Windows 10: Laptop Boots in BIO

Discus and support Laptop Boots in BIO in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've got a problem with an Asus laptop that boots into the BIOS on every startup. I've taken out the old hard drive, installed an ssd to test and am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alfarom, Mar 14, 2021.

1. alfarom Win User

Laptop Boots in BIO

I've got a problem with an Asus laptop that boots into the BIOS on every startup. I've taken out the old hard drive, installed an ssd to test and am able to go through the installation routine with Win 10 on a memory stick which seems to go ok. However, on a restart the laptop boots into the BIOS again and the hard drive isn't recognised there even though the usb stick has no trouble seeing it.

Any suggestion?

Asus X555L approx 3 or 4 years old
    Win 10 home

:)

alfarom, Mar 14, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Laptop not booting after bios update

Take it apart and try his suggestion is what I would do next. Still what a pain disassemble laptop to fix bios.
    RE: Latitude 3330 BIOS update failure
    Hi Alex,
    sorry about my late. I don't know that you could fix your problem now, but I try help you.
    You need remove the Lan card (modular part on motherboard ), because you have a problem with UEFI boot. You can enter in BIOS, if the LAN part is unplugged
    Laptop Boots in BIO [​IMG]

RE: Latitude 3330 BIOS update failure

Hy everyone,
    I fix this Bios Post error problem.

1. Switch off the computer.
    2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
    3. Remove the battery from the computer
    4. Remote HDD, keyboard, Palmrest
    5. Put out the CMOS battery
    6. Raise up the LAN/VGA part (2 screws)
    7. Take a USB keyboard, connect the AC adapter and press F2
    8. If you see the BIOS, almost finished.
    9. Put on The CMOS battery, and step in: System configuration / integrated NIC / Turn off "Enable UEFI Network Stack"
    10. Turn off and raise down the LAN/VGA part. Test Again. If everything is working you done.

I hope, I could help you
    Regards
    David

sdowney717, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Laptop Boots in BIO

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Laptop Boots in BIO

1. Laptop Boots in BIO - Similar Threads - Laptop Boots BIO

2. Laptop not booting into bios or windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not booting into bios or windows: I have a dell vostro 1520 laptop and every time i turn it on it refuses to boot into the bios let alone show me the startup icon. I am hoping someone can help. It is running windows 10 The display wont show when i turn it on i just get a error code where the number key is...
  3. Laptop not booting into bios or windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not booting into bios or windows: I have a dell vostro 1520 laptop and every time i turn it on it refuses to boot into the bios let alone show me the startup icon. I am hoping someone can help. It is running windows 10 The display wont show when i turn it on i just get a error code where the number key is...
  4. Laptop not booting into bios or windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bio Boot: Good dayI have a Acer Aspire and have been struggling with my Bio boot. When I get to the boot me Option.Secure boot : EnabledShould it be enabled because I can select anything here.And one final question, does my laptop need to be connected to the internet via lan cable?...
  6. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bio Boot: Good dayI have a Acer Aspire and have been struggling with my Bio boot. When I get to the boot me Option.Secure boot : EnabledShould it be enabled because I can select anything here.And one final question, does my laptop need to be connected to the internet via lan cable?...
  7. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Laptop Boots in BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Boots in BIOS: I've got a problem with an Asus laptop that boots into the BIOS on every startup. I've taken out the old hard drive, installed an ssd to test and am able to go through the installation routine with Win 10 on a memory stick which seems to go ok. However, on a restart the...
  9. Laptop not booting after bios update

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not booting after bios update: I did a bios update this morning and since then When I push power My laptop doesnt boot to the first screen and just powers on and off in a loop. Removed the battery power plug and opened up my laptop and removed the cmos battery, waited a few minutes, put everything back...
  10. Asus laptop boots directly into BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus laptop boots directly into BIOS: I cannot get to Safe mode or recovery, The laptop just boots right to BIOS. I thought I download Windows 10 with Download Tool and I got this Error code: 0x80042405-0xA001A...