Windows 10: Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

Discus and support Laptop closes programes when lid is closed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bikeit, May 25, 2019.

1. bikeit Win User

Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain open.

:)

bikeit, May 25, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

Laptop restarts after closing the lid

Hi,

It appears that your laptop hibernates when you close its lid. This feature terminates running processes on your machine since it allows the system to use very little power. If
    Do nothing is already selected for Choose what closing the lid does
    in Power Options, let's try to make hibernation unavailable. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you get a prompt window.
    • Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off then press Enter.
    See if this will prevent the laptop from hibernating when you close the lid.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, May 25, 2019
  3. rmoreau Win User
    How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, May 25, 2019
  4. jsmith613 Win User

Close laptop lid - external monitor

Yep. The computer remained and I could use the external monitor. But all windows on the laptop screen moved over. Currently when the lid is closed, the windows remain on the laptop screen which is then "off"

jsmith613, May 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop closes programes when lid is closed - Similar Threads - Laptop closes programes

2. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD which says your windows insider build ran into a problem with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL and application failed is amdkmpfd.sys When the pc automatically restarts i...
  3. Apps closing when laptop lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps closing when laptop lid is closed: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface and all my open apps force close when the laptop lid has been closed overnight. I've checked all previous solutions posted on this site and nothing works. Very Annoying, can someone help resolve asap? ? It really shouldn't be this...
  4. Prevent Windows 10 from Closing Programs When Closing Laptop Lid

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent Windows 10 from Closing Programs When Closing Laptop Lid: Hello! Whenever my computer falls asleep, either automatically from leaving the lid open or closing the lid, all of the programs I had up close down. It looks like Microsoft is exiting out of and shutting down all programs that were open. This has been incredibly...
  5. Laptop will flicker and stutter when closing lid.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop will flicker and stutter when closing lid.: I have an external monitor, when I want to have my lid closed, great no problem. Only recently has a new problem showed up. The problem is, the laptop will stop outputting (ie, my monitor goes black). It is only when I readjust the HDMI cable that it starts showing up...
  6. BSOD when closing laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when closing laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 20H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL. Looking in event viewer, TPM driver has consistently failed with Event IDs 15 & 27, and then seconds later there a several...
  7. When lid closed

When lid closed: Hey Microsoft Community! I want to "Do nothing" when my laptop lid is closed. I was able to set this in Control Panel. I don't want to drain my battery, though, so I want it to hibernate about 5 minutes after there is not activity. Thank you!...
  8. Preventing close-out of open programs when I close the laptop lid

Preventing close-out of open programs when I close the laptop lid: What is causing programs to shut down completely when I close the lid? I have to re-launch, sign in, and usually recover docs that were open at the time of closure, etc. even if all I've done is go from one room to the next. I've checked the power & sleep settings ... this...
  9. Not to turn off laptop when closing lid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not to turn off laptop when closing lid: Where can I enable a feature that even if I close the lid on my laptop it doesn't go to sleep. I need this because I'm using an external monitor and it would be really convenient. submitted by /u/KvoDon [link] [comments]...
  10. Lock laptop when lid is closed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock laptop when lid is closed: Hello, Please add to Windows 10 the option to "lock on lid close". Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/lock-laptop-when-lid-is-closed/c9798949-35f4-46f1-afeb-fbf7b2be39c1"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. program closes when lid closes