Windows 10: Laptop bsods and is unable to reset itself

Discus and support Laptop bsods and is unable to reset itself in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, i wanna start off by saying im not the most tech savvy guy around so i hope i dont miss anything important and make everything clear. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rodrigo Baganha, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Laptop bsods and is unable to reset itself

Hello, i wanna start off by saying im not the most tech savvy guy around so i hope i dont miss anything important and make everything clear.

This whole thing started when my laptop bsod a some days ago, i noticed it never lasted long before it started doing it, ive gotten thus far 2 diferent error codes, the one being more common "system service exception" and the other "memory management", this one not as common and i think it happened due to me doing something specific, not sure what tho.

Ive never had any bsod in this laptop before and it did seem to happen in a rather random way. It seemed fine last time i used it. I didnt download anything lately, i mostly use it to watch streams/videos or be on discord. There was a new version in the updates 20h2 but anytime i tried to transfer it, it just bsod. I've noticed its a lot slower as well, booting, opening files etc.

Anything i tried to troubleshoot the issue has, for the most part, resulted in a blue screen: chkdsk, sfc scan, updates. The computer staying on for a while just bsods eventually, and if you try to do something on it, it just does it faster. The most intriging thing for me however tho is anything i do once the laptop boots doesnt matter once i restart it or shut it down, ive deleted files, tried to start in safe mode, it always boots with regular windows, same files still available. Ive tried to reset the pc from the recovery menu in settings but again it just booted up the same way, i tried to reset it from the boot menu twice but it canceled the reset both times, it did at around 3%. Tried to open the cmd from the boot menu as well, but it only resulted in a reset from the laptop.

I tried to take out the drive and format it in another pc however, i believe the drive is built-in the laptop acer aspire 1 a114-32 so its impossible for me to reach it, saw some guides but they never seem to get to the drive either. Booted up windows installer from a usb drive and to my surprise it actually worked. Unfortunately i wasnt able to format the disk or install windows not enough space left, wasnt able to format or delete partitions either.

At this point im running out of ideas on what to do, anything i try in the os, it doesnt matter since itll either just bsod or not save whatever i do once i restart it. I cant access the hardware, and other means like the installer have proved to be unsucessful as well.

If anyone has any ideas on how to help please feel free to post.

Thank you for your time.

:)

Rodrigo Baganha, Apr 19, 2021
  2. Clem Win User

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Laptop bsods and is unable to reset itself

Laptop starts work slower and shows BSOD

No, there was no minidump file.

After 4th BSOD, I did the following:

Hopefully, it will solve the issue. I'll post here if BSOD will happen again.

Roman 5678, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Laptop bsods and is unable to reset itself

1. Laptop bsods and is unable to reset itself - Similar Threads - Laptop bsods unable

2. Unable to reset Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reset Laptop: There is a virus in my laptopand I am trying to reset my laptop but I am unable to do so.i was unable to open settings so I used command prompt to open WinRe but the reset option is missing there.When I am clicking on troubleshoot in WinRe it is directly taking me to advanced...
  3. Unable to reset Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset Laptop: There is a virus in my laptopand I am trying to reset my laptop but I am unable to do so.i was unable to open settings so I used command prompt to open WinRe but the reset option is missing there.When I am clicking on troubleshoot in WinRe it is directly taking me to advanced...
  4. My laptop suddenly factory reset by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop suddenly factory reset by itself: My laptop was on sleep mode before this happened. When I opened it and left it on lockscreen mode, it suddenly rebooted and then said “Resetting this PC”. Now, I’m stuck in the Windows Repair Environment. I tried doing Reset PC then Keep my files, but it didn’t work. I cannot...
  5. Laptop just completely reset itself!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop just completely reset itself!: HiI have a Dell XPS13 on Windows 10 10.0.19044. It was running very slow and then froze completely, unable to move mouse or use keyboard. I held the power button down to turn it off and on. When it turned back on I scanned my finger, and it said something was wrong with...
  6. Laptop just completely reset itself!

Laptop just completely reset itself!: HiI have a Dell XPS13 on Windows 10 10.0.19044. It was running very slow and then froze completely, unable to move mouse or use keyboard. I held the power button down to turn it off and on. When it turned back on I scanned my finger, and it said something was wrong with...
  7. Laptop just completely reset itself!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My Laptop Reset Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Reset Itself: When I booted up my laptop today, it waited a little bit at the log on screen saying 'Preparing Windows"When It logged on, My desktop, Personal User folder Files, Pre-installed Apps, 3rd party app settings, Explorer Folder Options settings, Themes were gone. And disabled...
  9. My Laptop Reset Itself

My Laptop Reset Itself: When I booted up my laptop today, it waited a little bit at the log on screen saying 'Preparing Windows"When It logged on, My desktop, Personal User folder Files, Pre-installed Apps, 3rd party app settings, Explorer Folder Options settings, Themes were gone. And disabled...
  10. Windows 10 Laptop Resetting Itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Laptop Resetting Itself: Never had problems with it until recently. It seems as if it randomly logs out, then turns itself off. Even during the Recovery screen, it stays on for less than a minute before turning itself off. I am using a school login which might cause some organization issues. The...