Windows 10: Laptop brightness stuck at low

Discus and support Laptop brightness stuck at low in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After a bug that happened while i was playing gmod, the screen froze, and the home screen was very small with low resolution. i restarted my laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IAmKenar, Jan 13, 2019.

1. IAmKenar Win User

Laptop brightness stuck at low

After a bug that happened while i was playing gmod, the screen froze, and the home screen was very small with low resolution. i restarted my laptop, and the screen brightness was stuck at low, saying it was at 100%. I've had this happen before, but took 3 months to fix by itself

What should i do?

-Ken

:)

IAmKenar, Jan 13, 2019

2. Screen brightness low & critical Error

Hi Roopesh,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• What is the complete error message are you getting?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/adjust-monitor-brightness-contrast#1TC=windows-10

Method 2: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 13, 2019
  3. JackGPM Win User
    Windows 10 Screen Brightness Problem

Upgraded to Win 10 from 7 on Gateway Laptop and screen brightness is stuck on very low setting. Keyboard controls show increase in brightness but nothing happens on the screen. Went into settings and adjusted brightness to max on battery
    and power with no change. Upgraded drivers - no change. Suggestions please.

JackGPM, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Laptop brightness stuck at low

Display Brightness too low even when set at 100%, after updating to Windows 10

Screen Brightness remains too low in spite of taking many steps

Dear Pavan,

Sorry for the belated response as I was in the meanwhile also trying some other solutions that came in connection with my not being able to delete any attachments to a mail in any mode. Here is an update:

I raised this issue for the first time on April 15, 2016. Several suggestions came in and I tried all of them but the problem remains unsolved.

The background: Recently I upgraded my 2 laptops (Acer 5750 & Sony Vaio 64-bit, i5) from the earlier Windows 7 to Windows 10. The Brightness of Display which was fully good earlier, became too low on Sony laptop
    as if set to 15 or 20%, even when set to 100%. Being dim, it strains the eye. No such problem is there with Acer laptop.

Suggestions so far received which have been already implemented are:

• Brightness & Contrast settings

• Colour Contrast & Balance

• High Contrast & Making the Computer easier to see

• Gamma Adjustment

• SFC scan now

• Complete DIS Scan, including RestoreHealth

• Troubleshooting

• Clean Reboot

Unfortunately, the trouble remains. Can you or anyone else help?

Best wishes,

Kumar

KumarTipirneni, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Laptop brightness stuck at low

1. Laptop brightness stuck at low - Similar Threads - Laptop brightness stuck

2. low brightness on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low brightness on desktop: Hi, I have a problem. Win 11 Pro, desktop NOT laptop, my brightness drops anytime I start the windows, anytime I go the -> system -> display. Only way to get it back is to reload the graphics driver ctrl+shift+win+B. Never happened before. PC is 4 years old, AMD graphics...
  3. low brightness on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    low brightness on desktop: Hi, I have a problem. Win 11 Pro, desktop NOT laptop, my brightness drops anytime I start the windows, anytime I go the -> system -> display. Only way to get it back is to reload the graphics driver ctrl+shift+win+B. Never happened before. PC is 4 years old, AMD graphics...
  4. Laptop microphone stuck at low volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop microphone stuck at low volume: I've just brought my laptopwhen tested, my microphone show the result of 2% of total volumewhat I've done- check that the microphone has the right permission and turn every setting to max- Troubleshoot settings- update/reinstall driver...
  5. Laptop microphone stuck at low volume

Laptop microphone stuck at low volume: I've just brought my laptopwhen tested, my microphone show the result of 2% of total volumewhat I've done- check that the microphone has the right permission and turn every setting to max- Troubleshoot settings- update/reinstall driver...
  6. Windows 11 brightness on laptop screen low and the slider for changing brightness is greyed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 brightness on laptop screen low and the slider for changing brightness is greyed...: recently the brightness on my laptop screen has been really low and I have no way of changing it normally which is odd since i have an external monitor and its brightness is completely normal it's just the laptop screen which is dimmer I have tried to update the drivers but...
  7. Brightness Locked on Low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Locked on Low: I dropped my laptop, and it hit the floor not that hard. I opened my laptop to see if there where any cracks on my screen, lucky there wasn't, but instead my laptop brightness was stuck on low. I could barely see anything, I tried increasing the brightness, but it said that...
  8. Brightness Locked on Low

Brightness Locked on Low: I dropped my laptop, and it hit the floor not that hard. I opened my laptop to see if there where any cracks on my screen, lucky there wasn't, but instead my laptop brightness was stuck on low. I could barely see anything, I tried increasing the brightness, but it said that...
  9. Brightness is stuck on low

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness is stuck on low: When I plug in my laptop I can change my brightness manually but when it's not charging eventhough it's not on power saving mode sometimes the brightness gets stuck on low and when I use the brightness keys f2 & f3 I can see the brightness bar changing but there is no actual...
  10. low brightness issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    low brightness issue: updated windows 10 from build 1803 to latest build 1809. update went smooth but i am facing one problem, after update the brightness of the screen is lower then what it used be be in 1803 build. any solution???...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop screen brightness stuck on low

2. windows 10 brightness stuck

3. brightness stuck low

4. thinkpad brightness stuck on low,
  5. laptop brightness really low,
  6. brightness is still very low but is at 100% after i closed my laptop and opened it after a minute,
  7. brightness stuck low on computer,
  8. screen brightness stuck low,
  9. laptop brightness is very low,
  10. surface display brightness stuck at low,
  11. laptop display stuck on minimum brightness,
  12. laptop stuck on low brightness,
  13. surface laptop problem minimum brightness,
  14. acer screen brghtness too low 100%,
  15. Windows stuck low brightness