Windows 10: Laptop can't see NAS and other PC, but the other PC can see the NAS (but not the laptop)

Discus and support Laptop can't see NAS and other PC, but the other PC can see the NAS (but not the laptop) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my PC can now finally see the NAS on the network, however it can't see the laptop even though they are on the same network. My laptop can't see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/the_neverlander, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Laptop can't see NAS and other PC, but the other PC can see the NAS (but not the laptop)

So my PC can now finally see the NAS on the network, however it can't see the laptop even though they are on the same network. My laptop can't see the PC nor the NAS even though all the settings like NetBIOS and SMB and file sharing are turned on. I can't ping the laptop from my pc either. Both are on the same network and pings aren't being blocked either. How can this be fixed?

submitted by /u/the_neverlander
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/the_neverlander, Feb 23, 2021

2. Win10 PC cannot see NAS and other devices on network. Laptop can.

I have tried everything I know of to try and connect my PC to NAS. Stopped working a few weeks ago.

• All network sharing profiles are ON. Set to Private Network.
    • Workgroup is Network name and is ON.
    • Ran check on Powershell and SMB2 is installed.
    • Nbtstat says shows NAS name and Workgroup in tables.
    • Tried turning SMB1 On and Off in Programs. No difference either way.
    • I can access NAS and all devices on my network with laptop so I know they are not the issue. PC cannot get to anything on home network.
    • Attempts to connect via File Explorer by \\NAS name or \\IP do not work.
    • One NAS recently showed up as an icon on Network area in Explorer. But clicks on it yield no connection. Second NAS does not show up anywhere.
    • Adapter settings in IP4 Properties are set correctly. NetBios and LMHosts are ticked.
    • Windows shows no Updates pending, at v 1909.
    My laptop appears to have the same Network settings as the PC. What is missing here? Thanks for the assistance!

MrTankMcNamara, Feb 23, 2021
  3. NAS

I know how to map a network drive but in the past when I clicked on network all of the PC and my NAS would show in the listing. Now my NAS doesn't show or any of the other PCs on my network show up. I have another Windows 10 Pro desktop that shows itself
    this PC and the NAS. Both machines are up to date as far as updates. I fail to understand why virtually identical machines behave differently with a core Microsoft application.

NormanKirchner, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Laptop can't see NAS and other PC, but the other PC can see the NAS (but not the laptop)

NAS drive is not visible in Explorer

I have a puzzling issue. I have a laptop with Windows 8.1 (wireless attached), I have recently added a Windows 10 PC (cable attached) to temporarily replace my old server and I have update a further PC from WIN7 to WIN10 (wireless attached).

On the updated PC(WIN10) I can see the NAS drive in Explorer listed under NETWORK in the left hand pane.

Since this was updated I can no longer see the NAS drive, listed under NETWORK, in either the laptop or the temporary server replacement PC. What I have on these two devices is a NAS icon listed under NETWORK LOCATIONS in the right hand pane.

Although I can manage the NAS from all the PCs, and as such isn't a problem, I don't understand why this is and even after much trawling through of settings I can not find a reason

Any help?

Addendum: I also have an old WIN7 PC on the network as well and that does not show the NAS drive under NETWORK and neither does it have a NETWORK LOCATIONS icon either.

There is also a satellite receiver that is on the network (I had forgotten about it as it isn't used much) and this is ONLY visible on the WIN7 PC.

SteveBarry1, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Laptop can't see NAS and other PC, but the other PC can see the NAS (but not the laptop)

1. Laptop can't see NAS and other PC, but the other PC can see the NAS (but not the laptop) - Similar Threads - Laptop can't NAS

2. W11 PC unable to see and connect to home NAS and other PC's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 PC unable to see and connect to home NAS and other PC's: I have a brand new W11 PC and cannot browse my home network, e.g. my NAS network attached storage server I have other W10 PC's and don't have an issue with them seeing the other PC's/server on my home network. This is a simple home network without a domain server. The new PC...
  3. W11 PC unable to see and connect to home NAS and other PC's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 PC unable to see and connect to home NAS and other PC's: I have a brand new W11 PC and cannot browse my home network, e.g. my NAS network attached storage server I have other W10 PC's and don't have an issue with them seeing the other PC's/server on my home network. This is a simple home network without a domain server. The new PC...
  4. Laptop can't see main PC even though PC can see laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop can't see main PC even though PC can see laptop: Both rigs running Win 10 20H2 build 19042.1052. I am able to access the internet from the laptop and I managed to share a printer that is connected to the PC with the laptop. For about eight months I've been attempting to set up a home network for file sharing with my custom...
  5. Can't See Other PC's On Home Network

Can't See Other PC's On Home Network: I need to connect two laptops on my home network via WiFi, one of which has a printer attached via USB that I need to share. I read this recent post from Yertiz on the same issue. I followed the tutorial here on this forum, and then the suggestions in Yertiz's post. I still...
  6. Win10 PC cannot see NAS and other devices on network. Laptop can.

Win10 PC cannot see NAS and other devices on network. Laptop can.: I have tried everything I know of to try and connect my PC to NAS. Stopped working a few weeks ago. All network sharing profiles are ON. Set to Private Network. Workgroup is Network name and is ON. Ran check on Powershell and SMB2 is installed. Nbtstat says shows NAS name...
  7. PC and laptop cannot see each other on network.

PC and laptop cannot see each other on network.: I checked previous posts but they seem to be slightly different to my problem. I have a PC and laptop, both on W10. Laptop is on wifi. They cannot see each other. Both machines can see other devices on the LAN. Both machines can print to a network printer. When I open "Add...
  8. Can't see the NAS

Can't see the NAS: Hi, I just bought a Surface Book2 (Win10 and update), I can't find my NAS or any other device through my network. I have checked through the advance network sharing setting and also adjusted the FDPHost & FDResPub into automatically. The NAS & other devices can show...
  9. Not seeing NAS drive

Not seeing NAS drive: Hello Peeps So I profess to being a Win 7 lover and a Win 10 disliker *Sad. Here is my problem all bar one of my pc's in the house have Win 7 installed. The laptop with Win10 will see my house router, as does all the other machines, but won't see my Seagate NAS drive that...
  10. Laptop can't see others on network

Laptop can't see others on network: Have 2 laptops (Windows 10 Home) and a desktop (Windows 10 Pro), all on same network, same workgroup and all are joined to the same homegroup. All have up to date Windows 10 creators update. The problem is, Under network in file explorer, One laptop and the desktop can see...