Windows 10: Laptop Camera Takes Pictures but doesn't Record Video

Discus and support Laptop Camera Takes Pictures but doesn't Record Video in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can take photos using my laptop camera but when I try to record video it briefly flickers to the red record button but goes back to the original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bangpet, Jan 16, 2019.

1. bangpet Win User

Laptop Camera Takes Pictures but doesn't Record Video

I can take photos using my laptop camera but when I try to record video it briefly flickers to the red record button but goes back to the original icon. I checked the video save location (C: Drive, plenty of space) and ran windows troubleshooter for hardware and video playback. I also checked to see if I had the latest drivers. I have used skype, whatsapp, and line apps with it before to make video calls, but I can't get the Camera app to record videos to post online.

:)

bangpet, Jan 16, 2019

2. camera Carl Zeiss 12MP Nokia N8 doesn´t work

Hi Guys!!! I have a Problem with Nokia N8, the camera doesn´t work, I can open the camera software and runs fine, but does not display picture (black screen), it doesn´t displays imagen in video rec mode too, if I select second camera it works well. I've
    seen that Carl Zeiss camera lens does not open when I take a picture or rec video, can this be a problem in the firmware?

I bought Nokia N8 two weeks ago, and I didn´t do any test of camera until today, My big mistake!!! :smileymad:

cdelgado67, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Ober08 Win User
    video recording saving location

Hi,

After syncing, why the videos I record w/ WP7 is stored in 'My Pictures' folder on my laptop rather than of the Videos folder?

In addition, Why are the videos stored listed in Camera Roll and the Picture hub? Shouldn't the videos I record be stored in 'Music + Videos' and NOT in camera roll?

Ober08, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Joan Pin Win User

How to open camera and start camera recording in windows 10 using commands

Hi Kire,

The Camera app in Windows 10 helps you to take pictures, record videos, or stream video while video chatting. To open the Camera, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and choose Run.
    • Enter this command in the Run dialog box: microsoft.windows.camera:.
    • Click OK.

Automatic recording is unavailable in the Camera app. To record videos, you first have to switch to
    Video mode. Tap the Video button from the right side of the app’s window.

If you have other questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Joan Pin, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop Camera Takes Pictures but doesn't Record Video - Similar Threads - Laptop Camera Takes

2. laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures: laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures. Camera app re-installed; driver re-installed; laptop re-started.I can't find a way to attach the screenshot recommended; it just shows a black screen with a 'viewfinder window', which dances around....
  3. laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures: laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures. Camera app re-installed; driver re-installed; laptop re-started.I can't find a way to attach the screenshot recommended; it just shows a black screen with a 'viewfinder window', which dances around....
  4. camera does not take picture or video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera does not take picture or video: The camera is not working, only seeing a black screen when app is open... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-take-picture-or-video/25bbff3a-5cd1-46d3-be82-8eba8d63dec2
  5. camera does not take picture or video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera does not take picture or video: The camera is not working, only seeing a black screen when app is open... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-take-picture-or-video/25bbff3a-5cd1-46d3-be82-8eba8d63dec2
  6. Camera app, taking a picture results in PhotoCaptureStartTimeout, recording video works fine?

Camera app, taking a picture results in PhotoCaptureStartTimeout, recording video works fine?: I'm encountering a strange problem on my Surface Go Pentium 4415Y - 8GB ram running Windows 10 Home 21H1 - build 19043.1052.If I open up the Windows Camera app the cam turns on and my webcam is working fine both front and back. However, when I click the 'take a picture'...
  7. Camera App Doesn't Record Video

Camera App Doesn't Record Video: After getting my webcam I decided I would try and record some videos and test out the quality. I can open the camera app just fine and takes pictures fine, but when I go to try and take a video it stops within a second and gives me a pop-up box containing the text; "Start a...
  8. Camera Not taking picture.

Camera Not taking picture.: Hi, I am not able to use Camera in my Laptop. If I open Camera App, front camera is recognized light started glowing, I could Front camera facing message on screen but when I click take photo button , some click sound is coming and it is NOT capturing photo. I have...
  9. Camera not recording video

Camera not recording video: Hi, The problem is the Camera app in my laptop is not recording video. When I click on the video icon it seems like it starts to record but instantly stops and no video is recorded. I can take pictures just fine. Thanks in advance!...
  10. Built In Camera Takes pictures but no video

Built In Camera Takes pictures but no video: My built-in webcam/camera was working fine last week when I used it last. When I went to use it today, it would take pictures but not video which is what I need. Some solutions had to do with finding the camera on the control panel and device manager, but I couldn't find it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows web camera doesnt record video