Windows 10: Laptop camera keeps dropping off of device manager, Win 1903

Discus and support Laptop camera keeps dropping off of device manager, Win 1903 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Acer AspireV5-571P i5 laptop with built in camera and touch screen. Factory installed OS was windows 8. Currently running Win 10 1903. No camera... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by n2ubp, Jul 29, 2019.

1. n2ubp Win User

Laptop camera keeps dropping off of device manager, Win 1903

Acer AspireV5-571P i5 laptop with built in camera and touch screen.
    Factory installed OS was windows 8.
    Currently running Win 10 1903.
    No camera drivers available from Acer support page.
    When found by device manager camera uses Microsoft web cam driver usbvideo.inf_amd64_9b8f255414f29099.
    Camera drops off of device manager when being used for a few minutes with Skype and require multiple Windows restarts to get it to show up again on device manager, but then disappears while being used.

Trying to determine if this is a driver, hardware, or software issue.
    Guidance appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve

:)

n2ubp, Jul 29, 2019

2. Camera App not working and no camera is found in device manager under sound video and gaming controllers

Apologies for the late response. Is there no imaging devices listed in the Device Manager? I also suggest that you download the camera driver from the manufacturer's website and see if it will work.

Keep us posted.

Radney Dri, Jul 29, 2019
  3. FigenIsik Win User
    built in camera is not listed in device manager

Thank you so much for your effort but camera is not listed in device manager, so I cannot do what you suggested. Thank you.

FigenIsik, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Laptop camera keeps dropping off of device manager, Win 1903

The Device manager not working properly - can't select "Action" tab - no drop-down menu

Lost Audio, sound, bluetooth, camera, and microphone icons in the device manager after the 1709 upgrade. can't upgrade with drivers i there's nothing to select to update, de-, or re-install. One next step that was suggested was to select the "Action" tab
    in the device manager, and select "scan for hardware changes" from the drop-down menu. Tried; there is no action when i click action. No drop-down menu. Any suggestions?

Obviously something went wrong with the upgrade - my laptop worked great before it. I have reset and done two new clean installs with same result, it boots up with a red X next to the speaker symbol, and when i go in to the device manager all those features
    are missing.

Appreciate any help i can get,

Thanks

Catherine C_1919, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Laptop camera keeps dropping off of device manager, Win 1903

1. Laptop camera keeps dropping off of device manager, Win 1903 - Similar Threads - Laptop camera keeps

2. Camera Missing In Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Missing In Device Manager: My Camera is not showing in Device Manager. Before I did a scan for any changes I noticed the name in which I named my computer during one of the requests when setting up the Windows 11 installation was not there however after the scan the name was there and when I opened it...
  3. Camera Missing In Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera Missing In Device Manager: My Camera is not showing in Device Manager. Before I did a scan for any changes I noticed the name in which I named my computer during one of the requests when setting up the Windows 11 installation was not there however after the scan the name was there and when I opened it...
  4. Camera not found in device manager

Camera not found in device manager: Hello, when I open my camera app I receive an error notification that they cannot find my camera. I have tried to update my camera settings and my general settings too but I just cannot find the camera in the device manager and am unable to install a camera driver. Could you...
  5. CAMERA NOT FOUND IN DEVICE MANAGER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CAMERA NOT FOUND IN DEVICE MANAGER: Am unable to find Camera in Device manager...and i cant even use my camera here am sharing the screen shots of the issue mentioned...Please help me.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-found-in-device-manager/7dc42636-382f-4434-a694-1b5f421756f5
  6. Laptop camera missing. no longer in device manager

Laptop camera missing. no longer in device manager: I have an ASUS Vivobook 15 x505z bq034t running on Windows 10 home. Been using it for almost 2 years now and until last week i never had problems with my drivers. I upgraded my laptop last week, inserting a samsung 860 evo m2 sata ssd in the free m2 slot for efficiency on...
  7. In-built camera "dropping out" of device manager

In-built camera "dropping out" of device manager: My in-built camera on my HP All-in-one pc has suddenly started "dropping out" If I look in device manager the camera isn't listed, but a usb device is highlighted as an issue, if I disable then enable that usb device the camera returns to the Device manager listing and...
  8. Web Camera on Laptop keeps going ON and OFF

Web Camera on Laptop keeps going ON and OFF: Good day, so I don't usually use my laptop's camera, however due to the pandemic and safety restrictions, I had to download Zoom and use it. However, when I use my camera it keeps coming on and going off light comes on and then off and it goes like that. I uninstalled the...
  9. Camera and Device Manager

Camera and Device Manager: My camera app has the error "We can't find your camera" with the error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> and camera is not showing up in device manager. I have tried so many things, including making sure the camera is turned on in privacy settings, checking that my...
  10. CAMERA NOT IN DEVICE MANAGER

CAMERA NOT IN DEVICE MANAGER: ERROR MESSAGE (CAMERA NOT FOUND) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-in-device-manager/d81a9029-d6ad-48e7-a1ac-78196a6ce2dd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usbvideo.inf_amd64_9b8f255414f29099

2. usbvideo.inf

3. driver usbvideo.inf_amd64_9b8f255414f29099