Windows 10: Laptop cannot see WiFi networks

Discus and support Laptop cannot see WiFi networks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop has lost the ability to see available WiFi networks, including my home network, so is unable to connect to the internet unless it has a LAN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AustinFlather, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Laptop cannot see WiFi networks

My laptop has lost the ability to see available WiFi networks, including my home network, so is unable to connect to the internet unless it has a LAN cable attached, in which case it accesses the internet without any issues. It used to work fine on either LAN or WiFi, its just lost the ability to see WiFi. All other devices in the house access the WiFi without issues so I don't think it is the router.I have read a few similar questions on this forum and when I access the Network Adapters section within Device Manager I do not see a Network Adapter for WiFi. Is it possible that the Network Adpa

:)

AustinFlather, Jul 27, 2021
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Jul 27, 2021
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jul 27, 2021
  4. sweenmike Win User

Laptop cannot see WiFi networks

Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10

I unintentionally deleted a wifi network on my laptop. Now is does not appear in the list of available wifi networks. I know I am in range as I'm connected to that network on my phone. I know my wifi is working on my laptop as I can connect to all the
    other wifi networks that appear.

I know they SHOULD resync, but this one does not.

Please don't suggest a restore or recover as the only option.

thanks,

Mike

sweenmike, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

Laptop cannot see WiFi networks

1. Laptop cannot see WiFi networks - Similar Threads - Laptop cannot WiFi

2. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  3. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  4. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network: Hello, my laptop cannot find other computers in the network, even though the other computers can find my laptop. A few weeks ago it was working correctly, but I had to be away for a few weeks. Now that I have returned, it seems as though the feature is not working correctly....
  6. Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network

Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network: Hello, my laptop cannot find other computers in the network, even though the other computers can find my laptop. A few weeks ago it was working correctly, but I had to be away for a few weeks. Now that I have returned, it seems as though the feature is not working correctly....
  7. Cannot see a WiFi network & cannot connect to any network

Cannot see a WiFi network & cannot connect to any network: I have a Lenovo N22 laptop running a fully updated Windows 10 Pro (20H2). A week ago I had a Netgear router running with a private class C LAN IP address range. The router was at address 204.107.91.254. Everything on my network worked fine, including the Lenovo. The Netgear...
  8. Cannot see Available Wifi Network on Windows 10

Cannot see Available Wifi Network on Windows 10: I cannot see available wifi networks on Windows 10. It happened because of one of the windows update. How do I resolve this issue? Below picture it is what looks like when clicking the wifi icon on the bottom right corner. [ATTACH] But I can see list of available wifi...
  9. Globe wifi icon cannot see my network

Globe wifi icon cannot see my network: Hi cyberspace. I'm so frustrated. I'm on holiday in South Africa and my windows 10 wifi icon is now a globe and cannot see any of my 3 network routers. Everyone else in the house can connect. So far I have done the following. Shut down and start. Updated drivers....
  10. Cannot see Desktop or Laptop on the network

Cannot see Desktop or Laptop on the network: I recently updated Windows 10 Pro to 1903. So far everything worked ok, except that My Desktop cannot see my Laptop and vice versa. I tried all sorts of things without resolving this issue. Even accessing \\198.168.0.1 tells me that it cannot access \\XXXXXPC with the...