Windows 10: Laptop BSOD when plugged in

Discus and support Laptop BSOD when plugged in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get a bsod with a different error message everytime i plug in the charger and use my laptop, on battery i never a bsod.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AyushDube1, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Laptop BSOD when plugged in

I get a bsod with a different error message everytime i plug in the charger and use my laptop, on battery i never a bsod.

:)

AyushDube1, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Laptop Screen goes dark when I Plug in or plug out.

Hi Haifz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your laptop screen goes black while plugging the charger.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the model number of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Outdated or corrupt driver.
    • Missing Windows Updates.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all the latest device drivers including graphics and chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website.

http://support.asus.com/download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 21, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Aug 21, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Laptop BSOD when plugged in

battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Laptop BSOD when plugged in

1. Laptop BSOD when plugged in - Similar Threads - Laptop BSOD plugged

2. My laptop bsod when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop bsod when plugged in: It’s a nitro an515-53. It happens randomly too, it would work just fine for like 5 minutes and then blue screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-bsod-when-plugged-in/967d87bf-c9be-4b9e-bf53-1fbb6b58a876
  3. My laptop bsod when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop bsod when plugged in: It’s a nitro an515-53. It happens randomly too, it would work just fine for like 5 minutes and then blue screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-bsod-when-plugged-in/967d87bf-c9be-4b9e-bf53-1fbb6b58a876
  4. My laptop bsod when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD When Laptop is Plugged In

BSOD When Laptop is Plugged In: Hello all,I've been having a fairly persistent problem for awhile now, and I am finally at the end of my rope in trying to fix it myself. I have been getting daily BSODs on my laptop. These crashes can occur at any time, regardless of what I am doing, or even if I'm not doing...
  6. BSOD When Laptop is Plugged In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD When Laptop is Plugged In: Hello all,I've been having a fairly persistent problem for awhile now, and I am finally at the end of my rope in trying to fix it myself. I have been getting daily BSODs on my laptop. These crashes can occur at any time, regardless of what I am doing, or even if I'm not doing...
  7. Constant BSOD Especially when Laptop is Plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD Especially when Laptop is Plugged in: I have been having constant BSOD's that can happen more than 10 times a day. I've tried almost every possible solution I can find online sfc/scannow, chkdsk C:, memtest86, testdisk and have found zero issues from it. The BSOD mainly happens when I plug my charger in...
  8. Constant BSOD Especially when Laptop is Plugged in

Constant BSOD Especially when Laptop is Plugged in: I have been having constant BSOD's that can happen more than 10 times a day. I've tried almost every possible solution I can find online sfc/scannow, chkdsk C:, memtest86, testdisk and have found zero issues from it. The BSOD mainly happens when I plug my charger in...
  9. BSOD when Laptop Plugged In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when Laptop Plugged In: I started getting BSOD with the error related to the driver iastorvd.sys attempting to write onto a read only area of RAMAttempted to replace the drive manually, attempted all the fixes using Intel Rapid Storage software updates, rolling back computer Updated to Windows 11...
  10. BSOD when Laptop Plugged In

BSOD when Laptop Plugged In: I started getting BSOD with the error related to the driver iastorvd.sys attempting to write onto a read only area of RAMAttempted to replace the drive manually, attempted all the fixes using Intel Rapid Storage software updates, rolling back computer Updated to Windows 11...