Windows 10: laptop cannot locate Wifi

Discus and support laptop cannot locate Wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The problem occurred a week ago. Since that moment I have been unable to connect to the internet using Wifi. The laptop can't find available networks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PedroBrás, Dec 20, 2019.

1. laptop cannot locate Wifi

The problem occurred a week ago. Since that moment I have been unable to connect to the internet using Wifi. The laptop can't find available networks.

:)

PedroBrás, Dec 20, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 20, 2019
  3. cheetahfm Win User
    Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Dec 20, 2019
  4. karyeowl Win User

laptop cannot locate Wifi

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

laptop cannot locate Wifi

1. laptop cannot locate Wifi - Similar Threads - laptop cannot locate

2. Laptop cannot conect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cannot conect to Wifi: My laptop was running properly then I went for a cup of coffee. Just 15 minutes and when I came back my laptop could not connect to wifi. Other devices still can connect to wifi as usual. There are no network names showing on the network list. It used to show my neighbors'...
  3. Laptop cannot conect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop cannot conect to Wifi: My laptop was running properly then I went for a cup of coffee. Just 15 minutes and when I came back my laptop could not connect to wifi. Other devices still can connect to wifi as usual. There are no network names showing on the network list. It used to show my neighbors'...
  4. Laptop cannot conect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. LAPTOP CANNOT LOCATE WIFI NAME I HAVE TO USE ETHRNET DONT LIKE THIS\

LAPTOP CANNOT LOCATE WIFI NAME I HAVE TO USE ETHRNET DONT LIKE THIS\: PLEASE HELP WITH LAPTOP NOT RECOGNIZING MY NETWORK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-cannot-locate-wifi-name-i-have-to-use/07c814b1-55fa-4034-960d-728a153132af
  6. LAPTOP CANNOT LOCATE WIFI NAME I HAVE TO USE ETHRNET DONT LIKE THIS\

LAPTOP CANNOT LOCATE WIFI NAME I HAVE TO USE ETHRNET DONT LIKE THIS\: PLEASE HELP WITH LAPTOP NOT RECOGNIZING MY NETWORK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-cannot-locate-wifi-name-i-have-to-use/07c814b1-55fa-4034-960d-728a153132af
  7. my laptop cannot locate my wifi name i HAVE TO USE ETHERNET

my laptop cannot locate my wifi name i HAVE TO USE ETHERNET: hi I cannot get laptop to locate my network to use wifi I have to use ethrnet INCONVENIENT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-cannot-locate-my-wifi-name-i-have-to-use/1262b321-ea91-44bf-84e7-a88c6404f746
  8. The laptop cannot connect to WiFi

The laptop cannot connect to WiFi: Hello,My laptop is no longer connecting to Wifi. When it rarely connects, it doesn't last long and the signal is always very low, from all networks. I can connect the same networks on other portable devices.Currently, I can only access the Internet through a cable connected...
  9. network cannot locate laptop

network cannot locate laptop: On my home network, my desktop cannot locate my latop. Both are using windows 10. I get the error code 0x80070035. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-cannot-locate-laptop/1abfea6f-b541-42cd-af5a-8770cdc76677
  10. cannot connect laptop to wifi

cannot connect laptop to wifi: im having a very frustrating time trying to connect my laptop to wifi. it was working great only a couple of days ago. i ran the troubleshooter and says that wifi capability is disabled, luckily, however, my laptop keyboard doesn't work at all!!! ive been using an external...