Windows 10: Laptop cannot open as pin does not work

Discus and support Laptop cannot open as pin does not work in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have two PC's. One Desktop and another Laptop. Both need a pin at bootup to open. The desktop works fine. But the Laptop doesn't open as one key... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AnilPathare, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Laptop cannot open as pin does not work

I have two PC's. One Desktop and another Laptop. Both need a pin at bootup to open. The desktop works fine. But the Laptop doesn't open as one key required for the pin is malfunctioning. There is no reset button. I am stuck at the Challenge stage as the key needed for A1B1C1 challenge does not function. How to proceed.

:)

AnilPathare, Jul 23, 2020

2. Laptop cannot open as pin does not work

I have two PC's. One Desktop and another Laptop. Both need a pin at bootup to open. The desktop works fine. But the Laptop doesn't open as one key required for the pin is malfunctioning. There is no reset button. I am stuck at the Challenge stage as the
    key needed for A1B1C1 challenge does not function. How to proceed.

AnilPathare, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Kim Tiw Win User
    Windows pin not working after restart

Hi Bhaumik,

The possible cause of this issue is corruption of files or it could be missing registry settings. To address your concern, we suggest you to follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and browse to this location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder
    • Go to Settings > Accounts >Sign-in Options, click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
    • PIN sign in should work going forward

Let us know how it works.

Kim Tiw, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Laptop cannot open as pin does not work

WINDOWS 10 CANNOT ASSOCIATE FILES using OPEN WITH

Thanks but not a solution. I already looked at the choose more list....

AND does not work from file explorer right click, and the whole idea is NOT to have to open Photoshop first, then look for file to open.

ON the choose other app list- PHOTOSHOP does not appear at all though it is installed and shows in the programs, now called apps, list.

Shift click does nothing. Still not in the list- forces to choose a default from the ones I don't want.

Simply not in the list.

Still cannot add a file type to the list of types either. And if I did manage to add the file type, I can't find the Unreal program in apps list either.

SO the only workaround (and I suppose built in feature meant to work this way) is to PIN to a program and then open the file- and extra step and not an improvement IN MY OPINION.

Windows 10 has not ever worked with drag drop well- if I drag a file to a task bar icon it only pins it.

Cannot drag files into teamspeak file browser any more either. A whole OTHER annoyance in win 10.

Jolie Princess Katana, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Laptop cannot open as pin does not work

1. Laptop cannot open as pin does not work - Similar Threads - Laptop cannot open

2. laptop key does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop key does not work: 4 month ago i buy a brand new laptop of asus with windows 10 pre installed,but after 4 month of usemy "x" button does not work,and when work its goes to auto pressing mode,Eample:- when i press singel "x" its print link "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx....",then i check my keyboard with...
  3. Laptop reset does not work?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop reset does not work?: I reset my Acer laptop with windows 10. At some point I had to select country and language and so on, then clicked on next and set up my wifi. Next came a "one moment please" screen for about an hour. Then the laptop restarted and the step with language and country was shown...
  4. Dell computer that has "lost" the PIN and the password does not work, cannot get into the...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Dell computer that has "lost" the PIN and the password does not work, cannot get into the...: Woe is me. A few days ago I loaded discord onto my Dell Windows 10 Pro machine. It was initializing at computer startup, so I went into config, told it not to, and then restarted the computer. When I booted, it indicates the PIN has been lost. "Something happened and...
  5. Laptop click does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop click does not work: When I press down on my mousepad to click, it doesn't work. Sometimes I try to press down to click and it only rarely works. Now, I have to tap on the pad without pressing down anymore and it works just fine. Is the problem a system problem or mechanical?...
  6. "Open map" of Photos does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Open map" of Photos does not work.: This question was asked before, but that thread is locked, so I am asking it here: Why doesn't "Open map" work? [ATTACH] Every app under Setting > Privacy > Location has been given the permission: [ATTACH]...
  7. Microsoft Store does not open on laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store does not open on laptop: My Microsoft Store and other appsopen and immediately close. I have tried repairing it, resetting my install Does anyone have any further ideas?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-does-not-open-on-laptop/76cfb1d3-ff21-4195-b7b2-8c0beaa4b824"
  8. Laptop does not recognize pin number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop does not recognize pin number: I have a Lenovo laptop win 10. It does not accept my pin number. It will not go into safe mode and every thing I have tried does not work. Everything needs a pin number and each time I enter it, it says password incorrect. I have done shift start to no avail. I cannot get...
  9. Pinterest pin does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pinterest pin does not work: I can not pin to pinterest using my desktop windows 10. I have loaded and deleted the pin button several times. When I try to pin something I get the gray window with the lock button at the top left....
  10. Pin does not work for login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin does not work for login: Hi, I am on latest insider build 14372. For the past view insider builds on this particular machine I can no longer in via pin. Always says incorrect. It use to work. It works on my other machine with same build. I can login with my MS account and change pin.? 55086