. So, I decided to restart. I restarted my computer and it stayed on the restart screen for ages, like 30 minutes. So I...
  10. Laptop Screen Black With Cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Screen Black With Cursor: So as I was sitting around watching YouTube, I decided to switch to a different video and as I clicked into fullscreen the screen went black. I clicked and as I did this a popped up. I didn't have time to read it because as soon as it came up it was gone. I turned the...