Windows 10: Laptop camera problems

Discus and support Laptop camera problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I try to turn on my camera, it just goes black. It's really weird. It's never happened before. If you have a knowledge on this, please let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lia de Ria, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Laptop camera problems

Every time I try to turn on my camera, it just goes black. It's really weird. It's never happened before. If you have a knowledge on this, please let me know!

Thanks,

Li'a de Ria

Mod: Moving the thread from Other/Scanning, detecting, and removing threat /Other/Unknown

:)

Lia de Ria, Dec 17, 2020

2. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for providing the results after completing the steps we provided. Since you're still getting the error message “Your camera cannot be found” along with the error code "0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED)", we suggest that you follow the steps below
    to reset the Camera app on your Windows 10 computer:

• Press the Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
    • From the options presented select System, then click on
      Apps & features
      located on the left pane.
    • Locate the Camera app from the list and select it.
    • Select the Advanced options link and then choose Reset.
    • When the pop-up notification is shown just click on the Reset
      button once more.
    • Once all the steps are complete, kindly reboot your computer.

Completing this steps will clear the cache of the Camera app and allow it to re-recognize any video capture devices connected to your computer.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Dec 17, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Laptop camera problems

n-ster, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Laptop camera problems

1. Laptop camera problems - Similar Threads - Laptop camera problems

2. Problem with camera on new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with camera on new laptop: The webcam USB2.0 HD UVC Webcam with my new laptop does not seem to work. If I go into Zoom for example I am just getting a camera symbol with a crossed line through it.I have used the troubleshooter.I have gone intoathe privacy and security settings, and given Zoom...
  3. Problem with camera on new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with camera on new laptop: The webcam USB2.0 HD UVC Webcam with my new laptop does not seem to work. If I go into Zoom for example I am just getting a camera symbol with a crossed line through it.I have used the troubleshooter.I have gone intoathe privacy and security settings, and given Zoom...
  4. No camera are attached problem Surface laptop studio !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No camera are attached problem Surface laptop studio !!: I bought surface laptop studio one and half month ago. I discovered a problem with my integrated camera. It suddenly stopped working. I thought at the beginning it's because some updates that I did so I contact the support team in Microsoft and they mainly tried everything...
  5. No camera are attached problem Surface laptop studio !!

No camera are attached problem Surface laptop studio !!: I bought surface laptop studio one and half month ago. I discovered a problem with my integrated camera. It suddenly stopped working. I thought at the beginning it's because some updates that I did so I contact the support team in Microsoft and they mainly tried everything...
  6. Problem with camera, "Camera not found."

Problem with camera, "Camera not found.": Apparently, whenever I try to open my camera it shows an error and said that "Camera not found". Now, it doesn't show the error message, instead my camera flash keeps blinking on and off the flash indicates whether my camera is on or not. I've tried checking the privacy...
  7. Problem with the integrated laptop camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with the integrated laptop camera: I have a problem in Windows 10 with the camera on my laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X250. The camera works properly with the Windows 10 app. However, if I try to use it in another app e.g. Google meet, Teams, Zoom, etc it doesn't work. I already verified, and I have granted...
  8. Camera problem - asus laptop, windows 10

Camera problem - asus laptop, windows 10: Basically was looking at a friends asus laptop and their camera was not working, it wasn't working for her zoom meetings as well as the actual system camera itself, i checked for windows updates and driver updates. These were all up to date, i then checked the camera privacy...
  9. Major camera problem for built-in cameras desktop & laptop. Camera works with apps but on...

Major camera problem for built-in cameras desktop & laptop. Camera works with apps but on...: PLEASE HELP! LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM. This problem starts when Windows 10 is updated to the latest version. I purchased a Lenovo A540 all-in-one desktop with a built-in camera in November 2020. Comes with the latest Windows 10. Camera seems to work in...
  10. Laptop camera problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop camera problems: Every time I try to turn on my camera, it just goes black. It's really weird. It's never happened before. If you have a knowledge on this, please let me know! Thanks, Li'a de Ria...