Windows 10: Laptop boots into a black screen - safe mode won't boot - usb start up disk won't boot.

Discus and support Laptop boots into a black screen - safe mode won't boot - usb start up disk won't boot. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Experts... please read carefully as I have tried many things already that I have researched. I have a laptop ASUS that will not boot properly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ch0wd0wn, Feb 8, 2020.

1. ch0wd0wn Win User

Laptop boots into a black screen - safe mode won't boot - usb start up disk won't boot.

Hello Experts... please read carefully as I have tried many things already that I have researched.

I have a laptop ASUS that will not boot properly. I can never get to the logon screen.

I have done the following:

1. Boot the laptop, then hard power it off, boot the laptop, then hard power it off again to trigger the repair - however I NEVER get to the repair window options.... just says "Preparing to repair" and then it disappears into a black screen... the laptop is still on...

2. I created a Windows 10 start up USB disk, change the laptop BIOS to boot from USB. When I boot the laptop, it appears to be running from the USB, windows logo show up... and then black screen again!

3. If I let it boot normally I just see windows logo then black screen.

Everything is leading to a black screen! I cannot even get the SAFE mode or repair mode.

Please help!

:)

ch0wd0wn, Feb 8, 2020
  2. scraff Win User

My pc won´t boot Windows 10 from USB/DVD

So I wanted to change from my Windows 10 x32 bits to 64x. I downloaded the Mediacreationtool and used it in both a USB and a DVD. Tried used the usb, the disk and both at the same time but they won´t boot.

I have a P7H55-M motherboard, the BIOS is updated and configured to boot first DVD, second usb and third SATA.

So if someone could help me it´d be great.

scraff, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Laptop boots into a black screen - safe mode won't boot - usb start up disk won't boot.

Disk boot failure!!!

You can format the disk with like fdisk or something. A linux disk would make more sense but you say it won`t boot....

francis511, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Laptop boots into a black screen - safe mode won't boot - usb start up disk won't boot.

1. Laptop boots into a black screen - safe mode won't boot - usb start up disk won't boot. - Similar Threads - Laptop boots black

2. Computer has black screen and won't load, can't boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer has black screen and won't load, can't boot into safe mode.: The computer boots into a black screen with a loading circle that loads infinitely, tried to go into advanced boot options to try and boot it in safe mode, and black screened the first two times, and went back into the black loading screen the last time. I have already tried...
  3. Windows won't boot and won't enter safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot and won't enter safe mode: Hello, i recently went on a trip and when i arrived back my pc booted but then proceeded to not show any desktop icons and continusly switch between the normal curser and the loading curser. After wating for about 3min i restarted my pc. This time it got stuck on the windows...
  4. Laptop won't boot-up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop won't boot-up: Hi, my Granddaughter's HP Stream laptop will not boot-up, I have tried the repair my computer facility, fixmbr, fixboot, rebuildbcd, chkdsk, system restore, previous copy of windows unfortunately none of which work as I either get "unable to repair your computer" or the...
  5. Win10 won't boot, won't repair BSOD trying to boot safe mode

Win10 won't boot, won't repair BSOD trying to boot safe mode: I recently upgraded from 7 to 10, I have version 2004. It has 3 SSDs. It's been working fine for a couple of weeks, but last night it crashed 3 times and after the 3rd time, it won't boot up anymore. I ran chkdsk, I've attached results below. I used Hiren's BootCD and saved...
  6. Win10 won't boot, won't repair BSOD trying to boot safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 won't boot, won't repair BSOD trying to boot safe mode: I recently upgraded from 7 to 10, I have version 2004. It has 3 SSDs. It's bee working fine for a couple of weeks, but last night it crashed 3 times and after the 3rd time, it won't boot up anymore. I ran chkdsk, I've attached results below. I used Hiren's BootCD and saved...
  7. USB won't boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB won't boot: A USB an MP3 I have been using on my computer all day now is not being reconised by the computetr and will not boot up. Is there anything I can do to get it to boot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-wont-boot/c7dd79f9-1041-47cb-a4d3-38273f2a517c
  8. Laptop won't boot. Can't boot to safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't boot. Can't boot to safe mode.: submitted by /u/Mckillagorilla [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds0808/laptop_wont_boot_cant_boot_to_safe_mode/
  9. Laptop Won't Boot Up

Laptop Won't Boot Up: Every time I login, a blue screen with this in it pops up: C:\ Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" After this, my laptop won't do anything. What can I do?...
  10. Boot Disc/USB won't start

Boot Disc/USB won't start: When the computer tries to load windows I get error: 0xc000000e and I have the options to 1 Enter and try again (Does nothing) 2 F1 to enter Recovery Environment (Turns the computer off) 3 F8 for Startup seetings (Nothing) 4 Press Esc to enter UEFI Firmware settings...