Windows 10: LAPTOP BSOD after updating nvidia gpu

Discus and support LAPTOP BSOD after updating nvidia gpu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ive been trying to use my nvidia gtx 1050 other than my intel uhd 630 so i can game, but if i do update it whichever way itll crash and say tdr failure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TraxxDemon, Jan 7, 2021.

1. LAPTOP BSOD after updating nvidia gpu

Ive been trying to use my nvidia gtx 1050 other than my intel uhd 630 so i can game, but if i do update it whichever way itll crash and say tdr failure or other bsod codes, and it has to do with the file nvlddmkm.sys file, i did get this from the event viewer maybe you can help me on finding out whats causing this issue maybe a driver?

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xffffaf7dd9c3a498, 0x0000000000000002, 0xfffff80256e1b092, 0x0000000000000002. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 3eb24a32-e0f1-4476-aa34-4cd007b19993.

:)

TraxxDemon, Jan 7, 2021

2. BSOD after the NVIDIA GPU is activated

For the past month i've been struggling with an issue on my laptop, related to its GPU.

Whenever my NVIDIA GPU and the Intel GPU are activated, and the NVIDIA GPU isn't under stress for about 5 minutes, (by "under stress" I mean using programs that require detailed graphics and a lot of graphical processing) the BSOD will appear showing the
    message error "NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE".

Somehow I've tackled the issue of the BSOD by deactivating the NVIDIA GPU and solely use the Intel GPU, whenever I feel the NVIDIA GPU isn't required for my actions.

Even so, it is annoying to have to activate/deactivate the NVIDIA everytime i need it.

I have already used programs such as WhoCrashed and BlueScreeView to understand better the causes of these crashes. Those programs say that the leading cause of the BSOD are the files "hal.dll", "ntoskrnl.exe" and "PSHED.dll".

I would like to know if there is a way to correct these errors and how should I proceed to correct them.

My laptop specs are:

Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-79XK

CPU: Intel i7-8750H

GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050

RAM: 16GB

Luís AserPortela, Jan 7, 2021
  3. pooltaxi1 Win User
    Windows 10 Won't use NVIDIA GPU, Uses Integrated Graphics Instead! (LAPTOP)

I have a similar (same) problem with my ASUS laptop.

My Laptop: ASUS F550L laptop

SPECS:

Windows: Windows 10

Processor: Intel Core i7-4500MQ CPU @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M

Integrated GPU: ?

DirectX Version: ?

I have tried the steps listed above but they did not resolve the problem.

I have attempted to download an updated driver but my driver was reported as 'up to date'.

What do I do now?

pooltaxi1, Jan 7, 2021
  4. LAPTOP BSOD after updating nvidia gpu

BSOD After NVidia Update Driver (Laptop) - driver power state failure

My Laptop is ASUS ROG GL553VE, I have problem with my driver (Nvidia 1050Ti Notebook edition).

When I update my GPU Driver to the newest version, it's always back to BSOD (driver power state failure) when I use the GPU (my laptop have 2 GPU, Intel and Nvidia).

Then I want to resolve this problem to ASUS Service Center. And finally I got my laptop with new motherboard. Unfortunately after a few hour I installed the newest Nvidia Driver again, I still got the BSOD after using the Nvidia GPU, so I think there's a
    bug from my Windows 10 64bit.

I think clean install is the best way to resolve this problem, but still I got BSOD when I install the newest version of my NVidia driver. Now, I must use the oldest driver (Version 376.54 GeForce GTX 1050Ti Notebook Edition) version. I want to update to
    newest version because there's some software like adobe or something like that must use the newest version of my driver.

Sorry for my bad English

Cheers

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Muhammad EmirYusuf, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

LAPTOP BSOD after updating nvidia gpu

1. LAPTOP BSOD after updating nvidia gpu - Similar Threads - LAPTOP BSOD updating

2. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers: I updated my NVIDIA drivers, and now no audio output device is installed and i cant redownload geforce experience, i also tried installing realtek drivers which didnt work either, how do i fix this...
  3. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers: I updated my NVIDIA drivers, and now no audio output device is installed and i cant redownload geforce experience, i also tried installing realtek drivers which didnt work either, how do i fix this...
  4. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Nvidia Laptop GPU error 45

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Laptop GPU error 45: I started getting this issue about a week ago. I got it fixed by uninstalling the windows updates I had from the settings. The issue is still persisting, however, and every time my laptop goes into sleep mode my dedicated GPU gets the error again and becomes unrecognized. How...
  6. Dell laptop not registering nvidia gpu

Dell laptop not registering nvidia gpu: So my laptop is a dell vostro 14 5480 which suppose to have a nvidia gpuBut the thing is registering the igpu not the nvidia gpu that it supposed toSo what is the problem...
  7. NVidia GPU on Laptop doesn't function properly after Windows KB5003637 Update

NVidia GPU on Laptop doesn't function properly after Windows KB5003637 Update: I have a 2015 Alienware 15 running a 4th Gen i7 with 16 gigs of RAM and a GTX 980m.After the KB5003637 update, Task manager refuses to show my GPU under processes, Nvidia control panel refuses to open, I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling and updating my drivers to the...
  8. BLACKSCREEN WITH CURSOR AFTER NVIDIA GPU UPDATE

BLACKSCREEN WITH CURSOR AFTER NVIDIA GPU UPDATE: every time i update Nvidia's GPU windows after restart the desktop does not load and it's just a black screen with a cursor after 10-30 min the desktop loads back again, this started happening when I started to download every GPU update as soon as it comes out on express...
  9. BSOD after the NVIDIA GPU is activated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after the NVIDIA GPU is activated: For the past month i've been struggling with an issue on my laptop, related to its GPU. Whenever my NVIDIA GPU and the Intel GPU are activated, and the NVIDIA GPU isn't under stress for about 5 minutes, (by "under stress" I mean using programs that require detailed graphics...
  10. NVIDIA GPU NOT BEING RECOGNIZED AFTER UPDATE

NVIDIA GPU NOT BEING RECOGNIZED AFTER UPDATE: First of all, back in 11th month of 2017, after updating NVDIA drivers through Geforce Experience and receiving an update from Windows Update, I was stuck at the blue screen of death (the error was nvlddmkm.sys, after a quick googling I found out that it was dual my NVIDIA...