Windows 10: Laptop bottom display setting

Discus and support Laptop bottom display setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Out of the blue, the black banner at the bottom of my laptop screen now takes almost one-third of the total screen. Over on the left is a very large,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bengtja, Oct 10, 2019.

1. bengtja Win User

Laptop bottom display setting

Out of the blue, the black banner at the bottom of my laptop screen now takes almost one-third of the total screen. Over on the left is a very large, white box that says "type here to search" .. I use Google exclusively and now when I'm in any utility I'm having to increase the size of the screen (it will not stay) in order to do a function like SAVE ENTER .. in FB to enter text in Messenger .. hope you can help!

:)

bengtja, Oct 10, 2019

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Laptop bottom display setting

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Laptop bottom display setting

1. Laptop bottom display setting - Similar Threads - Laptop bottom display

2. My Settings panel in Windows 10 will not display. It shows as an icon in the bottom bar,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Settings panel in Windows 10 will not display. It shows as an icon in the bottom bar,...: shows on bar, but does not show on screen. I have found this issue on several sites, but none of the solutions provided work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-settings-panel-in-windows-10-will-not-display/7938a540-fb09-42b3-aa28-60a41581dfb0
  3. The bottom of the laptop is black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The bottom of the laptop is black: the bottom of the laptop is black when turned on, but over time it only appears if the screen displays a dark color and will disappear if it displays a light color....
  4. The bottom of the laptop is black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The bottom of the laptop is black: the bottom of the laptop is black when turned on, but over time it only appears if the screen displays a dark color and will disappear if it displays a light color....
  5. Black bar at bottom of display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black bar at bottom of display: There appears to be a thin black bar across the bottom of my monitor - tried all of the solutions recommended to other users with the same issue ex. uninstalling/updating drivers, searching for & uninstalling potentially problematic third-party applications, though none...
  6. Scrolling to bottom in settings ONLY

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling to bottom in settings ONLY: Hi, I'm having a problem. Whenever I go to the settings page and need to scroll to see all options, the page automatically goes to the last option and doesn´t leave, has shown in the video. This ONLY happens in the settings page. Any other app works fine. Example video How...
  7. Strange displays in the browser bottom right?

in Browsers and Email
    Strange displays in the browser bottom right?: In my browser (Firefox), strange "advertisements" have recently been displayed below. How can I remove this or could it be malware and how can I remove it? [ATTACH] lg Komische Anzeigen im Browser unten rechts?
  8. Laptop display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop display settings: Hello, I am a little stuck due to the fact that my computer has changed its display settings into Urdu and although I have deleted Urdu as a language, it still is displaying in Urdu. Everything is all muddled up and I cannot understand half of what all the folders are...
  9. Possible to display details pane on bottom?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Possible to display details pane on bottom?: is there anyway i can display my details panel on the bottom ? like it used to on win 7? because windows 10 shows it on right hand side, but it's just taking too much of the space on my screen, it's really inconvenient when you open 2 folders and snap to sides and modify...
  10. Display cut off at bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display cut off at bottom of the screen: I just completed W10 installation and it seems to be working, but the bottom of the display is cut off. I shifted the task bar to the right side or otherwise I couldn't see it. Still annoying. I have a ATI Radeon HD 4350 video card with 512 MB memory and a Dell ST2410...