Windows 10: Laptop built in webcam not working at all

Discus and support Laptop built in webcam not working at all in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a GP75 LEOPARD 10SEK laptop, and while the built-in webcam used to work well enough, it seems to now have dropped off the face of the Earth. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Drewmeister11, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Laptop built in webcam not working at all

I have a GP75 LEOPARD 10SEK laptop, and while the built-in webcam used to work well enough, it seems to now have dropped off the face of the Earth.

I tried activating it with FN+F6.

I went into Device Manger and found it there. Tried updating drivers, said they were up to date. In following the advice that came up on Google, I uninstalled the driver and restarted the computer as I'd been told the computer would automatically install the latest driver. It did not, and now there is no camera option in my Device Manager at all. I've selected 'View Hidden' and checked for hardware changes. Nothing.

I tried fully installing all the latest Windows updates.

I did a troubleshoot for hardware and devices.

I turned off my anti-virus.

I even used the little pinhole underneath the laptop at the suggestion of MSI tech support.

It still shows nothing. Any attempt to use a webcam software says either that no camera is detected, or gives me an error message.

I don't know what else to do here. I need that camera as my school lessons are using Zoom.

Get the message 'We can't find your camera' with the error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> which is odd since it's built into my laptop.

:)

Drewmeister11, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Rin3105 Win User

No Built-In Laptop Webcam Detected

Hi. I have been encountering problems with my Lenovo G40-70 laptop webcam after installing Windows 10 1903 on it. The webcam's driver and the section Imaging devices are missing in Device Manager, but however, I notice the Unknown USB Device (Device Descript Request Failed) in Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    When I tried to access the webcam with Camera app, it says "We cannot find your camera" with error code 0xA00F4244.
    I have tried different ways to fix it, manually installing drivers from my laptop brand's support site, updating and uninstalling the faulty driver but so far nothing worked.
    Please help me, I have been struggling with this problem for hours and now I'm completely lost.
    Here's my Device Manager list:

Laptop built in webcam not working at all [​IMG]

Rin3105, Sep 1, 2020
  3. WiIfred P Win User
    install webcam on msi laptop

Hi 1papertiger,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about installing webcam on MSI laptops.

Most laptops have a built-in webcam on it, If it's not working, there's a problem with the driver or settings of it.

Step1: I request you to check for Hidden Devices in Device Manager. Please refer to these steps:

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

b. Click on View and select Show Hidden Devices.

c. Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.

d. If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select Update Driver Software.

e. Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.

Step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter and check if you receive any error messages.

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.

b. Click on it and click on Hardware and Sound.

c. Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the prompted steps.

If the laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam on it, you would need to purchase an external webcam, plug it on your laptop and driver will download automatically.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Laptop built in webcam not working at all

Built-in webcam not working

I own a lenovo laptop and the webcam was working fine before this recent update. Now it's not even listed in device manager went through Microsoft's webcam fix guide nothing helped. Anyone else also facing this issue ?

Thanks in advance/Kasturi

KasturiKumari, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Laptop built in webcam not working at all

1. Laptop built in webcam not working at all - Similar Threads - Laptop built webcam

2. Built in webcam not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in webcam not working: My Asus Vivobook with Windows 11 has been unable to access the built-in camera for months. I have tried every troubleshooting, restart, uninstall, repair, reset, and disabling anti-virus but no matter what I do I continually get an 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> error code....
  3. Built in webcam not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built in webcam not working: My Asus Vivobook with Windows 11 has been unable to access the built-in camera for months. I have tried every troubleshooting, restart, uninstall, repair, reset, and disabling anti-virus but no matter what I do I continually get an 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> error code....
  4. my built in webcam is not working!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my built in webcam is not working!!!: i recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and my in built webcam is not working i have tried finding some drivers but the drivers do not work! please help me fix this....
  5. my built in webcam is not working!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my built in webcam is not working!!!: i recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and my in built webcam is not working i have tried finding some drivers but the drivers do not work! please help me fix this....
  6. my built in webcam is not working!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Built-in Webcam not working

Built-in Webcam not working: My built-in Webcam does not work anymore on my Acer Lap Top. The camera app doesn't detect a camera, neither does any other app on the device Skype, Zoom, Google Meet, WhatsApp.... I have tried every suggestion on the page below, restarted the computer several times and...
  8. Built-in webcam not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Built-in webcam not working: I own a lenovo laptop and the webcam was working fine before this recent update. Now it's not even listed in device manager went through Microsoft's webcam fix guide nothing helped. Anyone else also facing this issue ? Thanks in advance/Kasturi...
  9. built-in webcam not working

built-in webcam not working: My built in webcam can't be found on my HP envy using windows 10. How do I resinstall? There is no area for "camera" or "imaging devices" under my device driver....
  10. No Built-In Laptop Webcam Detected

No Built-In Laptop Webcam Detected: Hi. I have been encountering problems with my Lenovo G40-70 laptop webcam after installing Windows 10 1903 on it. The webcam's driver and the section Imaging devices are missing in Device Manager, but however, I notice the Unknown USB Device (Device Descript Request Failed)...