Windows 10: Laptop Cannot get to sleep

Discus and support Laptop Cannot get to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys, So When I leave my laptop open and expect it to go to sleep, it doesn't. The screen just turns off and the fans ramp up like hell. And if i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EricVitesse, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Laptop Cannot get to sleep

Hey guys,

So When I leave my laptop open and expect it to go to sleep, it doesn't. The screen just turns off and the fans ramp up like hell. And if i "wake it up" it goes back to normal.

Strangely, this only happens when the laptop is plugged into my thunderbolt dock/dongle I use a dongle as a dock

I have an HDMI display, a mouse, a MIDI keyboard, a Maschine Mikro mk3 and a printer plugged into it.

I also get frequent BSODs when I leave it in this "sleep" state screen off, rgb keyboard on and fan ramping up for too long. most of them are memory management and attempted write to read only memory errors

Here is a screenshot of MSI Afterburner CPU Usage. Anyone has a fix? Because the laptop doesnt go to sleep mode w/ this sh*t going

https://imgur.com/a/f1lwAAE

:)

EricVitesse, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Phillmont Win User

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Oct 24, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 24, 2020
  4. antzshrek Win User

Laptop Cannot get to sleep

Windows 10 laptop doesn't go to sleep when wifi is on

Run these steps below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

Method 4: Lastly I suggest you check your chipset and video drivers, try checking for the updates from the manufacturer's website and update all the necessary drivers, i.e the chipset and video drivers

Let me know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

source: Windows 10 computer

antzshrek, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Cannot get to sleep

1. Laptop Cannot get to sleep - Similar Threads - Laptop Cannot sleep

2. Cannot get laptop to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get laptop to boot: Got a toshiba satellite L755D laptop that was running windows 7 screen wouldn't come on but I fixed that now the keyboard won't work and I have held shift down I've done all that and lastly it will not boot from HDD USB or disk drive I have tried changing boot order but it...
  3. Lenovo laptop cannot go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop cannot go to sleep.: My laptop cannot go to sleep. When I tap on the sleep option next to shut down/restart, the PC automatically wakes up. I've tried every solution. Disabling sleep timers, etc. etc.I think the issue is that due to a minor liquid spillage, my built-in keyboard spam-inputs...
  4. Lenovo laptop cannot go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo laptop cannot go to sleep.: My laptop cannot go to sleep. When I tap on the sleep option next to shut down/restart, the PC automatically wakes up. I've tried every solution. Disabling sleep timers, etc. etc.I think the issue is that due to a minor liquid spillage, my built-in keyboard spam-inputs...
  5. Lenovo laptop cannot go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  6. Laptop fails to get into sleep

Laptop fails to get into sleep: I have an Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-76IK. Sometimes when I click sleep, the screen turns dark but the fan will start spinning at high speed and the light is still blue supposed to be orange. Does anyone know what is the culprit and how to solve it? Thanks in advance....
  7. Cannot get win10 2004 to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot get win10 2004 to sleep: I have tried everything and I do mean everything that can be found here on the internet to try and solve. I just built new AMD Ryzen 5 3600 system and sleep was working, I thought it might of been the system maint but I let it run to optimize all my drives. I made sure...
  8. Laptop gets in to sleep mode randomly

Laptop gets in to sleep mode randomly: Laptop gets into sleep mode randomly. Tried all the options of power management. I disabled the hibernate also but still, the problem persist. I first thought its the problem due to the graphics card. Disabled the graphics card but still, the problem persists. Please help....
  9. Cannot get laptop to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot get laptop to boot: My computer crashed and will no longer boot. I've tried power cycling to enter safe mode and I get the same error message as whe I try to start it up. I get "PXE-E61:Media test failure, check cable" and "PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM. I have a bootable disc and a usb...
  10. I cannot get my computer to sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot get my computer to sleep.: It used to be intermittent - now not at all 40676