Windows 10: Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu

Discus and support Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since i got this new laptop the peformance didnt feel right. SO i checked what gpu was using as display, and it was the intergrated gpu. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wolf, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Wolf Win User

Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu

Ever since i got this new laptop the peformance didnt feel right. SO i checked what gpu was using as display, and it was the intergrated gpu. How do you switch the intel gpu to the nvidia gpu to main display. Ive tried disabling the intel gpu but it was replaced with a microsoft driver. I also tried doing the 3d settings in nvidia control panel. Any possible way to fix this? Im trying to switch the intergrated with a rtx 3050.

:)

2. Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers

It is configured as it is.What NVIDIA Optimus does is switch to Intel HD on non-GPU demanding applications to save energy and heat. It will only use the dedicated GPU when needed (like, running games for example).

All laptops with NVIDIA and Intel configuration have NVIDIA Optimus technology.

RoasterMen, Jan 13, 2022
  3. Switching between discrete NVIDIA GPU and integrated Intel CPU/GPU (?)

Thanks for the rapid reply Dave.

With reference to your suggestion of "forcing" commercial 4K Bluray playback via NVIDIA GPU, please be advised that I contacted NVIDIA tech support late last year regarding this matter and they informed me, as had others in the past, that due to a lack of
    certain hardware based copy protection on all discrete graphics cards, this is not possible. However, the Intel CPU is capable of such playback but I need to be able to switch between the two without having to go into BIOS and rebooting the computer every
    time I change the settings, that is, if there even is such an option in the BIOS settings.

So my original question still stands.

Glutenus Maximus, Jan 13, 2022
  4. RahulKAR Win User

Switching between discrete NVIDIA GPU and integrated Intel CPU/GPU (?)

Do as Dave instructed but choose Power Saving in place of high performance so that Cyberlink uses Intel HD Graphics.

RahulKAR, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

1. Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu - Similar Threads - Laptop Cant switch

2. Cant switch default GPU on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant switch default GPU on laptop: Hi,1 I ve got a problem that my gaming laptop asus tuf f15 506hm is using my intel uhd graphic device as default.. But i want to switch to the high performance NVIDIA RTX 3060.. because on desktop for example it uses the integrated one and it offers so bad performance even...
  3. Cant switch default GPU on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant switch default GPU on laptop: Hi,1 I ve got a problem that my gaming laptop asus tuf f15 506hm is using my intel uhd graphic device as default.. But i want to switch to the high performance NVIDIA RTX 3060.. because on desktop for example it uses the integrated one and it offers so bad performance even...
  4. Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu: Ever since i got this new laptop the peformance didnt feel right. SO i checked what gpu was using as display, and it was the intergrated gpu. How do you switch the intel gpu to the nvidia gpu to main display. Ive tried disabling the intel gpu but it was replaced with a...
  5. Minecraft Not using more of NVIDIA GPU, only Intel GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minecraft Not using more of NVIDIA GPU, only Intel GPU: Hey. I recently played minecraft once. And i was surprised by the fact that i was getting low fps.I set the right GPU for it, and in the f3 screen it shows NVIDIA GTX 1650 only. But when i saw task manager, i saw something else. It was using the intel GPU. the graphs for...
  6. Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers: New Dell laptop with Windows 10Pro. Laptop has an optional NVidia MX250 GPU. I installed that latest NV drivers. I also went into the Dell control manager system where it looked for updates for drivers. It updated A few drivers incl and update to BIOS but It also seemed to...
  7. My nvidia gpu cant be detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My nvidia gpu cant be detected: Yes i know... But i have already researched the problem a lot and still no results, i have tried to messege nvidia support but no respond, The problem is with my gtx M850 and yes the driver installer cant detect any nvidia gpu, what could be the problem then?...
  8. Switching between discrete NVIDIA GPU and integrated Intel CPU/GPU (?)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching between discrete NVIDIA GPU and integrated Intel CPU/GPU (?): Virtual greetings. I recently upgraded my ancient Windows 7 computer to a new and very potent desktop Windows 10 PC. This new PC will be connected via HDMI to a 4K QLED TV as the display monitor. I wanted to use my new PC to watch commercial 4K Blu-ray movies (amongst...
  9. discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel)

discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel): Hello, I have a bit of a problem... It refers to the GPU switching with the option of Running x application with intel or nvidia GPU. Once for example I choose the game running with the Nvidia graphic card after I look on task manager it still shows that application is...
  10. Force Nvidia instead of Onboard Intel GPU

Force Nvidia instead of Onboard Intel GPU: I set everything in the the Nvidia Control Panel to force the system to use my Nvidia Geforce 850M GPU, since I noticed that it wasn't ever switching. I also set it to display on the screen what GPU the Physx engine is using, and it always uses the onboard Intel GPU. I also...