Windows 10: Laptop Brightness Stuck at 100% on Windows 10!

Discus and support Laptop Brightness Stuck at 100% on Windows 10! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; One day, I was working on a project in Adobe Illustrator on my "330-15IKB (Type 81DE) Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81DE" laptop and then it automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rit101, Aug 13, 2020.

1. /u/Rit101 Win User

Laptop Brightness Stuck at 100% on Windows 10!

One day, I was working on a project in Adobe Illustrator on my "330-15IKB (Type 81DE) Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81DE" laptop and then it automatically restarted and then laptop get stuck after typing login password. Then i forced shutdown my laptop,

Now when i switched on my laptop, my laptop display brightness stuck at 100%, i tried reinstalling drivers, reset windows and then many times clean flashed windows 10 but display always stuck at 100% and didn't change. After Clean installing windows 10, windows 10 update center automatically downloads intel display driver but when it tries to install it, it gives error then laptop reboots every time on "Blue-Screen Of Death". Local repair shop is telling that my Intel integrated graphics card got corrupted because graphic display driver is not installing.

Hence I tried Ubuntu and there everything works fine, display brightness is properly increasing-decreasing. SO, I'm using Ubuntu but for Adobe Software i need windows 10.

Does anyone know why is this issue happening with my laptop on Windows 10?

submitted by /u/Rit101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rit101, Aug 13, 2020

2. Brightness Stuck at Either 100% or 0% in Windows 10.

This issue
    has been posted about before.
    I am having the same issue, but have noticed that my brightness is stuck at 100% or 0%. It seems to stay wherever it was set when it rebooted. I am about to see if it stays at 50%

I have tried:

• reinstalling (deleting the driver files) the video driver.
    • Setting the brightness to 0 & rebooting

Durham Bell, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Laptop Brightness Stuck at 100% on Windows 10!

Brightness stuck at 100%

My laptop's brightness has been stuck at 100% for around a month now. It all started because I created a custom power plan. Even after I went back to the balanced power plan, my brightness hasn't been able to be changed. Even when I go to the battery icon
    and attempt to change the brightness, it already says the brightness is at 0%.

Laptop Brightness Stuck at 100% on Windows 10! 3f54ed89-7e16-45c3-9465-feb0833d2ac3?upload=true.png

It doesn't allow me to change the brightness at all. I've also used Fn and tried the lower brightness key. That ended up being unsuccessful as well.

I'd like some help with this because the battery has been dying very quickly and the screen is too bright for my eyes at times.

SarahMangum, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Brightness Stuck at 100% on Windows 10!

1. Laptop Brightness Stuck at 100% on Windows 10! - Similar Threads - Laptop Brightness Stuck

2. Screen brightness on laptop changing to 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen brightness on laptop changing to 100%: Hi everyone, I work on a laptop Asus ROG i7-7gen, WIN 10 latest updates, NVIDIA 1050Ti latest updates and 2 external screens and somewhat randomly the laptop screen not the external monitors changes brightness to 100%. This happens more frequently when I start using VLC...
  3. Screen brightness on laptop changing to 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen brightness on laptop changing to 100%: Hi everyone, I work on a laptop Asus ROG i7-7gen, WIN 10 latest updates, NVIDIA 1050Ti latest updates and 2 external screens and somewhat randomly the laptop screen not the external monitors changes brightness to 100%. This happens more frequently when I start using VLC...
  4. Screen brightness on laptop changing to 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop brightness stuck at 100% when plugging in an external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop brightness stuck at 100% when plugging in an external monitor: Laptop: ASUS - ROG Zephyrus G14 Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.264 Issue: When I connect an external monitor to my laptop using an HDMI cable, the laptop's screen's brightness is automatically set to the maximum. Adjusting the brightness with the...
  6. Brightness stuck at 100% with no options in settings or notifications center windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness stuck at 100% with no options in settings or notifications center windows 10: I have an issue where my computer won't let me lower my brightness from 100%, therefore, hurting my eyes and computer battery. I tried to roll back and uninstall drivers and display adapters, search settings and notifications center for buttons, use my keyboard and use...
  7. Brightness stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness stuck at 100%: My laptop's brightness has been stuck at 100% for around a month now. It all started because I created a custom power plan. Even after I went back to the balanced power plan, my brightness hasn't been able to be changed. Even when I go to the battery icon and attempt to...
  8. Laptop brightness stuck at low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop brightness stuck at low: After a bug that happened while i was playing gmod, the screen froze, and the home screen was very small with low resolution. i restarted my laptop, and the screen brightness was stuck at low, saying it was at 100%. I've had this happen before, but took 3 months to fix by...
  9. Windows brightness stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows brightness stuck at 100%: I updated my laptop 3 days ago and now my brightness is stuck. I tried changing it from the battery settings but the option has vanished from everywhere. Then I tried uninstalling the display drives NVIDIA 940M and still nothing after following the procedure from this...
  10. Screen Stuck at 100% Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Stuck at 100% Brightness: I recently bought a Lenovo ideapad 330 that came with Windows 10. Everything worked fine for the first two weeks until my screen is stuck at 100% brightness. I've looked around for a fix, and the one solution that everyone says should work (refreshing/updating my driver)...