Windows 10: Laptop Charging Problem

Discus and support Laptop Charging Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Laptop do not get charged further when it reaches 79%. It shows connected with charger but displays "Not Charging". What do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aryan Raj, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Aryan Raj Win User

Laptop Charging Problem

My Laptop do not get charged further when it reaches 79%. It shows connected with charger but displays "Not Charging". What do I do?

:)

Aryan Raj, Oct 21, 2018

2. Problems laptop charging through power inverter

So i used to drive a cab with a little netbook. Had a 150w power inverter for it. It ran fine. I startes truck driving now and my laptop wouldnt charge through the inverter. I tried it on an outlet and it charged fine. I bought a 300w power inverter thinking the old one went bad, but nope. Same problem. These trucks can power a minifridge and a microwave but cant charge a little netbook? The power inverter turns on and the usb ports give power. But the laptop wont draw power from it. Anyone have any clues? Cuz i know the power inverter is more than strong enough, the laptop charger works. Im completely out of ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Lukas Michalek, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    charging problems

Hi Lisa,

The charging capability of the device depends on the charger adapter, battery, and power settings. Hence, the laptop will not charge if one component fails to work. For us to know why it won't charge, we'd like to ask the following:

• Are there any error messages or return codes to explain the problem?
    • How old is your laptop?
    • To avoid repetition, can you provide us with all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
    • Is this an ongoing event or a recent incident?
    • Were there any changes, recent updates, and newly installed applications on your device that may have affected your computer's charging performance?

Additionally, you can run the Power troubleshooter to diagnose the power settings. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Cortana search bar and press
      Enter.
    • A window will open. Click View All in the left side pane of the window.
    • Click Power to run the troubleshooter.
    • Let it finish and check for the details of the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Erika Aro, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Laptop Charging Problem

PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING WINDOWS 10, ASUS LAPTOP

• hi sir/ ladies,

Recently my laptop stopped charging when the battery meter reach 74% (before it was 94% then it become 84% next is 81% and finally 74%), can anyone tell me how to fix it. i try different solution in internet such as STEP 1: device manager STEP 2: Battery STEP
      3: Uninstall 2nd option in battery STEP 4: Scan for hardware changes and so on BUT it also didn't fix the battery issues in my laptop.

thank you, sorry for my bad english.

P

microsoftineedhelp0911, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Laptop Charging Problem

1. Laptop Charging Problem - Similar Threads - Laptop Charging Problem

2. Charging Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Charging Problem: HelloI have a strange problem with my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44. My laptop's battery is in good situation and keeps charge for more than 6 hours. But a strange things are happening. sometimes when it gets fully charge up to 100%, it suddenly turns off. then I turn it on again,...
  3. Laptop Charging Problems??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Charging Problems??: Heya folks, I'm having some strange issues that seem to revolve around the power supply or charing of my laptop. I'll do my best to explain this but please bear with me. These issues may have separate causes but at the same time may be related, hence why I'm including the...
  4. Laptop Charging Problems??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Charging Problems??: Heya folks, I'm having some strange issues that seem to revolve around the power supply or charing of my laptop. I'll do my best to explain this but please bear with me. These issues may have separate causes but at the same time may be related, hence why I'm including the...
  5. Laptop has problems charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop has problems charging: Hello,I am currently having issues charging my Asus laptop, it will occasionally work and then once unplugged will not charge again. I thought it was my charger but have realised it is another issue. I've tried to hard restart it, no luck. In my device manager, I also have no...
  6. Laptop has problems charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop has problems charging: Hello,I am currently having issues charging my Asus laptop, it will occasionally work and then once unplugged will not charge again. I thought it was my charger but have realised it is another issue. I've tried to hard restart it, no luck. In my device manager, I also have no...
  7. Charging problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Charging problem: My laptop turns on and works, but it won't charge. I plug in the laptop, and the charging indicator light won't light up, and Windows says it's not charging. Usually when the charger won't work i can tilt around the charger to make it work, but it won't work now. Help!...
  8. MSI Laptop charging problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSI Laptop charging problem: Hey there.There is this problem with my MSI gaming laptop that makes the charging unusual.I have read about this problem a lot but none of the fixes I found worked in my case.The problem with the charging is that the charging is like, the charger connects, disconnects and...
  9. Charging problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Charging problem: Hey guys! I need everyone's help. I have an Acer laptop that sometimes freezes when I plug in the power pack. Anyone with a permanent solution to this problem? The temporal solution is unplugging the laptop. Thanks....
  10. Laptop charging problem,

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop charging problem,: My HP laptop has been plugged in while im working. It has reached 78% but the battery icon at the bottom of the screen says "plugged in not charging" Can anyone help how I can charge to 100%...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ongoing problem with asus laptop x751s windows 10 battery not charging after microsoft updates