Windows 10: Laptop charging but the "plug" icon not showing.

Discus and support Laptop charging but the "plug" icon not showing. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I booted my laptop one day normally and put it in charging. I do it because i own a gaming laptop and it won't run above 30 fps. I think it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/krrishc, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Laptop charging but the "plug" icon not showing.

Laptop charging but the "plug" icon not showing. rpA5fby6UFyz2t1uZR-VBX2BFQEKy0XSwcxzmQI2dpk.jpg

I booted my laptop one day normally and put it in charging. I do it because i own a gaming laptop and it won't run above 30 fps. I think it is a battery saving feature when not plugged in. But now, when I plug it in charge, the "plug" icon on top of the battery symbol doesn't appear. I know the machine is charging because the in-built led lights up. I don't know what to do.

Things I have tried:

1. Changing the port through which I charge.
    2. Restarted the laptop multiple times.
    3. Checked if any pending Windows update (No update pending, the OS is up to date).
    4. And I tried unplugging and re-plugging the connector.

https://preview.redd.it/s80um8fe45t...bp&s=05415f97ca6a582d3ae7e2093e87fc4ad42910b0

submitted by /u/krrishc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/krrishc, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Graydrake Win User

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, May 23, 2020
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop charging but the "plug" icon not showing. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 23, 2020
  4. Laptop charging but the "plug" icon not showing.

Lenova G400s laptop-Plugged in and not Charging- Issues reg.

I have a Lenova G400s Laptop. While charging my laptop shown "Plugged in and not Charging" I gone through the web and I tried the following steps i found in net

Please try below steps and check if it helps.

• Disconnect AC adapter.
    • Remove battery.
    • Connect AC Adapter.
    • Power on the laptop.
    • Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of
      Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and select
      Uninstall.
    • Shutdown.
    • Disconnect AC adapter.
    • Insert battery.
    • Connect AC adapter.
    • Power on the laptop.
    • still the problem not solve, it shows "plugged in and not Charging".. Pl guide me to solve the issues

BalusamyArumugam, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Laptop charging but the "plug" icon not showing.

1. Laptop charging but the "plug" icon not showing. - Similar Threads - Laptop charging plug

2. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: I'm having some difficulty getting my laptop to charge. It is a brand-new laptop so problems with the battery and charger shouldn't be a problem.When I plug in the charger it says its charging, however the percentage does not increase no matter how much time goes by. I don't...
  3. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: I'm having some difficulty getting my laptop to charge. It is a brand-new laptop so problems with the battery and charger shouldn't be a problem.When I plug in the charger it says its charging, however the percentage does not increase no matter how much time goes by. I don't...
  4. Laptop keep showing charging icon when its in plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keep showing charging icon when its in plugged in.: My Laptop always showing charging icon. I limited the battery charge into 50-60%.After reaching 60% its showing that its charging but its actually not charging. Same thing happening when it reaches 100% after completing charge it showing same charging icon......but battery...
  5. Laptop keep showing charging icon when its in plugged in.

Laptop keep showing charging icon when its in plugged in.: My Laptop always showing charging icon. I limited the battery charge into 50-60%.After reaching 60% its showing that its charging but its actually not charging. Same thing happening when it reaches 100% after completing charge it showing same charging icon......but battery...
  6. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: This problem of plugged in not charging has been there for about 1 month. The surprising fact is when i keep the charger at different angles it charges and then when i keep it at the same angle it won't. Can i fix this at homeMeanwhile my laptop battery isn't removable....
  7. Laptop plugged in but not charging

Laptop plugged in but not charging: This problem of plugged in not charging has been there for about 1 month. The surprising fact is when i keep the charger at different angles it charges and then when i keep it at the same angle it won't. Can i fix this at homeMeanwhile my laptop battery isn't removable....
  8. Laptop charging icon shows charging even when my charger is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop charging icon shows charging even when my charger is not plugged in: My laptop charging icon shows charging even when my charger is not plugged in. The charging light too remains on. I tried uninstalling the battery driver but the issue still persists. There is absolutely no problem with my charger or the battery as it charges and drains...
  9. Laptop plugged in not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop plugged in not charging: I have a Acer ES1 512 laptop.Since updating from 1803 to 1809 window 10. There is issues in charging.It is slowly getting worse today at 92% not charging down from 98%.It just wont charge to 100% anymore.Have tried everything even updating drivers and troubleshooting power....
  10. laptop plugged in not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop plugged in not charging: laptop plugged in but not charging displayed. What next to get it to charge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-plugged-in-not-charging/8a96a914-66f3-47c6-beae-b657b2d146c4