Windows 10: [Laptop] Can't See Battery Level

Discus and support [Laptop] Can't See Battery Level in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing an Acer tool PowerSmart Manager to optimize my laptop's battery life, the battery icon disappeared from my notifications area. (This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by namm, Aug 16, 2015.

1. namm Win User

[Laptop] Can't See Battery Level

After installing an Acer tool PowerSmart Manager to optimize my laptop's battery life, the battery icon disappeared from my notifications area. (This tool was meant for Windows 7).

Not only that, but I can't check the battery levels (using either Windows Mobility options or an external battery monitoring software).

[Laptop] Can't See Battery Level [​IMG]

Uninstalling the software doesn't revert the battery icon, and I still can't check my battery levels.
    Is there any way of fixing without reinstalling Windows?

:)

2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Critical Battery level malfunctions

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 Build 10586 for past few weeks. I need my laptop to be hibernate once the battery goes below 5% so I changed the critical battery level to 5%. But the thing is the laptop hibernates once the battery level goes below 10% independent
    of what ever critical battery level is set. Note that I have been facing this problem from the date I purchased my laptop.

Kindly help me out with this.

Thank you,

Dhinesh Ram K, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Sharon94 Win User

I hae exactly the same problem. Location and power are greyed out. I have tried numerous 'solutions', such as editing the registry, rebooting, power draining, etc. None of them have helped. I really hope I can find a solution to this problem somewhere *Sad

EDIT: Namm, try the solution found on the following thread: missing battery meter - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums
    you need the BIOS-updating part. I assume you own an Acer notebook since you installed the Acer program?
    Go to Drivers en handleidingen downloaden | Officiële Acer-site to update your BIOS. I just installed the update for Windows 7 (which my laptop originally used).

Good luck and let me know if it worked!*Smile

Sharon94, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

1. [Laptop] Can't See Battery Level - Similar Threads - Laptop Can't Battery

2. battery level issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    battery level issue: i have a lenovo legion y530 with windows 11. when i turn on the system it shows a good battery level but as soon as i log in to my system it shows plug in charger your battery is low. apart from that my laptop works fantastic on battery but crashes when i plug in the charger....
  3. battery level issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery level issue: i have a lenovo legion y530 with windows 11. when i turn on the system it shows a good battery level but as soon as i log in to my system it shows plug in charger your battery is low. apart from that my laptop works fantastic on battery but crashes when i plug in the charger....
  4. Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in: My laptop has lately met a lot of performance issues related to the battery. It started with the laptop switching between plugged in and on battery when I'm gaming with AC power. After that issue was gone, I expected my laptop to perform smoothly again. But, my laptop chose...
  5. Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in: My laptop has lately met a lot of performance issues related to the battery. It started with the laptop switching between plugged in and on battery when I'm gaming with AC power. After that issue was gone, I expected my laptop to perform smoothly again. But, my laptop chose...
  6. Battery charging level

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery charging level: my battery is charging only upto 80% and i have followed your steps of resetting the power plan but no use in that.. can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging-level/39008675-046e-449c-b65a-54baca6c273f
  7. Battery charge level

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery charge level: Hi, I have a question I wanted to ask about battery charge level. I support several client and I've been getting a lot of complains about laptops that are plugged in (and it shows as plugged in) but not charging. I suspect that at least in some of those cases that may not be...
  8. battery level

battery level: At one point windows ask if I wanted the battery level to be less when plugged in. Unfortunately, I updated. Now a want a full charge on the battery so computer can be used while traveling. I can't find the place to change it back to full power charge. Can anyone help???...
  9. Battery charging level

Battery charging level: hello dear, I want to stop charging my battery when charging reached 80%. How i set this satting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging-level/c5a9c2fb-7890-48eb-aaa2-1f089b0683d1
  10. Battery level notficication

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery level notficication: Hey people, Does any one know if windows 10 has a option so that i get a notification when my battery is fully charged? Or if there is a app for it that i can download? 19720