Windows 10: Laptop BSOD varying error codes only when under load

Discus and support Laptop BSOD varying error codes only when under load in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Model: Asus Zenbook Pro 15 UX550GE I purchased this laptop a little over a year ago and didn't have any problems with it up until about a month ago.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Raaambie, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Raaambie Win User

Laptop BSOD varying error codes only when under load

Model: Asus Zenbook Pro 15 UX550GE

I purchased this laptop a little over a year ago and didn't have any problems with it up until about a month ago. It didn't see any use during quarantine, as I only used my desktop, but when I fired it up for the first time in a few months and tried to play a game I was greeted with a BSOD after about 5 minutes of playing. I thought maybe it was just an issue with the particular game but the problem persisted and to this day a BSOD appears anytime the laptop is under load for more than 2 minutes or so, though sometimes shorter. I am able to run light processes and general day-to-day use with no problems browsing the web, spotify, microsft teams. The BSOD only appears when I try to run a game/stress test/a lot of programs at once. I know BSOD's are usually caused by driver issues, so for past few weeks I've tried a variety of things to fix this. So far I have tried...

-fresh install of windows through settings, not an additional drive

-fresh start oem software for asus and McAfee were preloaded on to the new windows install so I used fresh start to get rid of them

-installed all drivers for this model from asus website, as well as GeForce experience for the GPU drivers

-also installed the recommended drivers from Intels website

-Memory Diagnostic Tool checked event viewer and found no issues

-checked health of drives using windows chkdsk and found no issues

-undervolting cpu through intel xtu

-probably more that I'm forgetting it's been quite the process

When I played games on this laptop last year I noticed the thermals were pretty bad so I bought and continue to use a laptop cooling pad. I thought maybe the BSOD was due to thermals, thus I tried undervolting the cpu in IXTU. Though it didn't thermal throttle, a BSOD still appeared while trying to run a stress test.

I don't really know what else to try and I'm starting to think it's a hardware issue. The RAM is soldered so I can't do a whole lot there but I might try replacing the SSD here soon. Does anyone have any experience with a problem like this or any recommendations as to what I should try next? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The most popular of the codes are:

• PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

:)

Raaambie, Sep 14, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Sep 14, 2020
  3. JLC
    jlc Win User
    Occasional BSOD with varying error codes

Recently, I've started to get BSOD's- one every few days or so. I've already run all of the disk checking I could find, as well as a memtest, and everything has come up clear. I started collecting the minidumps recently, but as far as I can tell, they're all leading in different directions.

They don't happen when doing anything in particular. More have happened when playing games than when not playing games, but they still happen pretty randomly. My computer has no OEM crap-ware on it, and has been stable until recently. I've checked for driver updates and BIOS updates, but even after updating a few things that had newer versions available, there's still no change.

I've searched for relevant information for all of the error codes I've gotten, but nothing has really helped.

I don't know how to upload the minidumps, but here are three of them analyzed with windbg: heylookitwasicuethistime - Pastebin.com bsod data - Pastebin.com again - Pastebin.com

Hardware: System Builder

Error codes: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, BAD POOL HEADER, SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

4. Laptop BSOD varying error codes only when under load

BSOD error codes HELP!!!!!!

yeah, i did the chkdsk /r and passed it. I was not aware of needing to run sfc at the time as most everything i had found indicated Bad sectors as the cause. The codes are 2 separate codes. The system had had problems posting and the Mobo had previously been replaced. As soon as the Cx received the system he started getting the BSOD errors.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Laptop BSOD varying error codes only when under load

1. Laptop BSOD varying error codes only when under load - Similar Threads - Laptop BSOD varying

2. Multiple BSOD's of varying error codes. 3b, ef

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD's of varying error codes. 3b, ef: I've been having weird BSOD's over the past few weeks, been trying to troubleshoot on my own but clearly too stupid to understand the walls of text that are dump files, and lacking technical knowhow to do anything with what little I can figure out.I have 3 drives total, C...
  3. Multiple BSOD's of varying error codes. 3b, ef

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD's of varying error codes. 3b, ef: I've been having weird BSOD's over the past few weeks, been trying to troubleshoot on my own but clearly too stupid to understand the walls of text that are dump files, and lacking technical knowhow to do anything with what little I can figure out.I have 3 drives total, C...
  4. Repeated BSODs with Varying Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated BSODs with Varying Errors: Sysinfo: DriveHi,I've been getting various BSODs after seemingly random tasks - things like watching Youtube, installing programs, and playing specifically LDPlayer Emulator games. Weirdly enough, I've never had a crash when playing more graphically intensive games like...
  5. Repeated BSODs with Varying Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated BSODs with Varying Errors: Sysinfo: DriveHi,I've been getting various BSODs after seemingly random tasks - things like watching Youtube, installing programs, and playing specifically LDPlayer Emulator games. Weirdly enough, I've never had a crash when playing more graphically intensive games like...
  6. Random BSOD errors of varying codes

Random BSOD errors of varying codes: I have been getting random BSOD errors for a while, sometimes I get 5 in 1 day, and sometimes I get none in 1 week, it is very random. I have tried most of the recommended fixes for the codes I get and none seem to work. Here is a zipped file containing the 5 most recent BSOD...
  7. Recent BSODs with Varying Stop Codes

Recent BSODs with Varying Stop Codes: Recently, I had 5 BSODs at seemingly varying times -- not during game/app startup or anything. The stop codes have been PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, etc. Looking them up, they seem to be very unspecific and related to drivers or Windows updates....
  8. Frequent BSOD with varying errors

Frequent BSOD with varying errors: Hello, I am experiencing frequent BSOD errors while using my desktop running Windows 10. Most frequently the error is a Kernel_Security_Check_Failure however I have also seen "IQR Not Less or Equal" and "KMode exception not handled". None of these error codes are ever...
  9. Daily crashes with varying BSOD codes

Daily crashes with varying BSOD codes: For several days, I have been getting several different codes and I need some help trying to track down the issue. I have uploaded the minidump files to my public Onedrive along with the events from the past month. I don't think all instances are listed as I had to restart...
  10. Frequent BSODs at random times with varying error codes

Frequent BSODs at random times with varying error codes: Hello, I am experiencing frequent BSODs that occur at seemingly random times, and I would really appreciate your help. (The debug files from DM log collector are attached.) Here are some variables that can help with a diagnosis: - Disabling all startup programs...