Windows 10: Laptop Brightness Problem

Discus and support Laptop Brightness Problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello There... I've been facing the problem of Brightness in my laptop. The brightness of my Laptop is not increasing or decreasing. So, I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by D_Gamer_007, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Laptop Brightness Problem

Hello There...

I've been facing the problem of Brightness in my laptop. The brightness of my Laptop is not increasing or decreasing. So, I need Help...

I have Laptop HP ENVY 15 and Graphic adapter is Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Thank you.

:)

D_Gamer_007, Nov 30, 2020

2. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Nov 30, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Laptop Brightness Problem

Laptop brightness

Usually there are special keys on laptops to adjust the brightness

Function keys may have a second option

In windows settings -> system -> display

• You might not see the Change brightness slider on desktop PCs that have an external monitor. To change the brightness on an external monitor, use the buttons on it.
    • If you don't have a desktop PC and the slider doesn't appear or work, try updating the display driver. In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results. In Device Manager,
      select Display adapters, then select the display adapter. Press and hold (or right-click) the display adapter name, then select Update driver and follow the instructions.

HARDCORE GAMES™, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Brightness Problem

1. Laptop Brightness Problem - Similar Threads - Laptop Brightness Problem

2. brightness problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    brightness problem: i accidently decreased my windows's brightness by using control panel. now, my screen is completely dark and none of the keys and keyboard orders are working i don't know what to do please tell me...
  3. brightness problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness problem: i accidently decreased my windows's brightness by using control panel. now, my screen is completely dark and none of the keys and keyboard orders are working i don't know what to do please tell me...
  4. Brightness problem

Brightness problem: Hi, I am using dell Inspiron 15 5700 core i7 for the past 2 years and I have continuous issues with brightness. My built-in OS was Linux when I first purchased this system afterwards I changed Linux to window 10 and then I started having the problem with brightness. it...
  5. brightness problem

brightness problem: hello. i really need help. my laptop's brightness doesn't change. the brightness slider at the notification window doesn't work. the brightness slider on settings doesn't seem to work either. my eyes are hurting so much. i searched the internet and saw that it has something...
  6. Brightness Problem

Brightness Problem: I was playing with the resolution settings and then the brightness increased for no reason. There is no way for me to lower it. It's like a brightened and saved photo now. If you lower the brightness it doesn't make the photo like before...
  7. Brightness problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brightness problem: So recently i've noticed that my display getting bit dimmy based on what im doing, so if background is black, screen brightness goes lower, and its very annoying. So i tried to fix this problem but couldn't. I can't disable automaticly adjust colors from settings because it...
  8. Brightness Problem

Brightness Problem: Brightness It doesn't let me change brightness, I tried using action center, and the brightness slider isn't there, I looked everywhere in the control panel and settings, and its not there. Is there anyone who can help me I'm not on administrator account....
  9. brightness problem

brightness problem: Since the latest windows 10 creators update was installed on my hp pavilion laptop I have no controls to enable me to manipulate the screen brightness. There is no longer a button in the quick action centre (used to be a sun & % brightness button), nor is there a brightness...
  10. brightness problem

brightness problem: After I giving new windows 10, My brightness don't working. My laptop is hp Probook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-problem/08f14402-b7d9-47e6-be11-1d67dc2136cd