Windows 10: Laptop camera won’t open; un-, and reinstall helps but until reboot only

Discus and support Laptop camera won’t open; un-, and reinstall helps but until reboot only in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can’t open my laptop camera in Windows 10, 64 bit. I get the error message it’s not enabled while in fact it is. The driver is said to be up-to-date,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by George XY, May 5, 2021.

1. George XY Win User

Laptop camera won’t open; un-, and reinstall helps but until reboot only

I can’t open my laptop camera in Windows 10, 64 bit. I get the error message it’s not enabled while in fact it is. The driver is said to be up-to-date, among the default apps though the camera is not listed. The only way I can open the camera is to uninstall it then, also in Device Manager, scan for hardware changes. Then it works but still doesn’t appear among the default apps. Next reboot it starts again. How to fix it for good?Thanks.

:)

George XY, May 5, 2021

2. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, May 5, 2021
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Ok...

After update my Windows 10 to 17063.1000 build, skype won´t work...

It open, but if I Start my conversasion with camera, file share or screen share, it crash...

If I try to uninstall anda install again, I give an error...

Any workaround to solve this issue??

*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

tops, May 5, 2021
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop camera won’t open; un-, and reinstall helps but until reboot only - Similar Threads - Laptop camera won’t

2. PC game won’t open, only opens in the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC game won’t open, only opens in the task bar: I’ve tried to uninstall and run a file diagnosis. Everything works just fine and runs, however it only runs in my task bar and I can’t open it to full screen. “Halo Infinite”...
  3. PC game won’t open, only opens in the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC game won’t open, only opens in the task bar: I’ve tried to uninstall and run a file diagnosis. Everything works just fine and runs, however it only runs in my task bar and I can’t open it to full screen. “Halo Infinite”...
  4. Rdp printer redirection works only for the first session until reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rdp printer redirection works only for the first session until reboot: I have a client who works from home via RDP and until a week ago she didn't have any problem with printing on a local printer. A week ago the problem started. She's using two different computers to connect to the remote computer and the problem is consistent with both. When...
  5. Rdp printer redirection works only for the first session until reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rdp printer redirection works only for the first session until reboot: I have a client who works from home via RDP and until a week ago she didn't have any problem with printing on a local printer. A week ago the problem started. She's using two different computers to connect to the remote computer and the problem is consistent with both. When...
  6. Windows won’t reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won’t reinstall: Hello I have been trying to restart my pc for quite awhile now, I’ve tried the command promt: sfc scannow, the reagentc, restorehealth, and nothing works it still comes up with the “there was a problem restarting this pc” message. When I try to reinstall 10 it’ll act like...
  7. Windows Hello only works with external camera when laptop is open

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello only works with external camera when laptop is open: Hello! I have a Surface laptop 3 connected to a Surface Dock original one connected to 2 monitors for my WFH office setup. I recently picked up a Logitech Brio with the hopes I can simply leave the laptop closed. Everything seems to work just fine. The camera works great...
  8. Reboot laptop help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reboot laptop help: I need help, every time I switch on my laptop I keep get this message, "please select proper boot menu and press any key.. What do I do as I have no clue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reboot-laptop-help/be08aa6d-1721-4e33-b429-c797b09b4e4a
  9. Laptop Rebooting, But Only At Night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Rebooting, But Only At Night: Specs Dell G7 7790 laptop Core i7 9750H 16GB RAM RTX 2060 Win10 Home (latest major release and security updates) What's happening is seemingly daily now, around 5pm the system will start rebooting on its own for no apparent reason. It never seems to happen between the time...
  10. windows help opens on reboot ?

in Windows 10 Support
    windows help opens on reboot ?: Hello all : Every time I reboot my computer this link opens ?? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...?os=windows-10 Anyway to stop this ? thanks 109965