Windows 10: Laptop cannot access desktop drive, PIN not recognized, 2 issues or unrelated?

Discus and support Laptop cannot access desktop drive, PIN not recognized, 2 issues or unrelated? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ISSUE 1: My wife on her laptop needs to access a file on my desktop drive. But when she tries she gets a message that she does not have permission to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StlSooner, Sep 10, 2021.

1. StlSooner Win User

Laptop cannot access desktop drive, PIN not recognized, 2 issues or unrelated?

ISSUE 1: My wife on her laptop needs to access a file on my desktop drive. But when she tries she gets a message that she does not have permission to access that drive.On my desktop when i shared the drive I specifically granted permission to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** for full control. Yet the situation persists. It is truly annoying. The drive on which the file is located does show up on her desktop File Explorer under Network.ISSUE 2:I went back to my desktop and tried to log onto her account on the desktop to see if I could find anything there that might be a problem. I can't log on but continually

:)

StlSooner, Sep 10, 2021
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Sep 10, 2021
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 10, 2021
  4. DannibusX Win User

Accessing a Hard Drive...

...from a dead laptop.

My girlfriend's laptop recently s**t the bed, and she has a lot of photos she would like to retrieve from it. I used a USB to IDE cable to try, but it's a no go. Her drive has Windows XP Home on it, and my system has Win7 x64. The computer recognizes the drive, but it wants me to initialize it, which I think may format it.

I don't know if it's formatted FAT32 or NTFS. Are there any suggestions on accessing the drive to pull all this data off of it?

DannibusX, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop cannot access desktop drive, PIN not recognized, 2 issues or unrelated? - Similar Threads - Laptop cannot access

2. a seemingly unrelated string of issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    a seemingly unrelated string of issues: If you look at this list in total it appears to be a seemingly unrelated string of issues.ASUS Crate will not installASUS Blu-ray firmware won't installCyberlink DVD Video won't openNero DVD Video can't access the two internal Blu-ray drivesAnd then I found this in Device...
  3. a seemingly unrelated string of issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a seemingly unrelated string of issues: If you look at this list in total it appears to be a seemingly unrelated string of issues.ASUS Crate will not installASUS Blu-ray firmware won't installCyberlink DVD Video won't openNero DVD Video can't access the two internal Blu-ray drivesAnd then I found this in Device...
  4. a seemingly unrelated string of issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access: I accidently deleted my desktop folder. I was able to restore it from the Recycle Bin. However, Desktop no longer appears as a Quick Access folder. When I right-click on Desktop and select 'Pin to Quick access' it does not get pinned....
  6. Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access

Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access: I accidently deleted my desktop folder. I was able to restore it from the Recycle Bin. However, Desktop no longer appears as a Quick Access folder. When I right-click on Desktop and select 'Pin to Quick access' it does not get pinned....
  7. Pin not recognized, cannot log into my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin not recognized, cannot log into my laptop: My colleague's login Pin is not working, she has been using this for a couple of months now with no issues! When she tries to reset her Pin, a validation code is being sent, but it is being sent to her old phone, she now has a new number, but can't change this in her...
  8. Pin not recognized, cannot log into my laptop

Pin not recognized, cannot log into my laptop: My colleague's login Pin is not working, she has been using this for a couple of months now with no issues! When she tries to reset her Pin, a validation code is being sent, but it is being sent to her old phone, she now has a new number, but can't change this in her...
  9. Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer: Hi, opened up the file explorer, quick access pinning works fine for all other folders, but I cannot pin the Desktop folder in there. It shows up in the folders pane on the left, (I have to scroll a way up to find it..) but using the 'pin to quick access' button in the...
  10. Having a few unrelated issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Having a few unrelated issues: I am having a few unrelated issues in that if I click on a mail link for the forum/s it will either go to the next tab from the mail one or open a completely new tab and there have been times when I have gone to close all tabs only to find there are still more open. The...