Windows 10: Laptop cannot connect with only one of my home PCs: I'm stumped!

Discus and support Laptop cannot connect with only one of my home PCs: I'm stumped! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sigh. SOLVED. I'll leave my original post, below, with a strikethrough. Just after posting this (from "D"), I decided to poke at something else.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by iamc3k, Nov 19, 2018.

1. iamc3k Win User

Laptop cannot connect with only one of my home PCs: I'm stumped!

Sigh.

SOLVED.

I'll leave my original post, below, with a strikethrough.

Just after posting this (from "D"), I decided to poke at something else. Computer B had an issue the other day where it did not show banners from a website I wanted to allow banners. I use Kaspersky. To solve that problem, I performed a Kaspersky "reset". It worked. Banners came up where I wanted them.

Computer D has the same Kaspersky. I decided to perform the same reset.

Suddenly, after performing a Kaspersky reset, computer D and Laptop are Sharing perfectly.

TL;DR: my antivirus (Kaspersky Internet Security) was blocking proper functioning of my network on one computer. A reset fixed it.

Maybe this will help someone else.

Folks,

I've tried all the DIY fixes I could think of or find. Here's the situation:

My home network runs on Ethernet and WiFi. I have four desktops, all hardwired. Let's call them "A", "B", "C", and "D". My laptop is on WiFi. Call it "Laptop".

All four desktops can see and exchange files/folders with one another. Sharing and permissions work perfectly for them. (And, a "thank you" to the folks here for that. After Homegroup was deprecated, it was coming here that enabled me to get them all working together.)

Laptop can see and be seen by A, B, and C. All of them can exchange files/folders. Sharing and Permissions work perfectly.

"D" (also known as "Problem") does not show "Laptop".

Laptop shows D, but if I try to select D I get "Windows cannot access "D"", and an error code of 0x80070035.

What setting have I missed in D?

(My Laptop travels. So, for awhile I had it set to Public. I have since changed it to Private, as far as the type of network it is connected to while on my home wifi. I don't know if that has an impact on D.)

Thanks,

Ken

:)

iamc3k, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Morgoth Win User

pc to laptop connection

hi there does anny one know how i can directly connect my laptop to my pc and send files over and my laptop also got wireles connection can i use this fuction to my pc to while there connected with a network cable?
    so this is the setup i want to have

Modem <> pc <> laptop <> (laptop wireless)
    with out using a router

Morgoth, Nov 19, 2018
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Laptop cannot connect with only one of my home PCs: I'm stumped!

connecting laptop to Office jet G55 printer

Hi Luisa,

To help you with your concern regarding the printer, let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer for the steps on how to connect your printer to your computer. Please follow the steps on how to contact the manufacturer:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Laptop cannot connect with only one of my home PCs: I'm stumped!

1. Laptop cannot connect with only one of my home PCs: I'm stumped! - Similar Threads - Laptop cannot connect

2. Widget language. I'm not the only one!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widget language. I'm not the only one!: I have Windows 11. I live in Belgium. All my regional and language settings are English. The Widgets are in Dutch. I can't even get them displayed in the other two official Belgian languages, French and German! Frankly, it's ridiculous....
  3. Widget language. I'm not the only one!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widget language. I'm not the only one!: I have Windows 11. I live in Belgium. All my regional and language settings are English. The Widgets are in Dutch. I can't even get them displayed in the other two official Belgian languages, French and German! Frankly, it's ridiculous....
  4. laptop cannot connect to home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    laptop cannot connect to home network: I have a dell laptop wirelessly connected to the internet, I have a PC on ethernet to the internet, a cable modem and a wireless router. Both are up to date W10 pro.I can see the PC from the laptop, but when I try to login, I face the following problems:1. the email is grayed...
  5. Frequent BSOD - I'm stumped

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD - I'm stumped: Hi all! New to the forum and I'm so glad I found it. I hope someone here can help me put an end to these BSODs! I've been chasing random frequent BSOD's for months! I have tried so many things to try to solve this, and I don't want to muddy the waters. I'll include some...
  6. W10 Home PCs seeing only Win7 Pro & W10 Pro PCs on LAN, Not Home vers.

W10 Home PCs seeing only Win7 Pro & W10 Pro PCs on LAN, Not Home vers.: I have a small Workgroup LAN (Ethernet) with one remaining Win 7 Pro PC (I would like to phase out), 2 - Win 10 Pro PCs, and a few Win 10 Home addition PCs. What I have noticed lately is when viewing the Network from the Win 7 Pro PC, ALL of the PCs in the network are...
  7. I'm stumped

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm stumped: I have a HP laptop idk which model but it probably doesn't matter. Whenever I turn it on it takes at least an hour to boot then another hour to login. Then it just shows my desktop and I can't do anything except move my cursor can't click anything. I can Ctrl alt del tho but...
  8. My license for 5 PCs works for one PC only!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My license for 5 PCs works for one PC only!!: Hello Support team, I have an issue here, I've bought a windows 10 license for 5 PCs and already installed it on my laptop. Now i'm trying to use it for a new laptop but it gives me this error# 0XC004C020...
  9. Cannot connect 3 PCs

Cannot connect 3 PCs: I have three PCs at home; these are FREYR - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit desktop, 192.168.1.90 FRIGGA - Win 10 Pro 32bit laptop - 192.168.1.224 LOKI - Win 10 Home 64bit - 192.168.1.226 All of these are running IPV4 and IPV6, are kept up to date with Microsoft and Norton...
  10. BSOD playing PC games - I'm stumped

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing PC games - I'm stumped: So: I've only got two games so far on this new PC (prebuilt) that arrived around 4 days ago. I've been having BSOD crashes ever since receiving the PC. I thought it'd be worth asking on here because I personally only have 1 idea left before I send it back to the seller to...