Windows 10: Laptop camera and microphone not working?

Discus and support Laptop camera and microphone not working? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop's integrated camera just doesn't work. It used to a couple of months back but it doesn't anymore. When i open up the camera app, it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hashashinash, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Laptop camera and microphone not working?

My laptop's integrated camera just doesn't work. It used to a couple of months back but it doesn't anymore. When i open up the camera app, it just stays at the page where the camera icon is shown, it never gets past that page, and it isn't just an issue with that app. Skype says that it can't detect a camera either. I have an online meeting in a few hours. I don't know what to do about the microphone either. It doesn't detect that either. The small little light that turns on when the camera is in use doesn't turn on either. Please help!

submitted by /u/hashashinash
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hashashinash, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Mar 16, 2020
  3. camera n microphone not working all of a sudden

Hi,

To assist you better with your camera and microphone not working, we need the following information:

• What device are you using when trying to use your camera and microphone?
    • What is the exact error message?

You may want to check possible troubleshooting steps
    here

Let us know how it goes.

Christian Mart, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Laptop camera and microphone not working?

camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Laptop camera and microphone not working?

1. Laptop camera and microphone not working? - Similar Threads - Laptop camera microphone

2. Camera & microphone stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera & microphone stopped working: I have been using my camera and microphone for several years and for the last two years with Zoom meetings. It worked as recently as January 20, 2022. Suddenly, I am getting a message that my computer does not recognize my camera or microphone. How do I fix this?...
  3. Camera & microphone stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera & microphone stopped working: I have been using my camera and microphone for several years and for the last two years with Zoom meetings. It worked as recently as January 20, 2022. Suddenly, I am getting a message that my computer does not recognize my camera or microphone. How do I fix this?...
  4. Camera and Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera and Microphone not working: i have tried everything in settings, unplugging, restarting and nothing works. HELP[Original Title: camera and microphone] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone-not-working/6e2fe666-82c2-4273-a937-20cd02deaeef
  5. Camera and microphone not working

Camera and microphone not working: Hello. I recently restarted my PC Windows 10, and when I opened it up to join a meeting, the microphone and camera wouldn't work. Later, I found out that it said "NoCamerasAreAttached". Although this error only showed up for camera input, my microphone doesn't work either...
  6. Camera and microphone not working!

Camera and microphone not working!: Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm having trouble with my camera and microphone and keep getting an error when trying to use facebook messenger or any video chat platform. i have allowed all access to the apps that need it but can not get it working. I have...
  7. Camera and microphone not working on Surface Laptop

Camera and microphone not working on Surface Laptop: The camera and microphone on my surface laptop have stopped working for all apps, including the "camera" app, zoom, Facebook messenger etc. Previously I had an issue with Facebook messenger where the solution was to disable the IR camera. I couldn't use Face ID but at least...
  8. microphone on camera not working

microphone on camera not working: When trying to use webcam receive error message: 0xA00F429C<MicrophoneNotAvailable> 0xC00DABE0 I have checked settings 7 privacy to to ensure access is on Thanks...
  9. microphone and camera not working

microphone and camera not working: I cannot find neither microphone nor web-camera in the Device Manager (Windows 10 pro). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-and-camera-not-working/63e58dd5-63ea-4063-b986-c0e280ebe360
  10. Microphone and Camera not working.

Microphone and Camera not working.: Hi there, i have a problem with my Toshiba laptop, running Windows 10. I wanted to call someone on Discord, but then it tells me my microphone doesnt work. Later on, i noticed my camera doesnt work! Help? I've reinstalled, disabled and enabled these devices! Its...