Windows 10: Laptop camera "this device is working properly" though its not.

Discus and support Laptop camera "this device is working properly" though its not. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Laptop "HP HD camera" displays a screen of snow when opened. I have checked all drivers, rolled back drivers and updated drivers to no avail. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EthanTower, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Laptop camera "this device is working properly" though its not.

My Laptop "HP HD camera" displays a screen of snow when opened. I have checked all drivers, rolled back drivers and updated drivers to no avail. The device status is showing "this device is working properly". Has anyone experienced this problem, how can I fix my camera?

:)

EthanTower, Aug 5, 2019

2. Camera not working

This is not a plug and play device, it's built into my laptop.. lol.

Sorry my bad for not mentioning, the program does install and seem to work fine. It did work when I first installed it, but it stopped working. Even if I freshly reinstall.

Errors are as followed..

When I open the program:

A webcam was not found or is not working properly.
    Please click connect button and try again.

When I click the connect button....

Camera not found. The camera is in use by another application, or not connected. Make sure the camera is connected and working properly, then try again.

It is connected properly, and there are no other programs running in the back ground.

ihavenoname, Aug 5, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Camera not working

First, plug and pray does not mean where it is physically located, it could be inside or outside of the PC to be plug and play. The point of the post was the Add Hardware Wizard could try to search and locate the hardware, if it was truly available.
    Quote from MS:
    Secondly, the program will not use the device, if, it is not available in the the device manager, so it gives the proper error.

Third, you may have a defective camera or sub-system. You may need to take it for diagnosis and repair to someone who knows how to repair them. Or, if, you know or are willing to try. Then, you may want to crack it open and check that the ribbon cable from the camera to the motherboard is secured in place and not damaged.

Fourth, call or e-mail, ask them who was the vendor for the camera in that laptop and try the vendor site for a generic driver.

Hope you get it resolved.
    Have a good day. *Smile Laptop camera "this device is working properly" though its not. :)

95Viper, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Laptop camera "this device is working properly" though its not.

Camera on Laptop Not Working

Hi Neil,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers on your device.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there is any yellow exclamation point on WebCam in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand WebCam drives under
      Imaging devices
      , right click on the driver.
    • Click on Properties and check the
      device status.
    • If not, select Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

If the issue is with the Camera app,

Step 3: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the webcam for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Laptop camera "this device is working properly" though its not.

1. Laptop camera "this device is working properly" though its not. - Similar Threads - Laptop camera device

2. Camera of my laptop is not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera of my laptop is not working properly: I'm having issue with my laptop cam, it is working fine before but now, it is no longer opening. It seems that everything is turned on except the camera....
  3. Camera of my laptop is not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera of my laptop is not working properly: I'm having issue with my laptop cam, it is working fine before but now, it is no longer opening. It seems that everything is turned on except the camera....
  4. Camera of my laptop is not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop camera is not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop camera is not working properly: Hi, I have a problem with my laptop camera, it is working fine before but when I do meetings it stopped working. I have all working except for the cam. What to do?...
  6. Laptop camera is not working properly

Laptop camera is not working properly: Hi, I have a problem with my laptop camera, it is working fine before but when I do meetings it stopped working. I have all working except for the cam. What to do?...
  7. Laptop camera is not working properly

8. Laptop camera is not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop camera is not working properly: Hi,I'm having problems with my webcam in my laptop. It's working fine before, however when I do meetings it won't work out, I check settings that everything is turned on properly. Sound and keybaords are working, we except the camera itself. How to fix? O got hp envy i5....
  9. Laptop camera is not working properly

Laptop camera is not working properly: Hi,I'm having problems with my webcam in my laptop. It's working fine before, however when I do meetings it won't work out, I check settings that everything is turned on properly. Sound and keybaords are working, we except the camera itself. How to fix? O got hp envy i5....
  10. Laptop camera is not working properly