Windows 10: Laptop cannot detect any Wi-Fi networks after Windows update

Discus and support Laptop cannot detect any Wi-Fi networks after Windows update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop did some basic windows updates this morning 6th May. Pending restart hasn't been able to connect to Wi-Fi with no available networks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rebecca Hill, May 6, 2022.

1. Laptop cannot detect any Wi-Fi networks after Windows update

My laptop did some basic windows updates this morning 6th May. Pending restart hasn't been able to connect to Wi-Fi with no available networks discoverable. I've uninstalled the updates, I've done a recovery reset and troubleshooting, all to no avail! Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

:)

Rebecca Hill, May 6, 2022
  2. Fungerspo Win User

Can't detect any Wi-Fi network

Hi,

My Laptop(Lenovo ideapad 310-14IKB) suddenly can't detect any Wi-Fi networks. I can confirm that the Wi-Fi network appears as public on my phone. Troubleshooter can't fix this problem automatically but instead spews out this error :

There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter

Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter.

So far, I've took these steps to try fix the problem without resetting my laptop:

• Reinstalling driver. Both newest from manufacturer website and rolled back version.
    • Network reset on Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network Reset.
    • Disabling IP Helper on services.msc
    • `netsh winsock reset` and restart
    • TCP/IP stack reset
    • Disabling DHCP Broadcast Flag for my Wi-Fi adapter
    Is there anymore things that I can do to fix this?

PS: My Wi-Fi is 2.4Ghz and my laptop can detect both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz before this error.

Fungerspo, May 6, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    laptop doesn't detect any wi-fi networks at all.

Does your laptop connect ok via ethernet?
    Please post a photo or screenshot of Device Manager like this:

Laptop cannot detect any Wi-Fi networks after Windows update [​IMG]

Please work through
    Fix: No Wifi Networks Found in Windows 10 - Appuals.com

I remain concerned about your having tried all manner of settings.

Try Tweaking.com's free cautious repair tool. Work through the steps in turn.
    Select only repairs 13, 25,26

dalchina, May 6, 2022
  4. Laptop cannot detect any Wi-Fi networks after Windows update

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, May 6, 2022
Thema:

Laptop cannot detect any Wi-Fi networks after Windows update

1. Laptop cannot detect any Wi-Fi networks after Windows update - Similar Threads - Laptop cannot detect

2. Laptop cannot detect any Wi-Fi networks after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cannot detect any Wi-Fi networks after Windows update: My laptop did some basic windows updates this morning 6th May. Pending restart hasn't been able to connect to Wi-Fi with no available networks discoverable. I've uninstalled the updates, I've done a recovery reset and troubleshooting, all to no avail! Has anyone else had this...
  3. Laptop cannot detect any Wi-Fi networks after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop cannot detect any Wi-Fi networks after Windows update: My laptop did some basic windows updates this morning 6th May. Pending restart hasn't been able to connect to Wi-Fi with no available networks discoverable. I've uninstalled the updates, I've done a recovery reset and troubleshooting, all to no avail! Has anyone else had this...
  4. Cannot search any wi-fi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot search any wi-fi network: Hi,im running windows 10 and yesterday my wifi icon has disappeared. Today i cannot connect to my wifi - even if i open the internet connections menu from control panel, it doesnt show me any available wifi connections. I have tried troubleshooting, resetting winsock,...
  5. Cannot search any wi-fi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot search any wi-fi network: Hi,im running windows 10 and yesterday my wifi icon has disappeared. Today i cannot connect to my wifi - even if i open the internet connections menu from control panel, it doesnt show me any available wifi connections. I have tried troubleshooting, resetting winsock,...
  6. Cannot search any wi-fi network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My laptop isn't detecting any Wi-Fi networks.

My laptop isn't detecting any Wi-Fi networks.: So as the title says my windows 10 laptop cant detect any wifi networks (neither mine and my neighbours). My computer was recently on service repair because of overheating and thermal throttling. I got it back now and this problem happened. While searching I read about...
  8. laptop doesn't detect any wi-fi networks at all.

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop doesn't detect any wi-fi networks at all.: my wi-fi is working perfectly on my phone and console, but my piece of junk laptop doesn't see any wi-fi networks whatsoever. all that i get is this icon with a red X, a monitor, and a cable. also, using ethernet cables is out of question. 114361
  9. laptop doesn't detect any wi-fi networks at all.

laptop doesn't detect any wi-fi networks at all.: i've tried changimg literally all the settings there were, using a system restore point and resetting my net card (is that a word? sorry, i suck at english.) but it gave me nothing. sometimes i hate this piece of utter garbage. 114313
  10. laptop doesn't detect any wi-fi networks at all.

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop doesn't detect any wi-fi networks at all.: i've tried changimg literally all the settings there were, using a system restore point and resetting my net card (is that a word? sorry, i suck at english.) but it gave me nothing. sometimes i hate this piece of utter garbage. 114313