Windows 10: Laptop BSOD even after Win10 Reset

Discus and support Laptop BSOD even after Win10 Reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I´ve tried posting to reddit with no answers, so Ill try here. Therefore, ill just copy-paste everything from my post: "Hi,Incoming wall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by happyfarm, Oct 15, 2017.

1. happyfarm Win User

Laptop BSOD even after Win10 Reset

Hello,

I´ve tried posting to reddit with no answers, so Ill try here. Therefore, ill just copy-paste everything from my post:

"Hi,Incoming wall of text.
    I´ve recently bought a new laptop, and it´s been working like a charm for 2-3 months.
    Suddenly, a couple of days ago, my PUBG started crashing, and causing my PC to BSOD.
    I could see that it was about the same time as my Geforce 1060GTX had a new driver, as well as when Windows 10 had updated to KB4041676.
    Anyway, I tried a lot of fixes (SFC Scannow, rolled back my Geforce driver, uninstalled Windows 10 update), and nothing helped.
    Suddenly, my PC crashed as well in Rocket League, League of Legends and Divinity: Original Sin 2 as well. Thats when I started to get concerned, as I just thought it was PUBG being badly optimized and such.
    It was a mix of crashes with no reports, crashes with in-game reports, and 3-4 different types of BSODs (Less_or_equal, system_execution and such and such, cant remember the specific ones)
    So, for 3 days Ive tried everything (I admit im not that tech savy), looking at Event Viewer and googling the Event IDs for my crashes.
    However, nothing worked, so I ended up using the Windows 10 Reset and reset my PC to standard builld (keeping my personal files though.).
    Installed PUBG immediately, NOT updating windows - And it crashed after 5 minutes.
    I have no idea what to do.
    My specs are:
    Laptop HP OMEN Win10 64-bit
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
    16 GB Ram
    About dumpfiles and such, please be as specific as possible, cause Im not that tech savy and I dont want to annoy you with asking dump questions all the time *Smile"

BUMP UPDATE #1:
    Just crashed 3 times in PUBG. Just crash reports. However, after this i got BSOD.
    Something endning with "... NOT HANDLED" with (ndis.sys).
    This is the Event Viewer:
    Imgur

UPDATE #2:
    Reset my PC using Windows 10 reset option. The full one.
    PUBG still crashes. Tried Rocket League, and my PC crashed - NO BSOD, just power off.
    In Event Viewer, its the same events as listed. Its always "hpdsklft" causing it as the first event before Kernel-power.

BUMP UPDATE #3
    Just had another BSOD. Playing RL.
    " PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA – dxgkrnl.sys"
    Event same as earlier.

There is goes.

Im suspecting drivers, maybe some HP software being the problem, after googling. I just have no idea how to fix it.

Remember im not that tech savy, so filedumps ELI5 when asking me would be fine, thank you very much!

EDIT:

Just adding that its always are random amount of time before I seem to crash, in all the different games.
    Also, after using the Win10 Reset, I updated Windows 10 to the newest edition, updated graphics using Geforce Experience, and went through ALL drivers with right-click -- update in Device Manager.

:)

happyfarm, Oct 15, 2017
  2. jcbq Win User

Multiple Blue screen errors

I recently installed a new DDR3 8Gb ram into my laptop and IMMEDATELY i received a driver BSOD, a IRQL BSOD, and bak to back to back to back system exception error BSODs. When I powered up the laptop. Thinking that it was an incorrect install of the card
    i swapped them around and nope, same errors back to back to nack to back to back to back. Tried starting it in safe mode and due to my SSD that is impossible

Please any help is requested as the thing is now a glorified power suck of a paper weight

Update: After attempting to reset the bios to WIN10 install it now doesnt even recognize that theres even an operating system on either of the drives (the one it came with, the HDD and the SSD but it DOES recognize that they exist)

So now i cant even get passed the boot BIOS screen as it doesnt even see a boot order nor will it allow me to even SET a boot order

3. Kara1111 Win User
    BSOD even after a reset

I was having a problem with my hp laptop shutting down just after booting up. I did multiple times of updating windows 10 with restarts. Didnt help and then I was loosing my interent wireless. So I deleted that qualcomm network adapter and restarted so
    it would dedault and then I could update the wireles driver. It worked temporarily. Then Im still getting WHEA uncorrectable error. Once I even got a machine check error. I reset the BIOS to default cuz someone suggested overclocking. That didnt help. Did
    chech disk. Did memory diagnostics. Still restarting randomly. Tried a startup repair and would not let me. Also blue screen troubleshooter found no probs. So I finally reset my pc updated all windows n drivers. I was excited everything seemed great. Then
    lose of wifi and a WHEA error. I reset the thing so now I dont know what to do.

Kara1111, Oct 15, 2017
  4. happyfarm Win User

UPDATE #1:

Just had new crash. Not BDOS, but this :

"the instruction at 0x00000 referenced memory at 0x00000. the memory could not be read"

Ive had a lot of these. Just trying to give more info.

happyfarm, Oct 15, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Hi happyfarm, welcome to tenforums.

Before posting a BSOD thread, please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
    If you need to add new information, please make a new post in your initial BSOD thread. Please do not make an extra new thread.

Laptop BSOD even after Win10 Reset [​IMG]
    Please do not post anything other than Windows 10 Blue Screen Of Death problems in this section.

Ztruker, Oct 15, 2017
  6. Hi mate,

What is PUBG first and foremost.. also it sounds like you might have dodgy RAM or the game that you are playing is corrupted depending on the media method you are using. Also try running your laptop in high performance mode for power settings and see if you can get a pattern as to when the system crashes such as twenty minutes in or when put under pressure by multiple apps etc.

Suggest you run task manager at the front of your screen whilst playing so you can see what is running at the time of crash and performance as well.

Is this a custom build or straight out the box?

OEMonsterz, Oct 15, 2017
  7. happyfarm Win User
    Ztruker, Ill do that, sorry!

OEMonsterz, Its a gaming laptop, HP OMEN, straight out of the box. 2-3 months old.

Played 30 hours of PUBG no problems. Suddenly it started crashing and getting med BSOD. Also now in other games.
    Its extremely random - sometimes on launch, sometimes after 20 minutes, sometimes 2 minutes.

I dont think RAM is dodgy, ive run all the tests i could find. Im not sure however.

happyfarm, Oct 15, 2017
  8. happyfarm Win User

LAPTOP-KNLE1P34-16_10_2017_20_04_04,56.zip

Heres the log *Smile

happyfarm, Oct 15, 2017
  9. Laptops can take impact and move RAM. Sounds mad I know. Make sure it is seated properly.

Also have you run all the usual checks such as sfc /scannow

Have you done a disk cleanup? If not, clear all event logs. Every log and run a disk cleanup as administrator. tick all boxes and run it and the restart. Make sure laptop is plugged in to mains.

OEMonsterz, Oct 15, 2017
  10. Plankton Win User
    Plankton, Oct 15, 2017
  11. happyfarm Win User
    OEMonsterz:

Yeah I know, but Ive been taking care of it, and its pretty bulky, but youre right that its a possibility. Still weird that the crashes are so random tho, is a RAM is busted.

Ive done /scannow yes, and other restorehealth / CMD commands *Smile

I have NOT done a disk cleanup though - Can you be specific? I do wanna point out that I have formatted my PC using the Windows 10 Reset option though, so there shouldnt be a lot to clean up.

Since its an HP laptop, it comes with some HP software / bloatware even after reset - And Im suspecting those, together with new Geforce Driver / windows 10 update are causing problems.

Im up for disk cleanup though if you can guide me through, please *Smile Thanks.

happyfarm, Oct 15, 2017
  12. happyfarm Win User
    happyfarm, Oct 15, 2017
  13. happyfarm Win User

UPDATE:

Just had two BSODS.

Kernal_security_check_failure
    AND
    Interrupt_Exception_not_handled.

If you need logs or event viewer let me know. Just fyi *Smile

happyfarm, Oct 15, 2017
  14. happyfarm Win User
    UPDATE 2:

Alright, after 3 BSODS, ive been tracking time and looking in event viewer.

Every time, the first error is Event ID 1001, Source: hpdskflt.sys. It says the following:

"The description for Event ID 1001 from source hpdskflt cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.The following information was included with the event: The request is not supported"

Having not a lot of tech-knowledge, it seems like a faulty driver, no? Ive been googling and its seems to be a HP-driver - which makes sense since this PC is HP.

ALSO!
    In system32, ive found the driver. When I hit properties, and "Digital signatures", there is 2 - the last being Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher from 12. oct - About the time my PC broke. None of the other drivers have this.

So, what do I do? Is this the cause of my pc crashes? Do I delete it or repair?

happyfarm, Oct 15, 2017
  15. zbook New Member
    Whenever you have a BSOD please post a zip so that it can be troubleshooted:

BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

Many HP computer already have BIOS UEFI diagnostics.
    HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

If you open HP.com > software and drivers > enter the computer's serial or product number > download and install the most up to date version of the UEFI diagnostics.
    Or download version 6.4 from: HP PC Hardware Diagnostics | HP® Official Site

Power on the computer in the evening and repetitively click the F2 or F10 key and run the UEFI diagnostics in loop until failure mode. Allow it to loop overnight and the next day click the keyboard escape key to end the testing.
    If there was a failure (even the battery) it will display an error code and the testing will be incomplete.
    Report into the thread the HP BIOS UEFI diagnostic test results. See if you can get at least 2 loops. The duration of testing is most impacted by the amount of RAM and size of the drive.

Code: 16/10/2017 14.42 Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 50 P2: ffffba00cb77a750 P3: 0 P4: fffff800ce5b6abc P5: 2 P6: 10_0_15063 P7: 0_0 P8: 768_1 P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\101617-6687-01.dmp \\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WER-7468-0.sysdata.xml \\?\C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER28C5.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER28E4.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER28F5.tmp.txt These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_50_8490c485e73e5f4e1ae8c615b1dbbeaee03725_00000000_cab_0b203c5d Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report ID: b94a3ef7-7181-44a9-844e-e96b23046449 Report Status: 2049 Hashed bucket:16/10/2017 14.42 Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 50 P2: ffffba00cb77a750 P3: 0 P4: fffff800ce5b6abc P5: 2 P6: 10_0_15063 P7: 0_0 P8: 768_1 P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\101617-6687-01.dmp \\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WER-7468-0.sysdata.xml \\?\C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER28C5.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER28E4.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER28F5.tmp.txt These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_50_8490c485e73e5f4e1ae8c615b1dbbeaee03725_00000000_033c2904 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report ID: b94a3ef7-7181-44a9-844e-e96b23046449 Report Status: 4 Hashed bucket:[/quote]

zbook, Oct 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Laptop BSOD even after Win10 Reset - Similar Threads - Laptop BSOD Win10

2. Constant random BSOD even after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant random BSOD even after reset: Hello there!I've been having this issue for embarrassingly enough, months. I would look it up, think I fixed it, and it would go away for a few days. I have done so many things such as DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, sfc /scannow, windows memory diagnostic,...
  3. BSoD even after system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD even after system reset: Hi,I've had my Lenovo Laptop with Windows 11 for a little of a year now. Recently it will crash periodically every couple hours with either "bad pool caller" and "kernel mode heap corruption. I though an entire system reboot would solve the problem but it did not. I have also...
  4. BSoD even after system reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD even after system reset: Hi,I've had my Lenovo Laptop with Windows 11 for a little of a year now. Recently it will crash periodically every couple hours with either "bad pool caller" and "kernel mode heap corruption. I though an entire system reboot would solve the problem but it did not. I have also...
  5. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD even after Windows reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ntoskrnl.exe BSOD even after Windows reset: I have had 2 BSOD in the last 2 weeks, i reset my Windows some time ago and it stopped crashing, but it started again recently, i did a RAM test and it said everything was good, CrystalDiskInfo was all my drives are good. I always crashes when i'm away from my PC.I suspect it...
  6. Running into BSOD, even after reset

Running into BSOD, even after reset: Hi, I am running into BSOD even after windows reset, below are the details from the debugger. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19041.1 X86 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\083020-11812-01.dmp]...
  7. Constant BSOD even after system reset

Constant BSOD even after system reset: Hello. For months I have been suffering from constant BSODs, especially when playing games, but it can happen at random too. I recently made a system reset hoping it would fix the problem, but when I tried playing one of the games that used to cause me a great amount of...
  8. Recurring BSODs, even after reset.

Recurring BSODs, even after reset.: I have been getting multiple BSODs on my computer, during normal use. The errors show mostly CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED or UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. I then did tests on my RAM, HDD, ran SFC, DISM and reinstalled drivers. I still got them after that, so I got fed up and did a...
  9. BSOD even after full reset

BSOD even after full reset: Yesterday I started getting BSOD errors randomly. Happened 3 times, was all very sudden. I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic a few times, all checked out. I formatted and reinstalled Windows, hoping to have everything fixed. After reinstalling some of my programs, another BSOD...
  10. BSOD after upgrade to Win10/trouble "Resetting" Win10/

BSOD after upgrade to Win10/trouble "Resetting" Win10/: A few months back I: Purchased a new Samsung 850 EVO SSHD and also upgraded from Win7 to Win10. After the upgrade I started experiencing seemingly random system lock-ups. They occur one of two ways: 1. happens periodically when the system is left running on the desktop....