Windows 10: Laptop cannot detect wifi when other devices can

Discus and support Laptop cannot detect wifi when other devices can in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop cannot detect my one of the cellphone's Hotspot, when my other cellphones can. I tried to troubleshoot it, with various methods given... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Prachi Joshi, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Laptop cannot detect wifi when other devices can

Hi,

My laptop cannot detect my one of the cellphone's Hotspot, when my other cellphones can.

I tried to troubleshoot it, with various methods given on microsoft community site, but it didnt work.

Kindly support to resolve it.

:)

Prachi Joshi, Jun 30, 2020
  2. DaXiang Win User

I cannot connect Wifi, My Toshiba laptop can use other wifi networks.

Original Title - I cannot connect Wifi

Hello!

I’ve a problem with connecting wifi.

I have a Toshiba laptop (Portege Z30-B11-C) with newly installed windows 10.

Wifi adapter is: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC3160

I was using it for a few days and I didn’t have problems to connect various wifi networks.

However, at home I’m using mercury router MW155R, when I’m trying to connect it with my Toshiba laptop I cannot.

Other computers with Windows 8 and mobile phones with android can use this wifi network. My Toshiba laptop can use other wifi networks. But I cannot use this network with my Toshiba laptop. How can I solve this problem? I will be very
    grateful for all suggestions

DaXiang, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    High Ping when i Turn on the wifi of my laptop

Can you please provide more information?

• What make/model of router do you have?
    • Is it on the latest firmware?
    • If you don't know how to do something with your router, please refer to the user's manual or provide us more information about it so we can assist you better.
    • What make/model of laptops do you have?
    • Is the laptop that causes the high latency of the wireless connection much older than the other devices?
    • Have you scanned the device for malware to make sure it isn't causing any kind of attack inside or outside of your network? (I recommend MalwareBytes AntiMalware Free from Ninite.com)
    • What are you pinging when you're monitoring this issue? Google? Your gateway/router?
    High latency in a wireless envirnoment like this one I would assume it is either something overloading from a malicious attack, an old device using a narrower bandwidth causing the router to have to change its channel scopes and having issues doing so (firmware bug), or the router being overloaded trying to manage all the requests over wireless (cheaper home-grade routers can fall flat on their face if too many devices connect to their wireless network(s))...there are other things like channel interference that @remixedcat refers to that are absolutely worth looking into.

Acrylic WiFi is an excellent program. Run it for about 15 minutes, then use Snip to take a screenshot of it (Google: Now to use Microsoft Snip, if you've never used it). You can attach images to a new post or upload them to Techpowerup.org and past the IMG code in your post.

Hope this helps get you going in the right direction!

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Laptop cannot detect wifi when other devices can

My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Some devices might be listed under hidden devices in Device Manager, I suggest you to open Device Manager then click on View option and click on Show hidden devices. Once it is done, check whether you can find the device.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the device with other USB ports and check if it is detected (If you are connecting through USB).

Also, try updating the USB drivers and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

-Open Device Manager.

-Find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

-Right-click on each driver listed and click on Update Driver Software

-Restart the system after updating the drivers.

-Try connecting the device and check if the issue still persists.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Laptop cannot detect wifi when other devices can

1. Laptop cannot detect wifi when other devices can - Similar Threads - Laptop cannot detect

2. Certain wifi network not detected in my laptop and other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain wifi network not detected in my laptop and other devices: For some odd reason, all my devices cannot detect wifi signal from my modem at home. I already restarted it several times to no avail.I am only able to connect to the internet using my mobile hotspot....
  3. Certain wifi network not detected in my laptop and other devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain wifi network not detected in my laptop and other devices: For some odd reason, all my devices cannot detect wifi signal from my modem at home. I already restarted it several times to no avail.I am only able to connect to the internet using my mobile hotspot....
  4. Laptop cannot detect my wifi connection, but the router working just fine on other devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop cannot detect my wifi connection, but the router working just fine on other devices: I dont think its wifi problem and I have tried few solutions that I found online. I'm using ASUS X456URK. The most important part is my wifi not even available in the connection. Most ofthe solutions was for connected wifi but doesnt have connection. Mine was not even...
  5. Cannot detect 5Ghz Wifi

Cannot detect 5Ghz Wifi: My Asus Zenbook UX305CA used to be able to connect to 5Ghz wifi router but ever since the lastest update from Windows 10. It no longer can detect 5Ghz wifi signal but only 2.4Ghz. I have googled for the solution but none seems to be able to solve my problem. I am using...
  6. My laptop cannot detect WiFi

My laptop cannot detect WiFi: My laptop will randomly sometimes just cannot detect wifi. I ran the trouble shooter and it didn’t work. I tried network reset and that didn’t work either. Is there anyway to fix this?...
  7. wifi device not detect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi device not detect: Hi guys My laptop(Lenovo G50-70) having Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA335 MODEL device. this device have Bluetooth and WiFi both in one device. Bluetooth working properly but WiFi not working, if i install WiFi driver it show device not found . after windows update WiFi not...
  8. Desktop cannot detect other wifi's

Desktop cannot detect other wifi's: So my desktop is windows 10, and it is connected to one of my internet via Ethernet. I want to connect to my other internet but my computer doesn't show any other available wifi. How can I fix this problem? Please help! I want to connect to my other internet because it is...
  9. Laptop not detecting wifi

Laptop not detecting wifi: My laptop is not detecting wifi signal of any of the broadband but if I create a hotspot network through mobile then it detects that.. Does this means that it is not detecting signal of a particular band or vice-versa.....
  10. One of the users on my laptop cannot connect to Wifi, the others can

One of the users on my laptop cannot connect to Wifi, the others can: One of the user accounts (with administrator privileges) on my Lenovo laptop shows the wifi network that I use (it is a neighbourhood wifi network) as Limited and the network login page will not come up and the internet is not available. However, other accounts on the same...