Windows 10: Laptop cannot open as pin does not work

Discus and support Laptop cannot open as pin does not work in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have two PC's. One Desktop and another Laptop. Both need a pin at bootup to open. The desktop works fine. But the Laptop doesn't open as one key... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AnilPathare, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Laptop cannot open as pin does not work

I have two PC's. One Desktop and another Laptop. Both need a pin at bootup to open. The desktop works fine. But the Laptop doesn't open as one key required for the pin is malfunctioning. There is no reset button. I am stuck at the Challenge stage as the key needed for A1B1C1 challenge does not function. How to proceed.

:)

AnilPathare, Jul 23, 2020

2. Laptop cannot open as pin does not work

I have two PC's. One Desktop and another Laptop. Both need a pin at bootup to open. The desktop works fine. But the Laptop doesn't open as one key required for the pin is malfunctioning. There is no reset button. I am stuck at the Challenge stage as the
    key needed for A1B1C1 challenge does not function. How to proceed.

AnilPathare, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Kim Tiw Win User
    Windows pin not working after restart

Hi Bhaumik,

The possible cause of this issue is corruption of files or it could be missing registry settings. To address your concern, we suggest you to follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and browse to this location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder
    • Go to Settings > Accounts >Sign-in Options, click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
    • PIN sign in should work going forward

Let us know how it works.

Kim Tiw, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Laptop cannot open as pin does not work

WINDOWS 10 CANNOT ASSOCIATE FILES using OPEN WITH

Thanks but not a solution. I already looked at the choose more list....

AND does not work from file explorer right click, and the whole idea is NOT to have to open Photoshop first, then look for file to open.

ON the choose other app list- PHOTOSHOP does not appear at all though it is installed and shows in the programs, now called apps, list.

Shift click does nothing. Still not in the list- forces to choose a default from the ones I don't want.

Simply not in the list.

Still cannot add a file type to the list of types either. And if I did manage to add the file type, I can't find the Unreal program in apps list either.

SO the only workaround (and I suppose built in feature meant to work this way) is to PIN to a program and then open the file- and extra step and not an improvement IN MY OPINION.

Windows 10 has not ever worked with drag drop well- if I drag a file to a task bar icon it only pins it.

Cannot drag files into teamspeak file browser any more either. A whole OTHER annoyance in win 10.

Jolie Princess Katana, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Laptop cannot open as pin does not work

1. Laptop cannot open as pin does not work - Similar Threads - Laptop cannot open

2. My PIN does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PIN does not work: Microsoft 11 was working fine and I used Microsoft Malware program after that my PIN stopped working. I have the password and it works and then I reset my PIN and cannot do it. I get a message " Something went wrong reset your Pin later". I have done that many times and get...
  3. PIN does not work any longer, cannot open Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN does not work any longer, cannot open Windows: Windows 11 on laptop. For the last 4 weeks I have tried every ways. I get a message " something went wrong we cannot set your PIN, try later". I have tried more than 100 times and get the same message. I have filled the Microsoft account recovery form several times also...
  4. PIN does not work any longer, cannot open Windows

PIN does not work any longer, cannot open Windows: Windows 11 on laptop. For the last 4 weeks I have tried every ways. I get a message " something went wrong we cannot set your PIN, try later". I have tried more than 100 times and get the same message. I have filled the Microsoft account recovery form several times also...
  5. Keyboard does not work with Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard does not work with Pin: After starting I cannot enter my win10 pin to login. Keys pressed but no character appear. Mouse operates as normal.I have not used my local password for so long and cannot remember, this makes it difficult to do most troubleshooting.Tried different USB and different...
  6. Keyboard does not work with Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard does not work with Pin: After starting I cannot enter my win10 pin to login. Keys pressed but no character appear. Mouse operates as normal.I have not used my local password for so long and cannot remember, this makes it difficult to do most troubleshooting.Tried different USB and different...
  7. Cannot access desktop - set up pin does not work

Cannot access desktop - set up pin does not work: Hi,My pc forced an update to windows 11 today including a bios update and on completion I am unable to log into my desktop.It states that my pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings.I have restated my device but this then asks me to set up my pin,...
  8. Cannot access desktop - set up pin does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access desktop - set up pin does not work: Hi,My pc forced an update to windows 11 today including a bios update and on completion I am unable to log into my desktop.It states that my pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings.I have restated my device but this then asks me to set up my pin,...
  9. Pin to Start does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin to Start does not work: Hello Experts:I upgrade my Win10 to Win11 today but I have two major problems1.The "pin to start" function does not work for my Win11, what could be the problem and how to fix it?2.Each time I use the embeded snipping tool to take a snapshot, the window system freezes deadI...
  10. Pin does not work for login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin does not work for login: Hi, I am on latest insider build 14372. For the past view insider builds on this particular machine I can no longer in via pin. Always says incorrect. It use to work. It works on my other machine with same build. I can login with my MS account and change pin.? 55086