Windows 10: Laptop camera missing. no longer in device manager

Discus and support Laptop camera missing. no longer in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an ASUS Vivobook 15 x505z bq034t running on Windows 10 home. Been using it for almost 2 years now and until last week i never had problems with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NicoOcampo1, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Laptop camera missing. no longer in device manager

I have an ASUS Vivobook 15 x505z bq034t running on Windows 10 home. Been using it for almost 2 years now and until last week i never had problems with my drivers.

I upgraded my laptop last week, inserting a samsung 860 evo m2 sata ssd in the free m2 slot for efficiency on my work. After that i made a fresh install of windows which i made using the windows media tool on a flashdrive. Encountered a problem windows cant be installed on the ssd which i fixed using a solution i found online something about using diskpart and cleaning the drive idk if this is related but im adding to be sure.

Anyway it was all going good after that and i was happy with the ssd but days later i found out my camera is no longer working. I thought its just because i had it disabled which i usually do because im quite worried and cautious, and i only enable it when im going on an online meeting.

But when i went to the device manager its no longer there. I searched online and found out that there is a Hidden Devices section on the device manager and i saw the Camera device there. But unfortunately, the enable option is grayed out, cant do anything to it except uninstall it, and so i did because ive read online that windows is supposed to automatically reinstall it with the latest drivers after restarting the PC. But no, it didnt, and now im left with a device manager with no Camera device what so ever.

Been trying a couple of solutions i found online to no avail. Used Snappy driver installer i just installed the drivers which were recommended for my pc, coz i dont know which is which, but still nope.

My laptop does not have a physical switch for the webcam and i believe it is physically fine and is only a matter of missing drivers or something due to the fresh installation of windows.

Hope you could help me out on this one and Happy Holidays!

:)

NicoOcampo1, Dec 19, 2020

2. internal camera not working integrated camera not in device manager

My internal camera is no longer working on my ASUS F550 with Windows 10 64 bit

In my device manager in the imaging tab the integrated camera is not listed; only my MX920 canon printer is listed

Does that mean a driver is missing or a card is missing.

RICHARDREITER1, Dec 19, 2020
  3. BallZz Win User
    Camera Missing from Device manager

Using my laptop camera after a long time. It says camera not attached. So, I went into device manager to check but webcam is nowhere listed there. This is strange because it's an inbuilt camera.

BallZz, Dec 19, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Laptop camera missing. no longer in device manager

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Laptop camera missing. no longer in device manager

1. Laptop camera missing. no longer in device manager - Similar Threads - Laptop camera missing

2. Camera Missing In Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Missing In Device Manager: My Camera is not showing in Device Manager. Before I did a scan for any changes I noticed the name in which I named my computer during one of the requests when setting up the Windows 11 installation was not there however after the scan the name was there and when I opened it...
  3. Camera Missing In Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera Missing In Device Manager: My Camera is not showing in Device Manager. Before I did a scan for any changes I noticed the name in which I named my computer during one of the requests when setting up the Windows 11 installation was not there however after the scan the name was there and when I opened it...
  4. Missing camera drive on device manager, integrated camera not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing camera drive on device manager, integrated camera not working.: I've been trying for a while now to fix my camera issue of my integrated camera not working, just saying that it's not found. I can't seem to find it on my device manager. I've looked at hidden devices, and it's not there. I have an Alienware m15 laptop, can support please...
  5. Missing camera drive on device manager, integrated camera not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing camera drive on device manager, integrated camera not working.: I've been trying for a while now to fix my camera issue of my integrated camera not working, just saying that it's not found. I can't seem to find it on my device manager. I've looked at hidden devices, and it's not there. I have an Alienware m15 laptop, can support please...
  6. Missing camera drive on device manager, integrated camera not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Fix Camera missing or not showing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Camera missing or not showing in Device Manager: [ATTACH]Imagine the situation where your camera is not working on your PC and when you open the Device Manager to fix the issue, the camera does not exist! If the same is happening on your Windows 11/10 PC where the Camera is missing or not showing in Device Manager, then...
  8. Camera entirely missing from Device Manager

Camera entirely missing from Device Manager: For some odd event, my built-in camera driver is missing, I already tried troubleshooting but it isn't detected by troubleshooterDevices and Hardware, Microsoft Store apps, etc, I already tried command prompt health, restore, and status check but to no avail didn't work....
  9. Camera Missing from Device manager

Camera Missing from Device manager: Using my laptop camera after a long time. It says camera not attached. So, I went into device manager to check but webcam is nowhere listed there. This is strange because it's an inbuilt camera....
  10. Camera not working; Driver missing in Device Manager; Asus Laptop

Camera not working; Driver missing in Device Manager; Asus Laptop: Hello, I have tried several methods 1. Privacy settings>Camera access ON 2. Camera settings>Reset 3. Troubleshooting 4. Windows Update 5. Windows Reset 6. Device manager>show hidden device still integrated webcam is not shown 7. Device manager>Scan for hardware...